Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

I'm baaaack!

http://i.imgur.com/Y59IMNQ.png

I got new ships to field, too. They're just not ready for the spotlight yet.

Nice, looks good (and unique too as you dont really see that many similar craft around, its mostly drek style hulls these days).

That said those 650 ibeams make we cringe whenever i see them used in large numbers as armor.......It doesnt really matter how good they are, they make part count go through the roof. How many parts are on that thing btw?

A C.N.S. (Central Nation Sovereignty) ''Kraklet'' Battlecruiser is visiting the nearest Spacehub for refueling.

http://i.imgur.com/qzO8x07.png

http://imgur.com/a/ARADR

Nice, how resilient is that thing to damage i wonder? If you feel like releasing it, id love a link to give it a try (see how it holds up to my weapons).

As I said earlier, new ships are coming, albeit more slowly and with a higher emphasis on quality, aesthetics, and redundancy than Dv, speed, or part economy (hopefully 1.1/unity 5 will reduce part count's impacts on performance).

kdTxIcz.png

This ship is the first of this new line (which will be accompanied by my older, yet still functional SX-13/14/00/01/etc. ships), and is designated the NX-1.

*The missiles are cruddy placeholders for a nice, BVR-targeted ion torp I'm thinking up.*

There's some other features as well, but those are secret for now. :P

As I said earlier, new ships are coming, albeit more slowly and with a higher emphasis on quality, aesthetics, and redundancy than Dv, speed, or part economy (hopefully 1.1/unity 5 will reduce part count's impacts on performance).

http://i.imgur.com/kdTxIcz.png

This ship is the first of this new line (which will be accompanied by my older, yet still functional SX-13/14/00/01/etc. ships), and is designated the NX-1.

*The missiles are cruddy placeholders for a nice, BVR-targeted ion torp I'm thinking up.*

There's some other features as well, but those are secret for now. :P

Fu--in Sweet ship! I have to up my game again.

Nice, how resilient is that thing to damage i wonder? If you feel like releasing it, id love a link to give it a try (see how it holds up to my weapons).

I have tested it using four (4) of my ''Kraken Tirepedoes'' and three (3) regular I-Beam Missiles. One (2) out of four (4) Tirepedoes killed it. One (1) out of three (3) I-Beam Missiles damaged it. (I say a 50-50 chance of surviving a critical hit cause the tirepedoes are that powerful)

''Kraklet'' Battlecruiser craft file: http://www./download/83ww8kwl5lmmsoj/KRAKLET+BATTLECRUISER.craft

''Kraken'' Battleship (his older brother that I also want tested) craft file: http://www./download/s8e6dmj35sy2xr3/Battleship+Kraken+Model+1.craft

I refer to the ''Kraklet'' Battlecruiser as the "flimsy space hotdog" because of the way of flexes when hit. Btw is that kind flexing bad for a ship? (My new hull design prevents being cut in half from the center as seen from the tests it bends, but it seems like I merely moved the critical cutting point to another location instead of the center I have to work on this again please check the album I linked) I would like to hear other tests as soon as possible so I can start improving it.

Btw I think I have a new idea for a reactive armor that could replace my former armoring schemes. Like the fuel tanks as disposable impact absorbent material or the conventional flexing armor that I installed on my former ships. I wish it would work.

UM6gbC9.png

IttsBYW.png

YohHrGp.png

Rest of the pics.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Zamovinar

As of this moment, my time is incredibly limited, but I shall attempt to roll out a vessel or two by the end of next week--I have a few potentially interesting ideas, and a semi-successful prototype that I wish to revisit and improve. My opponents grow more formidable; I must fashion a response. :P

After a couple of youtube videos (and a PM or two) got me thinking, I threw together a small warship using my old modular concept, but taken to the ultimate extreme. Basically, I got rid of the last of the armor, and just made the whole shebang an "ablative defense" thing. This would be the smallest iteration (it masses 33 mT only! This would be a light corvette, or a heavy fighter) with two of each of the modules in the system, except weapons, of which it is carrying more than its fair share. Note the excessive RCS power: before a battle, you might as well drop the engine modules and fuel tanks to wait a safe distance away, the missile turrets and manned control pods can maneuver themselves just fine.

Pgl8aRq.png

And speaking of weapons, I haven't tried those I-Beam missiles seriously in 1.04, but if all I know about KSP is worth anything, they should be quite deadly: they run at >7G's, and through "physicsless" parts I increased the weight of the impactor (the I-Beam, obviously) over 0.4mT, meaning now it masses more than a structural plate, yet it has the same impact tolerance. If I know my KSP physics, that means it ends up having the biggest probability of not exploding in an impact against any part, with the possible exception of tires.

Rune. Just in cased this gives people ideas, that's what I would bring to a KSP fight. And flood the map with probe icons.

Edited by Rune

This forum is very much alive once more. Everybody is showing off their awesome ships, down from small corvettes up to gigantic dreadnoughts. I'm just like here thinking, Dammit! I'm going to bring it an Orbital Platform! (maybe install in some anti-capital ship weapons while I'm at it) :sticktongue:

This heavy cruiser is 30 tons heavier than the nouvelle, and features disconnected fuel tanks. That stops a hit to the front from disabling the craft(new for me, I am sure most people do that here). She has 4 anti capital ship "Horus" missiles, 6 smaller "High Velocity High Mass" Missiles for lighter capital ships that are under about 50 tons, and 8 anti fighter RCS missiles.

Edited by Alphasus

Speaking of light ships, I have an untested Raven Gunship, weighng in at just 22 tons! Fully armed, too, good DV, good TWR, and low part count! Again, it's untested, but after I took the pics I put some struts on, it has full SAS and an OKTO2, has 2 HVHM missiles, or PosterTorps as I call them, and 2 stacks of 2 650 Torps, it is all highly inspired by Probe-Tek's bigger ship in the new Kethane Station video.

Baffled at the low part count and dat low weight! Even fully armed! This all comes at a price, though, as most of it's armour is wing armour, but inside the back and of the wings there are 2 1.25m inline reaction wheels, and 6 0.650m inline reaction wheels, as well as alot of batteries. So it should be able to manouvre, unlike most of my ships.

Info on arnaments: 650 Torps are quite self-explanatory, made of a 650 I-beam, 2 seperatrons as propulsion, an octagonal strut at the back and are fully stackable and reloadable. they are unguided, so I placed the two stacks right near the tip of the ship to aid in accuracy, which I will admit made me feel a bit clever. It has 2 PosterTorps (HVHM) which are the arnaments the SAP-C Posterus uses, HVHM stands for High-Velocity-High-Mass, they have buttloads of seperatrons and a main structure of a big I-beam. Despite all this the craft itself is only 156 parts, with struts, the album has it without struts, which is 148 parts.

Any offers to test it are appreciated, I will send a download link if anyone wannts to test it. Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoy my content.

- - - Updated - - -

This heavy cruiser is 30 tons heavier than the nouvelle, and features disconnected fuel tanks. That stops a hit to the front from disabling the craft(new for me, I am sure most people do that here). She has 4 anti capital ship "Horus" missiles, 6 smaller "High Velocity High Mass" Missiles for lighter capital ships that are under about 50 tons, and 8 anti fighter RCS missiles.

Wow, I finish writing a report on my Raven and just as I post it I see this, looks amazing! It's like a family tree here, this looks similar to the Nouvelle which looks similar to the Posterus.

Ohh. Pretty. Looks like it would be some pretty fireworks :D

One might think so, but it has a full-reinforced steel hull under all those outer wing plates. It also has a complete set of internal dividers for breach protection.

Those guided VLS missiles will reach out and hit targets beyond loading distance if need be.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.