MineCraft that isn't technology - centric.

Dispatcher

I've followed videos of MineCraft as played by people interested in recreating places in other games. In this case, its to be decidedly low tech and entail more exploration and looting instead of mining and crafting:

I'm sure that this will turn into a playlist that can be followed by those who are interested.

I don't get the whole minecraft thing. I bought it, started a survival save, became a billionaire with hundreds of acres of farmlands, got bored, played creative for some time, got bored, and decided not to play it anymore.

A couple of days later, I read about multiplayer, so I joined a server and got called a 'Fag' by a bunch of 10 year olds.

I don't get the whole minecraft thing. I bought it, started a survival save, became a billionaire with hundreds of acres of farmlands, got bored, played creative for some time, got bored, and decided not to play it anymore.

A couple of days later, I read about multiplayer, so I joined a server and got called a 'Fag' by a bunch of 10 year olds.

That's funny, i bought it, made a survival game, lived as a poor hillbilly in a swamp with snowgolem slaves. Later i joined a server, impressed some 15 year olds, and got admin within 2 weeks.

But then two of these 15 year olds got into a fight over money, and the server died.

One of my new favorite play styles in Minecraft is installing the Mystcraft, Lanteacraft and Electrical Age mods.

After that, I make in Creative a few random Mystcraft dimensions, and place Stargates on them, I build a "Stargate Command" on Overworld with Electrical Age technology, then I switch to Survival and explore the other worlds throught the Stargate, like they were other habitable planets. It has a risk factor, because I write down the coordinates of the Overworld Stargate only on a Book and Quill, and if I die and I lose the book, I can't return home.

Built myself a server (runs Bukkit via McMyAdmin overlay console); 3 different worlds...was originally intended to be an RPG server, but I got as far as designing the base world you start in (a desert/wasteland environment, find the Dome City to go elsewhere) then got overwhelmed by real life. Still go back to it now and then. If anyone's interested, I can post the link to it if ya wanna check it out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.