[1.12.x] Karbonite/Karbonite Plus (K+)

RoverDude

The superb quality of these tiny pieces has finally won me over. The in-situ resource extraction doesn't really play into my saves on any large scale, but I'm a sucker for small parts/crafts.

And rather than resize the converters and distillers to fit my tastes, I decided to warm up Photoshop and tinker with your cfgs to make something new. So now I've got a tiny converter and distiller to match the generator. Both nerfed sufficiently that they're useless for all but small probes and such, but still fun.

DqyNqaB.jpg

The superb quality of these tiny pieces has finally won me over. The in-situ resource extraction doesn't really play into my saves on any large scale, but I'm a sucker for small parts/crafts.

And rather than resize the converters and distillers to fit my tastes, I decided to warm up Photoshop and tinker with your cfgs to make something new. So now I've got a tiny converter and distiller to match the generator. Both nerfed sufficiently that they're useless for all but small probes and such, but still fun.

http://i.imgur.com/DqyNqaB.jpg

Awesome :) Mind if I roll those into the mod? Toss me your configs and textures via PM if that's cool

I HAVE A BUG!

u can refuel Karry Kan and duble KAn using repaint(after that they are always full)

i have some mods so somebody could thel its only my problem?

Probably a FireSpitter config issue. Log a GitHub issue for me on that please :)

Any chance of making Karborundum tweakable just for the sake of accurate dV info from KER or the like? I have no idea if you can make it tweakable in the VAB and still have the tanks spawn empty on the pad, but it would be nice.

You can always plug a bunch of experimental tanks on to check DV (you need very little of the stuff).

Rover do you have any nuclear reactors hidden in a mod I missed to run the fusion drives? I'm not using KSPI as every time I try to use it my install blows up.

You can power it with enough gigantors :) In the interim, NFT has good stuff and the models are gorgeous

KSP V.0.24.2

The Micro Ducted Fan Engine from the USI Exploration Pack works fine

I've got Karbonite, Karbonite+, USI Exploration Pack, the Near Future Tech packs, MechJeb and the Kerbal Alarm System. Did an reinstall of KSP and downloaded of all of the USI stuff today.

My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti and I'm running the 344.11 driver.

If you can't work out what is going on and its just me who is getting this its no big deal. The engines still work, they just aren't as pretty.

Edited by Kulantan

KSP V.0.24.2

The Micro Ducted Fan Engine from the USI Exploration Pack works fine

I've got Karbonite, Karbonite+, USI Exploration Pack, the Near Future Tech packs, MechJeb and the Kerbal Alarm System.

My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti and I'm running the 344.11 driver.

Odd - especially since that particular one is just a stock animation module. Would be curious if anyone else is experiencing issues

Odd - especially since that particular one is just a stock animation module. Would be curious if anyone else is experiencing issues

I am also experiencing problems (aka, no animation on the fusion drive). Have NFT (Electrical, Solar and Construction), Firespitter, Hooligan Airships and some VAB/SPH-stuff

Subjectively: Never worked. Can't say for sure, as the K+ has been installed in my workbench for longer, but I never used the Fusion Drive until now (no means to power it :D)

Objectively: Well, it COULD have worked before, but as said, never used the Fusion Drive before :D

Subjectively: Never worked. Can't say for sure, as the K+ has been installed in my workbench for longer, but I never used the Fusion Drive until now (no means to power it :D)

Objectively: Well, it COULD have worked before, but as said, never used the Fusion Drive before :D

Good deal - probably me doing something silly then :)

That's more cryptic than helpful

I'll explain in a little more detail: All of the plugins in the K+ package are shared with other USI projects. Their sources can be found in their home repositories. All that's unique to K+ is the art and part config files, which don't really have source separate from what's packaged. There's the no-op KarbPlus.dll, but that's just a name to use in a ModuleManager :NEEDS clause. It doesn't contain any code.

I'll explain in a little more detail: All of the plugins in the K+ package are shared with other USI projects. Their sources can be found in their home repositories. All that's unique to K+ is the art and part config files, which don't really have source separate from what's packaged. There's the no-op KarbPlus.dll, but that's just a name to use in a ModuleManager :NEEDS clause. It doesn't contain any code.

Let me know what bits you're looking for and I can help you find them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.