Can We Get the "React" Teens to Play KSP?

Thomas988

I watch YouTube a lot, and one of my favorite channels if TheFineBros. Their popular series "React" just got it's own channel, and one of the weekly shows there is a gaming reaction. They choose which game the react teens play by listening to what lots of people are suggesting them to play. So, if we contact them enough and tell them to play KSP they just might do it! I, personally, would be ecstatic if they played KSP.

So I was curious, do you guys want them to play KSP? If you do, and if you also have a YouTube/Facebook/Twitter account, leaving a comment on their pages is your best bet. You don't have to do this, only if you want to.

What I see with the vocal majority of our generation is a general lack of interest in spaceflight. Last week I showed one of my cousins a picture of the Apollo 15 LRV, she just told me it was all filned in a desert and continued to chat on Facebook. :(

Sad, but true, sometimes some of my classmates laughed at me because I'm interested in spaceflight and engineering, I don't mind what they say. By the way those classmates smoke, drink alcohol...

Back on topic: Not a bad idea.

No. Please no. I don't like these series at all. This would give KSP some attention, but maybe you'll get the wrong audience target.

And if I look to my classmates... No.

It would be like if pewdiepie plays this game, but then a little different.

Great discussion guys.

I personally believe that the amount of publicity we have right now is good enough. Games that have a slow growing and tightly knit community of dedicated players are usually the ones with the best communities.

Very well said, and I couldn't agree more. I suppose having huge mainstream people play KSP in front of millions may be cool, but in the grand scheme of things it might not turn out for the best. I seriously would be extremely sad if KSP lost it's closely-knit community. No offense, but look at Minecraft.

Great discussion guys.

Very well said, and I couldn't agree more. I suppose having huge mainstream people play KSP in front of millions may be cool, but in the grand scheme of things it might not turn out for the best. I seriously would be extremely sad if KSP lost it's closely-knit community. No offense, but look at Minecraft.

Right with you there buddy!

While I don't want a hundred complaint threads, I also want KSP to become more popular. The bigger the pool of people, the more smart guys we can get in our ship!

I tried getting my former classmates to play KSP, and only 1 out of 15 got hooked. And he is the only one interested in space travel and his friend build water rockets, so the game was made fr him.

I think we can get a teens react if we spam me with a thousand requests.

Why don't we get 'trees react'? They have the same intellectual capability as most teenagers today

(I apologise to any trees with mental retardation that I may of offended)

Might *HAVE, actually (oh the irony) And it's not teenagers today, it's the moronic ones they pick for the channel. I believe their lack of knowledge is there to be laughed at.

Might *HAVE, actually (oh the irony) And it's not teenagers today, it's the moronic ones they pick for the channel. I believe their lack of knowledge is there to be laughed at.

But unfortunately, they have higher levels of mental capability then most of the people I know (I'm tempted to copy and post a really long rant I have saved somewhere about why I think this, but I think I will refrain from posting as to avoid derailing this thread)

Agreed my friend. The next and the current generation are already ruined by the Internet....

Actually, they are ruined by some cr*p on there like InstaSpam and BadBook.

• 2 weeks later...

I can just see those teens whining and complaining that they cant understand it; KSP needs more than a few minutes of game-play to realize how amazing it can be. that being said, the exposure would do wonders for the devs and the game's popularity. On the topic of interest in space exploration, I live in India and the amount of interest here is a bit better ( probably because our space program is kicking ass right now; not the level of NASA or the Russians ofcourse :wink: )

I can just see those teens whining and complaining that they cant understand it; KSP needs more than a few minutes of game-play to realize how amazing it can be. that being said, the exposure would do wonders for the devs and the game's popularity. On the topic of interest in space exploration, I live in India and the amount of interest here is a bit better ( probably because our space program is kicking ass right now; not the level of NASA or the Russians ofcourse :wink: )

You have at least SOME space program....my country doesn't have any...

Why do you people think the average viewer of TheFineBros channel is a moron?

Also, if not Teens React, why not Elders React?

Yeah, a lot of engineers would be interested and it would be fun to see them put the dreaded:

AERODYNAMIC NOSE CONE or even worse, a "heat shield". Ah, the joys of one taking KSP too seriously.

• 1 month later...
I been asking them to react to ksp for ages so far no success

stop before the ksp community is overrun by 6 year olds asking for autopilots, being shown mechjeb, installing it, and complaining that it breaks there game when the new update comes out, then blaming squad and creating spam accounts illeagaly on steam to lower the rating. seriously it took me about a year to reah the mun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.