Lets put Kerbals in Space...For Real

Weebo

Put Kerbals in Space?!  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Put Kerbals in Space?!

• Can I get a Hell yea?!
    • Can I get an Amen?!
    • Can I get a Hell yea Amen?!
    • Well erm, no. "If you choose this, Then Mechjeb is Piloting, Not you... :'(

I'm all for bold projects but seriously guys.

These cubesats are not a good thing.

The last thing we need is more tiny objects in orbit. It really will become a serious

Problem for future space missions.

I don't mean to sound rude. I've just been reading an article about the growing

Problem of space debris.

Interestingly there are people looking at using little cubesats to clear up space debris. A British company Surrey Satellites are looking at developing low cost cube sats that attach to orbital debris and drag it out of a stable orbit. They're using some interesting COTS kit like mobile phones as flight computers and X-box Kinect sensors to map their surroundings.

http://www.sstl.co.uk/STRaND-2-docking-nanosatellite

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Your sentences are fractured and unclear.

If you have a valid point to make, please make it clear.

Thank you.

I mean this:

The itty-bitty satellite that is in low earth orbit (Where people at NASA are paid to mark where that is) needs to be avoided by everything to prevent space debris. There is no issue when half the time the small satellite will be marked (Something along the lines of: We are going to put our new satellite in orbit around the same time that it won't smash into something and kill it) before any missions are launched.

And my sentences aren't fractured to badly, since I had trouble reading your post due to the weird use of the 'Enter' key.

I mean this:

The itty-bitty satellite that is in low earth orbit (Where people at NASA are paid to mark where that is) needs to be avoided by everything to prevent space debris. There is no issue when half the time the small satellite will be marked (Something along the lines of: We are going to put our new satellite in orbit around the same time that it won't smash into something and kill it) before any missions are launched.

And my sentences aren't fractured to badly, since I had trouble reading your post due to the weird use of the 'Enter' key.

? the format that was used was much like that of a letter, i could understand it perfectly and your last sentence's logic is flawed- you are suggesting that because you could not understand a post your post must be somehow good, this does not have to be the case, and it certainly isn't, Majorjims post made sense.

People are all too often quick to call someone out, but all to often the problem is not with the sender but the reciever.

(I am aware of the certain irony of this statement)

As for Communications, that's covered. As an 11B Airborne in the U.S. Army I Cross-trained with the MOS 25S, which is Satellite Communications Operator/Maintainer. Which means I know exactly what kind of people to hire to do it better than me ;)

As for the Space junk clause, That's why I noted there should be a sort of beacon on it that relays its position relative to other satellites so that it is never not known exactly where it is. I love the space balloon Idea, send it up, record, let it pop and recover.

Next, We have, Hydrogen Peroxide rockets with tiny DeltaV, but also based on what seams a true End-Scenario calculation.

Yet, we have a really great opportunity, you see.

We have the technology of how NASA and almost every other space agency, places its rockets into orbit, at that. We also have EVERY calculation we need to figure out depleting mass vs thrust ratios, contact numbers for the FAA to get clearance to launch. The entire equator to exploit for a launch. AND Even, how SRBS and Liquid fueled engines are built, have basically, blueprints all over the internet. Instead, does anyone consider it a possibility that we could put together a Team and achieve our own funding through the many website based Kickstarter clones, and maybe build AND launch our own? If it fails? Well that is just part of the fun of dealing with anything Kerbal Space Program related. :) Just a thought.

Edited by Weebo

Secondly, Squad worked closely with NASA to produce the ARM update. Maybe whispering a few little sweet nothings in NASA's ears could get them to give us one or more of the following: Communications link via land-based dishes "strictly for putting it up in the air, as we know its really expensive to bounce data around. Calculations for mass and fuel need for full orbit/sub orbital trajectories for the final mass we may eventually decide to send. They'd hit another high note on their PR and Promotions from being a part of sending Kerbals into space for real, especially after working with Squad to get them into the game to make people aware of the possibility of capturing an Asteroid in real life. It's kind of a Win/Win for both parties.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.