Commander Jebidiah

[ANSWERED]

I have a few questions for people who do videos on ksp

These are;

What recording software do you use?

Is it for Windows 7?

Is it free or cheap but good quality?

Is it easy to use?

Can you play KSP full screen while recording?

I ask this because I'm looking to get into making YouTube videos myself so any tips are greatly appreciated.

Edited by Commander Jebidiah
Answered

I have no idea. I'm computer dumb, but am also interested to know what the com. has to say about recording. Some time ago I found the thread below about this, but its like they're speaking another language.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/2dwu4r/what_is_a_good_program_to_record_what_is_on_your/

Edited by Aethon

I have a few questions for people who do videos on ksp

Step one - head over to my YouTube channel (link in sig) and check out a video or two... That way you get a gauge for quality and stuff.

These are;

What recording software do you use?

I use Bandicam.

Is it for Windows 7?

Yes. But I run it on Windows 8.1

Is it free or cheap but good quality?

You can use it for free - bit it leaves a watermark - or you can buy it for $40. If you are serious about doing good quality videos for YouTube, you will want to buy your video recording software.

Is it easy to use?

Extremely easy to use. Has lots of really good options - including leveraging your video card's hardware video encoder, if it has one.

Can you play KSP full screen while recording?

Yes, and I get no lag. Check out any of my videos in SimGamerTV - they are all recorded with Bandicam.

I used to use FRAPS, but I would get lag with that software.

I ask this because I'm looking to get into making YouTube videos myself so any tips are greatly appreciated.

If you are serious about doing YouTube you will want to buy your video recording software. You can edit them easily enough with MS Movie Maker - but if you get really serious, a video editing package will also be wanted so you can do things like picture in picture and all that.

Here are my machine stats - for reference - this computer is 2 years old, or so:

System: Intel Core-i7-3770 [email protected], 16GB RAM

Display: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 4GB

I can record anything I run at 60-FPS at 1080p-HD. Hope that helps!

NVidia ShadowPlay. Works great for me but you need a fairly new NVidia graphics card for it. So, you're pretty limited in hardware choices, but if you've already got it then it's nice, at least as a backup option.

NVidia ShadowPlay. Works great for me but you need a fairly new NVidia graphics card for it. So, you're pretty limited in hardware choices, but if you've already got it then it's nice, at least as a backup option.

If you have it available, DEFINITELY this. I tried before FRAPS and other stuff but shadowplay is simply better. I tried it on very resource intensive games and frankly I couldn't even see a drop in fps.

Open Broadcaster Software. https://obsproject.com/

Free, open source, multi-platform, high def recording and streaming. Did I mention free? Works great, play as you normally would, but you may have to adjust a setting or two to get the desired recording quality. Just ask me if you need help.

Exactly what I was going to say if I didn't find that someone else said it~

It seems that more people are advocating OBS, id suggest you give it a try OP! =)

Edited by Rainbowtrout
Snipped reply to removed content.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.