What ever happened with the "I Dream Of Space" contest?

astropapi1

Do you remember that contest? The one where the best screenshot would win a "trip to space" or something like that. I remember people submitting screenshots like crazy, but (as far as I know), we never got a result!

I don't want a ticket to space, I'm genuinely curious about it. :)

Oh, and sorry, mods! I didn't know where to put this thread.

The KSP prize was actually a raffle ticket to a draw to win a space trip. The actual contest was designed to sell 25,000 tickets, and then have the draw once those are all sold. Looks like they only sold ~1000 tickets thus far. Since the contest has been running for about two years now... I have a feeling sales have stagnated, and nobody will ever win the contest. BTW here's a link: https://www.idreamofspace.com/

Edited by antiquark

Pretty solid scam, really. Post a raffle that isn't drawn until all the tickets are sold. Make the tickets non-refundable, and issue an insane number of tickets, like 25,000. Collect cash until the well runs dry, and when asked about the stagnancy, say you're still counting on people to join in for a chance to win! Repeat that script until everyone just forgets about the raffle.

Pretty solid scam, really. Post a raffle that isn't drawn until all the tickets are sold. Make the tickets non-refundable, and issue an insane number of tickets, like 25,000. Collect cash until the well runs dry, and when asked about the stagnancy, say you're still counting on people to join in for a chance to win! Repeat that script until everyone just forgets about the raffle.

In my opinion, I'm sure Squad would never do something like that. If it didn't ever happen, it was probably something outside of their ability.

• 3 years later...

Hi all,

I was an assistant at IDreamofSpace. I know this thread is old, but I wanted to shed some light in case anyone else google'd it. 

We realized we weren't going to get enough raffle tickets, and both SpaceX and Virgin Galactic had setbacks.

In early 2017 we updated the website and sent out an email announcement that the raffle was over, and we would issue refunds to everyone who bought a poster/ticket. 

I can see how it might have seemed like a scam. The truth is we just weren't eager to give up. But, the timing wasn't right. In light of the Falcon 9...it might finally be closer to the right moment....

-Diana

Edited by dchperemi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.