[0.25] PartArranger 1.2 - Arrange your part list however you want!

tony311

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that when I load an editor, it isn't until I select a part of change to another parts tab that this plugin kicks in. So initially, I'm looking at my command parts list in their native order. It's not a huge problem, but if you're still working on this, maybe something to look into?

I've noticed that when I load an editor, it isn't until I select a part of change to another parts tab that this plugin kicks in. So initially, I'm looking at my command parts list in their native order. It's not a huge problem, but if you're still working on this, maybe something to look into?

What plugins do you have installed?

Maybe this is something I should put in the add-on request forum, but I figure it doesn't hurt to throw it out here as well. What about adding additional categories or subcategories to the part lists? As we all know the utilities tab is quite crowded even without any mods. What about the creation of sub-tabs for utilities as an example? Perhaps when one clicks on the utilities tabs it brings up a set of player created sub-tabs in which parts have been placed. Is something like that possible?

Maybe this is something I should put in the add-on request forum, but I figure it doesn't hurt to throw it out here as well. What about adding additional categories or subcategories to the part lists? As we all know the utilities tab is quite crowded even without any mods. What about the creation of sub-tabs for utilities as an example? Perhaps when one clicks on the utilities tabs it brings up a set of player created sub-tabs in which parts have been placed. Is something like that possible?

I don't know of any easy way to accomplish that, and there are other mods that let you do something like that (like PartCatalog and SimplePartOrganizer), to an extent. They let you filter the current category, like only show engines or only show fuel tanks, but they don't seem to let you create a new tab along the top to put any parts into (like a tab that has the command seat, Mainsail engine, and a ladder). I assume this is a limitation of the API rather than a shortcoming with the mods.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the idea of this mod, and I would love to use it to manage all the zillions of parts that I have. However, manually re-arranging the parts is a very daunting task.

I would be a lot nicer if you could organize parts as you unlock them. Basically, if a part is locked, it shouldn't show up in the Part Arranger's list.

This way, you can organize a handful of parts whenever you research a new tech, making the entire task a lot more manageable.

Would this be possible?

I love the idea of this mod, and I would love to use it to manage all the zillions of parts that I have. However, manually re-arranging the parts is a very daunting task.

I would be a lot nicer if you could organize parts as you unlock them. Basically, if a part is locked, it shouldn't show up in the Part Arranger's list.

This way, you can organize a handful of parts whenever you research a new tech, making the entire task a lot more manageable.

Would this be possible?

I looked around but I can't seem to find any way to tell if a given part is unlocked yet :(

But if I do find a way I'll add that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, looks like some changes to the editor in .90 broke the plugin. I can't figure out how to work around the changes at the moment, but I may figure something out down the road.

For the technically-minded: there's two problems right now.

One, EditorPartList.Instance.categorySelected no longer exists, so I don't know how to retrieve or change the currently selected editor part category. EditorPartList.Instance.SelectTab() and .ForceSelectTab() look promising, but neither seem to do anything.

The second problem is that the editor seems to be ignoring any changes to PartLoader.LoadedPartsList, or EditorPartList.Instance.Refresh() isn't doing anything. Either way, the part list never actually changes after the plugin sorts it.

If anyone has any details on either of those issues, please share!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.