[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Well, I managed to get it to the point where the game doesn't lock up on the loading screen when including the B9 parts, so that's something. Still not showing up on the VAB parts list, unfortunately, so something's being f**ky in spite of my efforts. I suspect it's something very subtle in the png-to-dds conversion.

Now that's very, very strange. I have a regular windows 1.0.2 version, with a bunch of mods like Modulemanager, Near Future Pack etc, and pretty much all it took for 0.90 B9 to work like it should, not "at all", was changing node directions... I mean, drone cores still lack the new SAS functions, aerodynamics is wonky, but tank setting switching, lights, structural pieces, generators etc. still work like they should. I haven't checked the engines yet, but I think the basic ones shouldn't be that hard to fix, apart from atmospheric ones. Some more exotic parts, like VTOLs or airbrakes may still be broken(haven't checked), but it's not that bad ATM.

BTW, has anyone taken up editing all of this semi-officially, or not? Want some help with cfgs?

Does anyone know if the cockpits and such of this mod are still usable with KSP vs 1.0.2? I'm guessing the attachment nodes would probably need to be mucked with a bit to get them to work correctly, but I cant see them really having any other issues. I'd thought I'd ask anyway before installing in case there is something big wrong with them.

I've gotten really into making atmo-only planes lately, and REALLY like some of the cockpits this mod has, as well as some of the turbine type engines and would love to use them. Thanks! ^-^

They are usable(at least for my install... don't know if it is affected by some other mods I have), but attach nodes and ASAS functionality needs tweaking in cfgs.

Now that's very, very strange. I have a regular windows 1.0.2 version, with a bunch of mods like Modulemanager, Near Future Pack etc, and pretty much all it took for 0.90 B9 to work like it should, not "at all", was changing node directions... I mean, drone cores still lack the new SAS functions, aerodynamics is wonky, but tank setting switching, lights, structural pieces, generators etc. still work like they should. I haven't checked the engines yet, but I think the basic ones shouldn't be that hard to fix, apart from atmospheric ones. Some more exotic parts, like VTOLs or airbrakes may still be broken(haven't checked), but it's not that bad ATM.

BTW, has anyone taken up editing all of this semi-officially, or not? Want some help with cfgs?

I'm into it, have done the config spamming for bottom nodes to -1.0 for all parts, am now playing around with aero and once I bumble through that it's going to be the engines. Hopefully I can post my progress tomorrow

I'm into it, have done the config spamming for bottom nodes to -1.0 for all parts, am now playing around with aero and once I bumble through that it's going to be the engines. Hopefully I can post my progress tomorrow

You are truly a saint!

If we're crowdsourcing a maintenance port, would it be possible to do it in a publicly accessible manner like a git repository?

So now ive forced myself into githubbing, have i? Ok, but apart from being able to click a download from there, it all seems terribly complicated :) despite the smiley, im serious, i hav little clue as to the workings of github

- - - Updated - - -

You are truly a saint!

Cheers but i havent won yet. For the b9 cargo bays to work properly with aero i have to do some rummaging through modding threads and maybe even annoy some modders with my ignorant questions.

Anyways, me thinks blowfish is right, this deserbes a public port on github. Will have to learn about that now, i guess

Edited by sumghai
Fixed broken quote

If we're crowdsourcing a maintenance port, would it be possible to do it in a publicly accessible manner like a git repository?

I can't imagine why not. If someone sets up a repo for it, I'd bet we could have all the configs updated pretty quickly. That would leave the Virgin Kalactic and Kinetech plugins, are they necessary? I don't know what they provide.

They are usable(at least for my install... don't know if it is affected by some other mods I have), but attach nodes and ASAS functionality needs tweaking in cfgs.

Alright, awesome, thank you! I'll probably wait still because I have NO idea how to mess with cfg files >.< I have a strict rule not to mess with stuff I dont understand when it comes to modding XD

But thanks for the reply anyway, much appreciated! ^-^

So now ive forced myself into githubbing, have i? Ok, but apart from being able to click a download from there, it all seems terribly complicated :) despite the smiley, im serious, i hav little clue as to the workings of github

Github functionality can seem overwhelming but there is plenty of documentation about and there are some gui progs to cover cli if you are allergic.

Cheers but i havent won yet. For the b9 cargo bays to work properly with aero i have to do some rummaging through modding threads and maybe even annoy some modders with my ignorant questions.

Anyways, me thinks blowfish is right, this deserbes a public port on github. Will have to learn about that now, i guess

You don't really have to do that at all. B9 lists FAR as a requirement for the mod to work and I doubt Bac9 is going to change his stance when it comes to that. With NuFAR everything would work by default because it takes care of all the necessary work. If something is shielded from the air stream it is shielded from the air stream, no need for config edits of any kind on that front.

The main reason that stock aero wasn't supported in the previous version was that no one on the team wanted to take the time to balance the parts for it. It still worked but no guarantees were made.

You don't really have to do that at all. B9 lists FAR as a requirement for the mod to work and I doubt Bac9 is going to change his stance when it comes to that. With NuFAR everything would work by default because it takes care of all the necessary work. If something is shielded from the air stream it is shielded from the air stream, no need for config edits of any kind on that front.

i see. then i'm halfway there. :) this is the problem when you are completely ignorant to modding and try things yourself. so what is left? i don't even know. should i compare Squad part config files to B9's, would that help? think i might have bitten off more than i can chew. anyways, once i get back from work i'll at least upload the node changes

I, uh, kinda deleted a bunch of the dependency folders included in the B9 archive, so that might be it. I was careful not to delete anything that had something to do with simple junk like lights and rcs blocks, but evidently I wasn't careful enough.

just tested the config changes i made and jeeeez, it's a jungle out there.

had to carpal tunnel my way through a shload of config files because i don't know how to run a simple script. :) anyhoo, currently due to my changes the HX structural bits only attach one way and not with their other attachment nodes - i don't know what to do with these.

here's the deal guys, i have plenty of time to do the bi*ch work and put in some elbow grease but i'm an automotive photographer, not a coder, and anything to do with computer stuff is like MUMBO JUMBO to me. Just like high end car photography would be to most other people, SO, if anyone can give me some hints on what to change then I'll go away and do the "heavy lifting", so to speak and come back with the changes.

HX's from 5.2.8 new download seem to work after changing the signs on 5th node coordinate so that ALL top_(something) nodes are 1; and ALL bottom_(sth) are -1. After you change these values, they connect neatly between each other and other parts.

BTW, is there a way to easily share the updated .cfgs? I have the HX series done so far, there is no point in everyone changing everything for themselves.

Edited by M4ck

HX's from 5.2.8 new download seem to work after changing the signs on 5th node coordinate so that ALL top_(something) nodes are 1; and ALL bottom_(sth) are -1. After you change these values, they connect neatly between each other and other parts.

BTW, is there a way to easily share the updated .cfgs? I have the HX series done so far, there is no point in everyone changing everything for themselves.

Dropbox

- - - Updated - - -

It's quite part heavy, so I think many people would object to it. But it adds a LOT of variety to larger crafts and planes.

Well there are various ways you could make B9 not so RAM heavy and reduce the part list. Before I knew bac9 was MIA I was hoping for procedural parts doing that you could cut the RAM requirements by 3/5th at least.

As you wouldn't have to have models for each of the different sized cargo bays, wings, fuselages etc.

Dw I don't expect a maintenance port of B9 to overhaul B9 Aerospace to that degree but it would have been nice, but B9 doesn't really fit the cartoonish athletic of KSP so it will never happen anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Just make NuFAR and Deadly re-entry a pre-requisite people will be better off for it anyways. XD

Edited by etheoma

Hello to all.

I have been trying to get the CF34 turbofan working again, and it's mounting points, the strakes. How do i fix / change the attachment node for the cf34, as it does not have a bottom_node????

if anyone has some ideas, I would appreciate them...

thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Hello to all.

I have been trying to get the CF34 turbofan working again, and it's mounting points, the strakes. How do i fix / change the attachment node for the cf34, as it does not have a bottom_node????

if anyone has some ideas, I would appreciate them...

thanks in advance.

Cheers.

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, -0.639, 0.0, 0.0, [b]1.0[/b], 1