Engine shroud problem

Hey,

I noticed recently that the circular engine covers that automatically appear when a decoupler is added under it, are now appearing whenever I create a stock engine. I think the problem might be originating with the mods that I have installed recently.

Here is a list of the mods I have:

Active Texture Management

Chatterer

CoolRockets

CrewXfer

DistantObject

Environmental Visual Enhancements

Klockheed_Martian_CoolRockets

KSPRC

KW Rocketry

MP_Nazari

NavBallTextureExport

RealSolarSystem

SoundtrackEditor

TextureReplacer

Here's a few screenshots to show you what I am talking about.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

HI , i thought the shrouds where a stock item, in that most stock engines have them, just checked the standard squad configs and yes they do have built in detachable shrouds, so it's a feature not a bug, though somebody not so long ago mad a MM cfg that removed them or turned them off but i really can't remember who or when...

HI , i thought the shrouds where a stock item, in that most stock engines have them, just checked the standard squad configs and yes they do have built in detachable shrouds, so it's a feature not a bug, though somebody not so long ago mad a MM cfg that removed them or turned them off but i really can't remember who or when...

Hi SpannerMonkey,

I knew that the stock engine shrouds come with the game, but my problem is coming from the fact that even if I do not have anything attached under the engine, the shroud still appears. Notice in the screenshots, that the shroud is persistently attached to the engine, no matter the configuration.

Just to clarify, I WANT the shroud when I have a decoupler or other part attached under the engine. I DO NOT want the shroud when the engine is burning, or if it is the primary engine (the one that would burn. At the bottom of the spacecraft).

Thanks!

@SpannerMonkey

You're right that the shrouds are stock (they're a hidden piece of engine models), but the pictured shrouds are showing up even when not attached to anything else.

@Eric Fox

Please see the How to Get Support stickied thread, especially the part about narrowing down which mod causes the problem. From experience, it's probably in KSPRC or one of its dependencies.

Edited by Master Tao

Orbitus,

Yes, the fact that the shroud persistently shows up no matter the configuration is the problem. I thought KW might be a problem, but I wasn't sure. Thank you.

Master Tao,

I'll try to uninstall KW and see what happens. Thanks.