[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

I updated to 1.7.2, still have problems with gigantor XL. It cause blackscreen on everything, with "look rotation viewing vector is zero" error being thrown all over the log .Wonder what is wrong with my install.

Since no one else seems to be having the issue, try walking down the painful but proven add-one-mod-at-a-time path to see what causes it specifically.

I updated to 1.7.2, still have problems with gigantor XL. It cause blackscreen on everything, with "look rotation viewing vector is zero" error being thrown all over the log .Wonder what is wrong with my install.

So I narrowed it down to Texture replacer 2.2.5

For some reason I can't comprehend, texture replacer cause some weird problems with the gigantor XL from this mod. Gonna test with other versions.

Edit: Earlier versions of Texture replacer doesn't work either.

Edited by RainDreamer

I came here to say the same thing. I am trying to mate a sr port and a shielded port. I tried with two different ports. They just sit there "kissing" each other but they don't connect (like the docking scene in Insterstellar). The magnetism kicks in but the ports don't connect. The sr. port has the handles and lights on the outside and the shielded port's shield is open and facing out.

Any ideas on what could cause this?

Its being caused because the collider that would normally extend with the port isn't where it should be (basically it's absent), which causes docking attempts to bounce until it reaches the right point in space.

Hey, so I just noticed this bug, actually noticed it before with the Skipper B, but now also with the LV-909B. I don't use those engines, but I thought I'd share this peculiar bug.

It looks like you have multiple cfgs interfering with each folder. Try deleting the entire Revamp folder then install the latest version, that should fix your problem.

It looks like you have multiple cfgs interfering with each folder. Try deleting the entire Revamp folder then install the latest version, that should fix your problem.

I have the same problem: all of my engines have fairings on them without being attached at the bottom. the only difference is that my install is fresh.

So I narrowed it down to Texture replacer 2.2.5

For some reason I can't comprehend, texture replacer cause some weird problems with the gigantor XL from this mod. Gonna test with other versions.

Edit: Earlier versions of Texture replacer doesn't work either.

It's because 1.7.2 re-enabled the texture replacer config included in the part revamp, this applies the TRReflections module to various parts making them have pretty cool reflections. It isn't a problem with TR, if you go in and remove the TR config from the part revamp folder you shouldn't have any more issues. If you still want to keep the reflections on the other parts then just go into the cfg and delete the section targeting the largeSolarPanel and that should fix it as well.

It is interesting that it is only causing problems with that one solar panel though, are you getting any kind of performance hit using any of the other parts, are you seeing reflections on other parts?

It is interesting that it is only causing problems with that one solar panel though, are you getting any kind of performance hit using any of the other parts, are you seeing reflections on other parts?

Yeah, I see reflection on other things, like the windows on the lab. And I haven't noticed any performance hit otherwise on parts modified by this mod. I commented out the largeSolarpanel and it works fine now. Thanks!

Yeah, I see reflection on other things, like the windows on the lab. And I haven't noticed any performance hit otherwise on parts modified by this mod. I commented out the largeSolarpanel and it works fine now. Thanks!

Glad that worked, weird that you are only having issues with that one part though. I thought it might be a performance related problem, like your machine isn't powerful enough to run the reflections or something and that solar panel is just so big it was freaking your system out lol, but that would mean you should also see a performance hit on the other parts as well. If it was an issue with like the transform names or something in the config then other people should be having the issue as well.

weird lol

Glad that worked, weird that you are only having issues with that one part though. I thought it might be a performance related problem, like your machine isn't powerful enough to run the reflections or something and that solar panel is just so big it was freaking your system out lol, but that would mean you should also see a performance hit on the other parts as well. If it was an issue with like the transform names or something in the config then other people should be having the issue as well.

weird lol

I have no idea myself. And it actually works with Texture Replacer v 2.2.3 though. The TR dev said it is probably due to a method of mesh hiding while reflections are rendered from 2.2.4 that fix the unclickable airlocks. I guess I will deal with less shiny solar panels over unclickable airlocks.

Wonder if running in open GL was the cause?

Greetings,

First, let me say a BIG THANK YOU Ven for this mods. Really rocks. I cannot believe that I play KSP so long without it.

After making a new install of KSP, and installing all my usual mods like I do, now I have a small graphics glitch that never happen before.

The red arrows on the decouplers do not show up. They do not show up on the part selection menu, on the research, in the part assembled in the VAB or in flight. It is not a big deal to be honest, cause after playing for so long I know where they are pointing, but it is kinda annoying.

I already deleted your mod, and copied it again but no luck.

Also, I was getting a graphical problem due to texture replacer, and I cannot figure whats going on since I always use it for the reflections and the suits. Now, I think there might be some conflict. I could not click the recover button cause the dropdown menu was glitching and when I tried to go to the KSC and try to recover on tracking station the ship were gone the kerbal died. I removed texture replacer and it stop but I think I might have something to do with the way I installed the mods.

Any thoughts how to get that red arrow on the decouplers?

Thank you.

Keep up the good work!

p.s.

oh before I noticed the mk-1 pod were sitting perfectly on the tanks, but now I can see that small curve between the pod the tanks again. Did the mod changed or did I mess something? How to find out?

Greetings,

First, let me say a BIG THANK YOU Ven for this mods. Really rocks. I cannot believe that I play KSP so long without it.

After making a new install of KSP, and installing all my usual mods like I do, now I have a small graphics glitch that never happen before.

The red arrows on the decouplers do not show up. They do not show up on the part selection menu, on the research, in the part assembled in the VAB or in flight. It is not a big deal to be honest, cause after playing for so long I know where they are pointing, but it is kinda annoying.

Also, I was getting a graphical problem due to texture replacer, and I cannot figure whats going on since I always use it for the reflections and the suits. Now, I think there might be some conflict. I could not click the recover button cause the dropdown menu was glitching and when I tried to go to the KSC and try to recover on tracking station the ship were gone the kerbal died. I removed texture replacer and it stop but I think I might have something to do with the way I installed the mods.

Thank you.

Keep up the good work!

p.s.

oh before I noticed the mk-1 pod were sitting perfectly on the tanks, but now I can see that small curve between the pod the tanks again. Did the mod changed or did I mess something? How to find out?

Regarding conflicts with TR, this mod does come with a config in it that is supposed to add the TRreflection module to various parts, removing the config should solve any issues you are having and still allow you to have all the nice suits and such that TR also brings you.

One thing you might want to check is to make sure you don't have any other configs that are trying to add reflections to stock parts. If you do try removing those and keeping the stock revamp TR config and see if you still run into problems.

So, I've been working on a little something.

Criticism is welcomed :)

http://imgur.com/a/k3W4D

Release when?

- - - Updated - - -

Greetings,

Thank you.

Keep up the good work!

p.s.

The arrows were removed in favor of red stripes. And yes, this was a pretty bad change in my opinion. And yes, the mod is still very much worth it.

The capsule's heatshieled fairing was removed due to a bug with Ferram Aerospace Research. You use the offset gizmo to put the fuel tanks "inside" the heatshield.

The arrows were removed in favor of red stripes. And yes, this was a pretty bad change in my opinion. And yes, the mod is still very much worth it.

The capsule's heatshieled fairing was removed due to a bug with Ferram Aerospace Research. You use the offset gizmo to put the fuel tanks "inside" the heatshield.

Well I do not see any red stripes, just the normal stock stripes.

About the capsule, that explains it. It's cool by me even if I do not use FAR.

Ty.

Well I do not see any red stripes, just the normal stock stripes.

About the capsule, that explains it. It's cool by me even if I do not use FAR.

Ty.

Look VERY closely on the top of the 1.25m decoupler (The smaller one on the top of the pic). NOT The Rockomax ones.

SiUmj9M.png

Edited by GregroxMun

Awesome mod, this should be stock :)

The only problem are the Texture Replacer conflicts, but just delete the config and they are gone!

I'm upgrading to the new version, i have a massive ammount of vessels with solar panels:

Is closing solar panels required when installing even if you had it installed before?

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, any Unpruner for 1.6 :P

EDIT: Nevermind

Edited by tajampi

Awesome mod, this should be stock :)

The only problem are the Texture Replacer conflicts, but just delete the config and they are gone!

I'm upgrading to the new version, i have a massive ammount of vessels with solar panels:

Is closing solar panels required when installing even if you had it installed before?

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, any Unpruner for 1.6 :P

EDIT: Nevermind

Just make sure that you close your solar panels when you: Install this mod (Stock > Stock Revamp) and when you uninstall (Stock Revamp > Stock). You don't need to close your solar panels between versions.

I hate to quote myself, but Ven, are you aware of this issue? It seems to still exist.

I think I found a bug with

the inline docking port. If I use the inline docking port and attach any other docking port of the same size (which is open if it has a shutter) anywhere on the vessel, I get spams of null ref errors at launch. I did a little digging and I think its due to the fact that the inline docking port is missing the node transform with the name "dockingNode". I also noticed that if only the inline docking port is attached to a vessel and another docking port of the same size comes within around 200m of the inline port, the null ref errors start. If the stock inline docking port is used, the above does not happen.

The easiest way to recreate this issue is to build a vessel like the one in the screen shot and launch it.

This is an amazing addition to KSP and wish many of these parts were stock! Ven, any chance that this could be fixed? Cheers!

http://i.imgur.com/qKOKeUs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/g112oE1.jpg

Edit:

I found this thread dealing with the issue:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/48668-Docking-ring

Look VERY closely on the top of the 1.25m decoupler (The smaller one on the top of the pic). NOT The Rockomax ones.

Ok.

Stripes and lines are different. :P

Ok, I got the red line on the top. I guess that's to say which side is the top. To be honest, I prefer the red arrows telling me "this krap above will get kick out!" ;)

Is it possible to revert only this to stock? I don't know "krap" (trying to talk like kerbals lol) bout config files and so on. I just use the mods.

Thank you.

Ok.

Stripes and lines are different. :P

Ok, I got the red line on the top. I guess that's to say which side is the top. To be honest, I prefer the red arrows telling me "this krap above will get kick out!" ;)

Is it possible to revert only this to stock? I don't know "krap" (trying to talk like kerbals lol) bout config files and so on. I just use the mods.

Thank you.

You could:

a) Kindly ask Ven to add back the stripe.

B) Edit the Module Manager file, comment out the decoupler in question. (Put "//" in front of the entry for the decoupler)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.