[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

The Engine Igniter page doesn't seem to work right. It works just fine in the stock cockpits which use the default RPM, but not in B9. This isn't a new problem, it happened in the previous version of B9 also.

Looking at the B9_MFD.cfg file, it seems that:

To fix the text, this line needs to be deleted: "textOverlay = B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_MFD/pages/overlayUtilities.txt"

To fix the redirect on the second button on the bottom this line needs to be deleted: "redirect = btn2, smartass"

The bottom labeled buttons don't do anything. This part needs to be changed, but I don't know to what.

button6 = 9

button7 = 10

button8 = 11

button9 = 12

button10 = 13

Any ideas?

Also, I think some pages have weird button functions such as:

- the menuflight page uses the bottom right buttons, unlabeled. Maybe you should delete these lines:

redirect = btn6, ADIpg

redirect = btn7, pluginScanSAT

- in the syntneticvision (ADI) pages, you have again one unlabeled button that switches the adi pages, as well as the up and down arrows:

redirect = btn6, ADIpg

redirect = btn9, syntneticvisionL

redirect = btn10, ADIpg

Also(almost forgot), I was hoping to get a full bridge part for the HX parts. But in the meantime, can you please just add an attachment node to the front of the fake bridge?

Edited by karamazovnew

I'm having an issue installing B9 in .90 Mac version. I'm using a clean install, with nothing but B9, and ATM so far. The game stops loading at HL_AERO_COCKPIT. Also the debug log is saying, "[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" I've seen this error in older posts for different versions, but never a clear fix. Does anyone have any ideas on this one? This is the 4th clean install I've tried to get this to work on with .90. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Could someone explain me what are all the other mod folders for (besides the B9 Aerospace folder), also, I suppose I should not move the "B9_Aerospace_DEPRECATED" to my GameData folder, right?

By "all the other mod folders" I mean the Firespitter; JSI; Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal, etc., Can I overwrite it if I do download the actual mod files? Because I can see they aren't the entire mod, Firespitter for example has only a plugin file inside.

Oh, and for installing mods like Hot_Rockets, by "Install before B9" you mean moving Hot_Rockets files first and then B9 to Gamedata folder? I can't see what difference that will do.

All those folders provide various special functionality (like engine gimbaling, context menu tank switching or IVA MFD displays) that's not available in stock and should not be removed. You can overwrite them, though - just make sure that you're not overwriting those folders with an older version, which can break functionality on B9 parts (easy to do by installing Firespitter mod released in September over the latest version of B9, for example - the DLL from the former is wrong and will break all switchable parts in B9, so it should not be replaced with one from such an old version).

@bac9:

Sorry wasn't in earlier, I leave my IRC client + PC on 24/7 nothing much to report, working on getting my setup working again post HDD calamity.

@karamazovnew:

Heh, I actually forgot to try the engine igniter integration, oops.

I'd like the buttons on the bottom to control it but I can't actually figure out how to map those buttons to plugin functions, I'll have to read up on that, I'd like to label the buttons on the sides instead but the plugin text goes edge to edge so I can't do that either. If I can't figure out the bottom buttons mapping I'll label the side buttons in the Utilities menu (screen you go to before the engine igniter one) like I have with the cameras.

I've come up with a pretty wonky fix for now:

PAGE
{
name = pluginEngineIgnitor
text = Engine Ignitor plugin not installed
textureInterlayURL = B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_MFD/images/bg03
//textOverlay = B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_MFD/pages/menuOverlay.txt
disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home
localMargins = 0,1,0,0
PAGEHANDLER
{
name = EngineIgnitorRPM
method = ShowMenu
pageActiveMethod = PageActive
buttonClickMethod = ClickProcessor
buttonUp = 0
buttonDown = 1
buttonEnter = 2
//buttonEsc = 3
//buttonHome = 4
button6 = 5
button7 = 6
button8 = 7
button9 = 3
button10 = 4
}
}

That works but none of it is labeled correctly, here is how it works:

up, down, enter works as you'd expect

back = unselect

home = information

left = off

right = on

next = toggle

All those other pages/buttons you mention are intentional, allows you to go between the 3 versions of the APFD either by hitting the bottom button again or using next/prev.

Edited by K3|Chris

Bac9: blame squad

Squad: Blame unity.

Me: i blame the person who has the programing skills to get rid of this games horrible ram restrictions for good but doesnt show up at quad job application office.

A lot of non technical people like me learned a great deal about ram and ram space management and file system of mods while we tried to get everything to work. we got that going for us which is nice

Edited by TheReaper

I'm having an issue installing B9 in .90 Mac version. I'm using a clean install, with nothing but B9, and ATM so far. The game stops loading at HL_AERO_COCKPIT. Also the debug log is saying, "[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" I've seen this error in older posts for different versions, but never a clear fix. Does anyone have any ideas on this one? This is the 4th clean install I've tried to get this to work on with .90. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Same thing here on my mac, the game crashes to desktop after the loading screen.

I noticed that its too many folders to extract.

Edited by vinny

well im going to ask dumb question. I read the read me file, and it stated we could not make sub folders. So is there no way to make a Folder in gamedata with all the B9 contents in it? Just trying to clean up the gamedata folder bc this mod leaves a mess. I dont mean that in a bad way.

well im going to ask dumb question. I read the read me file, and it stated we could not make sub folders. So is there no way to make a Folder in gamedata with all the B9 contents in it? Just trying to clean up the gamedata folder bc this mod leaves a mess. I dont mean that in a bad way.

This mod expects all of its components to be placed as is into the Game Data folder, in order to not break the pathing. Idk if you can repath it so that you can put them all in a folder, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I'd like the buttons on the bottom to control it but I can't actually figure out how to map those buttons to plugin functions, I'll have to read up on that, I'd like to label the buttons on the sides instead but the plugin text goes edge to edge so I can't do that either. If I can't figure out the bottom buttons mapping I'll label the side buttons in the Utilities menu (screen you go to before the engine igniter one) like I have with the cameras.

I've got it! Chris, you surely know most of the info below, you only need to read the last part, but I'll leave this here for people who might find it useful in their work.

Basically it's like this: all buttons are identical, there is no restriction of what you can do with any button, but you need to follow these rules:

- the layout: not sure about the exact details, but in B9 the top buttons are called "button_A" to "button_F", the bottom buttons are called "buttonR1" to "buttonR7", the Next and Prev buttons are buttonR9 and buttonR10, and I think you can figure out the rest because they are named.

- you can call up a page with a button:

PAGE

{

button = buttonR1 (or whatever)

name = mywhateverPage

That page will be available from ALL pages, UNLESS you do 2 things: have a "disableSwitchingTo=mywhateverPage", or "redirect = mywhateverPage, iLikeThisPageMore". The first method simply makes the button ignore the calling of that page completely, the second redirects it to another page(and also overrides anything in the disableSwitchingTo list).

- you can call up pages which will be available just from other pages (nesting), by using the trick B9 uses: you make a fake page for a button that you will then redirect when needed to whatever you want. In fact, this allows you to rename the buttons in the code. For example:

PAGE

{

button = buttonR1

name = MyGloriousNEWBottomLeftMostButtonXOXOXO

etc....

}

And then, in your WhateverNormalPage

CONTEXTREDIRECT

{

redirect = MyGloriousNEWBottomLeftMostButtonXOXOXO, MyAwesomeNewPage

-but what if you want to do something else, not just call up a new page (aka mods like Engine Igniter)? Well, first you have to block it from calling any page that it normally calls. Since we were careful to only call up the MyGloriousNEWBottomLeftMostButtonXOXOXO with the buttonR1, we just disableSwitchingTo=MyGloriousNEWBottomLeftMostButtonXOXOXO.

Now the buttonR1 is free for other uses.

Well, first you have to set it as a global button in the Rasterpropmonitor Module, at the start of the file. In B9, it's "globalButtons = button_UP,button_DOWN, button_ENTER, button_ESC,button_HOME, button_RIGHT, button_LEFT,buttonR9,buttonR10". We will just add buttonR1 to the list for now.

This list is actually an index, that starts at 0.

Normally, a function is called like this by a mod:

mymodsFunction=myButtonPositionInTheGlobalList

So, for example, EngineIgnitor looks for a "button8 = 7" line. Here, button8 is just the name (in the mod) of the Toggle button. But the button you actually CLICK will be that 7. What is that 7? It's the seventh button name in the globalButtons list. So, counting from 0 (button_UP), the seventh will be "buttonR9", which, as I've said previously, is the Next button in B9. To assign it to buttonR1, we have added it to the globalButtons list, at the end, so it will have an index of 8. Thus, "button8 = 8" will assign it correctly. Rinse and repeat for the other buttons.

I hope that pretty much explains how to use all buttons. a quick fix for the Engine Igniter problem is:

globalButtons = button_UP,button_DOWN,button_ENTER,button_ESC,button_HOME,button_RIGHT,button_LEFT,buttonR9,buttonR10,buttonR1,buttonR2,buttonR3,buttonR4,buttonR5

and down in the EngineIgniter page,

button6 = 9

button7 = 10

button8 = 11

button9 = 12

button10 = 13

Cheers

Edited by karamazovnew

Thank you :D. Btw, the "DEPRECATED" folder, I'm not supposed to move it, am I? Because on the installation instructions it basically tells me to move "ALL FOLDERS" from this mod to my ksp gamedata folder.

Edited by Arch3rAc3
Sentence correction

Thank you :D. Btw, the "DEPRECATED" folder, I'm not supposed to move it, am I? Because on the installation instructions it basically tells me to move "ALL FOLDERS" from this mod to my ksp gamedata folder.

You only need to worry about the depreciated folder if you have old (pre-5.0) craft files that you want to keep. Otherwise just ignore it.

I'm having an error where some of my radially attached parts just drop off of my new spacecraft. Any inkling as to what it might be? I have no clue really.

Also, certain parts appear to be physicsless when they should have physics.

Someone help me, I've tried almost everything. Still no results.

I am getting a crazy glitch here. Everything works fine until I install B9, then suddenly I have no Kerbal cams on the lower right, no IVA (not even a black screen), no stage que, and no ability to revert to hangar or launch. Also, in the middle of the SPH, there is the interior of one of the crew modules.

Any ideas? I have tried re-installing three times.

SPH glitch

Cam/stage glitch

Mod Files

Thanks!

I have deleted all local content and re-installed KSP 3 times now and the new .90 B9 pack as well. I am having no luck with the HX parts series. I am having the same problem as Paul Nixon up there in #1812. My HX series parts just seem to fall through other parts regardless of how many strut connectors I attach etc., Sometimes they just fly apart on the launchpad before I get a chance to even power up my craft at both the VAB and SPH. The HX series of parts looks really awesome and adds alot of possibility to the game. I notice that there are no really stock doors on the HX parts but I've made some really cool doors/ramps/hatches etc,. utilizing Kerbal Attachment system and Infernal Robotics parts. I realize there is a runway weight limit and I haven't exceeded that yet and only do I break the launchpad when these super heavy parts fall off my craft. Is there anyway to make the HX super large parts more rigid or stronger when they attach to each other?

if anyone having issue with no right click of the cockpits in the hangers just delte the mm entries for the cockpits in the mft-rf.cfg and u can right click again. the cockpit entry in it cause a conflict with tac adding ls to cockpits on its own is why

Release 5.2.8

zqw5lt0.pngr5ws7xH.png

• Fixed gimbal configs for all parts

• Removed erroneously included incomplete S3_V2

P.S.: Make sure you DO NOT have a GameData/B9_Aerospace_DEPRECATED folder installed.

Remove it if it's there, it should not be used.

Release 5.2.8

http://i.imgur.com/zqw5lt0.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/r5ws7xH.png

P.S.: Make sure you DO NOT have a GameData/B9_Aerospace_DEPRECATED folder installed.

bac9, I posted this in the DDS4KSP thread, but it occurs to me that that's not a thread you'll probably check often, so RE: various .png files not converting to DDS, here's what I've found:

I had luck by converting the B9 textures either to:

- NOT grayscale -> convert them to 8-bit color instead (I used Photoshop)

- NOT palettized (same)

- Simply opening in photoshop and re-saving/overwriting: they were in a specific PNG format that DDS4KSP apparently can't read. Whereas, I guess, Photoshop's standard .png output is readable...

I had luck by converting the B9 textures either to:

- NOT grayscale -> convert them to 8-bit color instead (I used Photoshop)

- NOT palettized (same)

- Simply opening in photoshop and re-saving/overwriting: they were in a specific PNG format that DDS4KSP apparently can't read. Whereas, I guess, Photoshop's standard .png output is readable...

I have no problem converting DDS files individually but I don't have the time to do that at the moment, which postpones move to DDS unless I can get batching to work. I'm also not using PNG files (I have TGA set from 5.2.2 lying around) to avoid widespread issues with alpha reading and unfortunately it has not helped.

So yeah, for the meantime I'd recommend just using ATM and waiting half an hour for it to do it's thing.

i had no problem either converting over using the dds converter tool. btw bac9 on the mft-rf.cfg did u know that it can cause conflict on the cockpits with the tac ls .cfg causing not able to right click on the command modules in the command modules. its oly the tac stuff in the mft-rf.cfg that causes the problem. it just seems like that part of the .cfg is conflicting iwth the general entry tac uses for all command modules. removing the cockpits and they work fine again.

I have no problem converting DDS files individually but I don't have the time to do that at the moment, which postpones move to DDS unless I can get batching to work. I'm also not using PNG files (I have TGA set from 5.2.2 lying around) to avoid widespread issues with alpha reading and unfortunately it has not helped.

So yeah, for the meantime I'd recommend just using ATM and waiting half an hour for it to do it's thing.

Dunno about the TGAs, but for the PNGs that are actually included in the various downloadable versions, you can follow those steps (save PNG over PNG or change bit depth or whatever) and it will then batch successfully with DDS4KSP (mostly)

Release 5.2.8

Thanks for release!

Uhm. I have a question: did you use gitserver other than bitbucket for your releases?

It's just last commit in master was 04.10.2014. Yesterday I installed B9 from current live branch and now wonder what would be better to use: B9 from live or new 5.2.8?