Naval Battle Club

astecarmyman

BATTLE ALERT!

Rune's Skunkworks VS Zokesia Skunworks

PERSIST: https://www./?bt8fe3uxuxc1lup

3 ships, 255 tonnes max, Mun. Special rules: Refueling out of battle range is allowed.

http://i.imgur.com/SE5QowA.jpg

*loud airhorn noises*

Awesome, can't wait to see how this pans out.

This reactive armour system works well. :) It seems to be able to deflect most fighter weaponry. Haven't tried heavy weapons on it. Part count penalty is surprisingly low. :)

http://i.imgur.com/R07GfCy.png

Yup. :)

Reactive armor is great for fighter defense, but if you REALLY want to protect against heavy weapons, I recommend using up-armoring and reactive armoring.

Up-armoring basically just means adding expendable hull/armor sections that stick out just a tad bit, absorbing damage from heavy weapons. (Basically, just reactive armoring "+" :P)

*loud airhorn noises*

Awesome, can't wait to see how this pans out.

This will probably be my last battle for a while, i have school projects coming and I want to try and restart my "Grand Mission" of Project R.... a one-trip laythe base. That and the anti-drek movement has reached cult status :D and i've won 3 battles in a row, kind of want to quit while i'm ahead :)

This will probably be my last battle for a while, i have school projects coming and I want to try and restart my "Grand Mission" of Project R.... a one-trip laythe base. That and the anti-drek movement has reached cult status :D and i've won 3 battles in a row, kind of want to quit while i'm ahead :)

Cool, Project R sounds quite interesting. :)

Also, now the thing has gone from anti-drek to an overall ship revamp movement, which is good since 0.25's out.

Yup, we are going at it. R-SUV is frantically building the flagship to lead the invasion fleet right now, and a couple of old Destroyers have already been hastily refitted with improved weaponry to take on the though job. Panicked people running everywhere looking real busy! All employees' vacations will have to be canceled, and forget about weekends until the gauntlet thrown by Zokesia can be properly met. Historic times for the company, our designs finally get the chance to be battle-tested!

... I just hope real hard I have something that can pierce a Drek's hull in my arsenal. :rolleyes:

losWuQc.jpg

Rune. I refuse to check before heading out, so I'll come loaded for bear and hope for the best.

I haven't seen a .5m round cause much damage to a drek since the XIII a punchball probably could cripple one.

The XIII was the first and only ship i've ever self-destructed... I fired a missile and it blew itslef apart O.o that was the last time that design was used... it was literally the worst designed ship ever.

Now, the Mini Dreks are much smaller, i can peirce them with my .5 rounds, but those weigh like 5 tonnes each... and are like 5 i-beams each XD

The XIII was the first and only ship i've ever self-destructed... I fired a missile and it blew itslef apart O.o that was the last time that design was used... it was literally the worst designed ship ever.

Now, the Mini Dreks are much smaller, i can peirce them with my .5 rounds, but those weigh like 5 tonnes each... and are like 5 i-beams each XD

I plan to drown you in a shower of missiles. Each of the destroyers now sports twelve reinforced guided missiles with T/W over 14, beside the main light torpedoes. If I can't at least knock you one Drek out of the fight with that... Well, I'm hastily building 1.25m versions. :D

Edit:Oh, and a wild idea... what happens if you fire something with an armed Klaw on the front? Does that count as forced deorbit? No control after firing, of course, does the engine shut down when "docking"?

Rune. Now the important part is going to be aiming. I've got like zero experience there.

Edited by Rune

I plan to drown you in a shower of missiles. Each of the destroyers now sports twelve reinforced guided missiles with T/W over 14, beside the main light torpedoes. If I can't at least knock you one Drek out of the fight with that... Well, I'm hastily building 1.25m versions. :D

Rune. Now the important part is going to be aiming. I've got like zero experience there.

TWELVE! :o Oh my.

As for aim, practice practice practice. That's all that helps.

TWELVE! :o Oh my.

As for aim, practice practice practice. That's all that helps.

Hence the twelve missiles (which if I had counted well, would be nine in reality. Whatever, the flagship has more). I plan to practice on you! Let's hope I'm a fast learner, and everything will be fine for my crew.

Rune. Maybe I should have thought this through a bit more? Nahhh...

Edited by Rune

I finally finished them....

3P6Mrhp.png

The SX-11 and SX-12 are now 100% complete, and the SX-12 will be getting a release (the SX-11 still has a strange tendency to bug out when firing multiple 1.25 meter rounds at once, so that'll need some tweaking.).

SX-11:

G39QvL7.png

SX-12:

HZknpFM.png

EDIT: The SX-12 has been released on my company page, and on the "Military Series Ship Submissions" thread on the Spacecraft Exchange. Phew.

Edited by ScriptKitt3h

I finally finished them....

http://i.imgur.com/3P6Mrhp.png

The SX-11 and SX-12 are now 100% complete, and the SX-12 will be getting a release (the SX-11 still has a strange tendency to bug out when firing multiple 1.25 meter rounds at once, so that'll need some tweaking.).

SX-11:

http://i.imgur.com/G39QvL7.png

SX-12:

http://i.imgur.com/HZknpFM.png

DL for the SX-12 will be on my company page ASAP.

Man you and Daemon have the best looking ships

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.