[1.0.4] BoxSat vA.02f - Updated 09/16/2015

DasPenguin85

Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which days & time are you more likely to watch a BoxSat development stream on Twitch?

• Day: Friday
    • Day: Saturday
    • Day: Sunday
    • Time: Afternoon
    • Time: Evening

If you want to play around with the nodes here is what I used.

node_stack_module1 = 0.0, 0.12, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_module2 = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_module3 = 0.0, -0.12, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_module4 = 0.0, -0.24, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_hatch = 0.0, 0.0, -0.3125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0

node_stack_back = 0.0, 0.0, 0.3125, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.3125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.3125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_left = -0.3125, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_stack_right = 0.3125, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.3125, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

I am not very familiar with programming, but I assume that we need to change the cfg file of the frame and add those lines in?

I am not very familiar with programming, but I assume that we need to change the cfg file of the frame and add those lines in?

Much thanks to DigitalProeliator for the share and for those who would like to use it but not sure on how or what to edit, I made a CFG for you, You will need ModuleManager.2.5.1 or higher most already have it and put this cfg anywhere

in KSP/GameData https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/BoxSat_Stackit.cfg.zip This will make a 2nd boxsat frame named BoxSat_Frame_Stackit so now you can have both.

EDIT- And much thanks to DasPenguin85 and orcmaul for a great mod :)

Edited by Mecripp2

Yep all you needed to do was over write the sections in the cfg file with what I posted or you can use MeCripp's modulemanager cfg file. I should have thought of doing so myself but forget not everyone is comfortable with modifying cfg files. There any rule against posting some custom welded parts? I made a goo and materials bay I wouldn't mind sharing until the official ones are released.

Work for .90?

I need this mod u.u

Is the best complement for Remote tech

Why do people ask does this and any part pack work in .90 it doesn't have a plugin so yes it works in .90 and yes there is 2 cfg for RT for you to pick from and install 1 of them sorry didn't mean to sound rude.

EDIT- LOL guess your right there hakan

Edited by Mecripp2

Guilty XDD

If the main post don't say "0.90" you need to understand if I ask about it ;)

Just FYI Alvargon sometime good thing from people get added that don't make it to the main page or in the install always good to look at a couple of pages anyways you might miss something good :wink:

Well since no one said it was against the rules Ill post the welded parts. These are just Boxsat and stock models so no textures needed. I wanted to try and keep them a little more balanced so they still have the normal weight but come in a smaller package. Kas modules are already in place. If there is any issue with them being up just let me know and Ill take them down.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/435ggi780r2ck2p/62cm_Boxsat_Goo_Module.cfg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oziqmj2fcyd7bhw/62cm_Boxsat_Mat_Module.cfg?dl=0

Edited by DigitalProeliator

Well since no one said it was against the rules Ill post the welded parts. These are just Boxsat and stock models so no textures needed. I wanted to try and keep them a little more balanced so they still have the normal weight but come in a smaller package. Kas modules are already in place. If there is any issue with them being up just let me know and Ill take them down.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/435ggi780r2ck2p/62cm_Boxsat_Goo_Module.cfg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oziqmj2fcyd7bhw/62cm_Boxsat_Mat_Module.cfg?dl=0

LOL thats to funny man thanks again for the share, I will try and post so pic's.

EDIT- BOXSAT1.pngBOXSAT2.png

EDIT- @ DigitalProeliator is that how the welding mod saves file or did you write it ?

Edited by Mecripp2

Its how the Weld mod saves and how I started off but then I learned how to make my own. Once I understood how the Model {} section works, it was much easier. If you want to experiment a tip I picked up was to make a game folder stripped down the the minimum you need for testing, and when editing save your changes, use the reload debug option from the space center, and go back into the SPH to see the changes. It saves a HUGE amount of time. These where a bit finicky because even small changes made a big difference. I have no idea why the part spins around off centered on the Goo one though... There is no real difference between it and the Mat lab.

Edited by DigitalProeliator

Whee, finished testing BoxSat in time to bring you a christmas present of 0.90 tested update and some prototype parts to play with. I think I might have gotten a bit silly at some point and spray painted the xenon tank module. They're prototypes, you know how it goes. Share and enjoy!

Edited by orcmaul
their -> they're

Just a quick test run of the new parts you forgot PROPELLANT on the LiquidFuel on the part 62cm_BoxSat_LFOEngine_PayloadModule so it's just using Oxidizer and you might want to add DrawGauge to them and not sure it was a short test but your RCS that use TeflonBar

I take it they don't run out ?

EDIT- O and forgot only get FX from the on one angle.

EDIT-Removed No big deal man this new parts are great :)

Edited by Mecripp2

Just a quick test run of the new parts you forgot PROPELLANT on the LiquidFuel on the part 62cm_BoxSat_LFOEngine_PayloadModule so it's just using Oxidizer and you might want to add DrawGauge to them

That may have happened. I spent a bunch of time getting them to go in the frame properly and get the nodes all perfect and not a ton of time using them as engines. I'll see about a patch to make the LFO not broken.

and not sure it was a short test but your RCS that use TeflonBar

I take it they don't run out ?

EDIT- O and forgot only get FX from the on one angle.

They should run out eventually. You get a fair amount of burn time from that teflon bar. Also RCS using multiple resources is bugged in stock KSP so it only kind of works properly. Experiment with it and you'll see what I mean. I think there's a couple mods that fix this that you can experiment with if the part is interesting to you. I wanted to get it out there because it amused me and no one has made anything like it. Solid fuel RCS is a cool concept.

Edited by orcmaul
fix thing with the thing

woah,this mod is really nice,it's definitely the best mod to make compact satellites...

are you planning to add bigger boxes,that could hold 6 or 8 things in it? (could allow making more compact big satellite than just sticking two actual boxes together)

could you also add scansat parts? I think it would be nice to make some small compact cartography satellites

Edited by bart74

woah,this mod is really nice,it's definitely the best mod to make compact satellites...

are you planning to add bigger boxes,that could hold 6 or 8 things in it? (could allow making more compact big satellite than just sticking two actual boxes together)

could you also add scansat parts? I think it would be nice to make some small compact cartography satellites

This is funny to me ( compact big satellite ) well stack 2 you still have as you put it compact big satellite and you have your 8 and if your using ScanSat your going to need Battery and then if you are using RT2 on top of that you might want to stack 1 more box for more Battery and room on outside for all the dishes you need.

EDIT- Really people, I stack 2 and 3 no problem your asking this guys to do alot of work for 2 slots when you can stack them and is going to be close to the same size LOL your killing me.

EDIT- LOL sorry have to say it and if you have TweakScale they added some cfg so you can have smaller or bigger compact big satellite hehe Happy Holiday to all.

Edited by Mecripp2

Check out the included readme file for instructions. Contains prototype payload frame and engine, xenon module, solid fuel/electric RCS, and blowoff hatch.

Ooh sounds interesting. Haven't got time much on the computer to check them out. Will have to see them whenever I got back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.