Life support in career?

0x7be

Hi, guys. I've been thinking for a while about life support mod in career mode. I'd like to try it, but I don't want to run into unsolvable problems deep into the career. Namely, I'am afraid it will be too hard (in terms of funds) to support distant persitent bases and stations.

So, anybody who has such experience, please tell me how it's going and what life support mod are you using.

Thanks in advance.

I am using TAC without any problems so far. I don't see a huge change in cost of adding more tanks. I'm guessing for missions to Duna or something will be close to the same before funds. I haven't done manned missions out of Kerbin's SOI yet. :)

Hi, guys. I've been thinking for a while about life support mod in career mode. I'd like to try it, but I don't want to run into unsolvable problems deep into the career. Namely, I'am afraid it will be too hard (in terms of funds) to support distant persitent bases and stations.

So, anybody who has such experience, please tell me how it's going and what life support mod are you using.

TAC-LS is fun but fairly cruisy; a standard size life support container will supply a few Kerbals for about a year, and once you move up the tech tree you unlock recycling gizmos that let you turn waste back into supplies. The real killer is running out of electricity; it drains constantly due to the need to run the heating and CO2 scrubbers, and it isn't really possible to pack on enough batteries for more than a day or so. Stay within low Kerbin orbit until you unlock solar panels.

TAC-LS is fun but fairly cruisy; a standard size life support container will supply a few Kerbals for about a year, and once you move up the tech tree you unlock recycling gizmos that let you turn waste back into supplies. The real killer is running out of electricity; it drains constantly due to the need to run the heating and CO2 scrubbers, and it isn't really possible to pack on enough batteries for more than a day or so. Stay within low Kerbin orbit until you unlock solar panels.

I've did some experiments with TAC and encountered some problem: solar panels do not charge battareis on invactive flights. I have to switch to ship from time to time to let it recharge battareis.

I've did some experiments with TAC and encountered some problem: solar panels do not charge battareis on invactive flights. I have to switch to ship from time to time to let it recharge battareis.

Doesn't happen to me; it may be worth posting a report in the support thread.

Im using TAC, planning to make my first extra-kerbin mission (probably Duna) with a large mothership capable of renewable survival, with small landers/rovers to collect all the science, and a little capsule to return the data and samples with.

No issues thus far, though ive only sent probes further than minmus to test parts

This is intentional and is a problem with the games code. If you know it has solar panels then it should be fine to leave it until you need to switch to that craft. Also note that with TACLS .9 each pod has 3 days of life support built in, while not enough for a Minmus Mission it is more than enough for a Mun Mission (Assuming you don't stay too long)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.