[0.24.2/0.25] Community Resource Pack integration for KSPI 0.12 (ORSX version)

undercoveryankee

This pack is designed to improve the experience of running Fractal_UK's KSP Interstellar 0.12 or 0.13 with mods that use RoverDude's Community Resource Pack. This release of the pack is for releases of CRP and related mods that are based on the ORSX resource system; i.e. CRP 0.2.x and the corresponding releases of RoverDude's other mods. SCANsat features require SCANsat 7rc5 or 8.

Download

List of changes made:

* All occurrences of KSPI's LqdWater and Argon resources changed to CRP Water

and ArgonGas.

* Multiplied all Argon tanks' capacities by the ratio of densities to preserve

total mass.

* All crustal resource maps now available in both resource systems. KSPI can

extract Water wherever an ORSX scanner sees it, and Uranium, Thorium, and

Alumina are available to SCANsat through ORSX.

* Replaced Interstellar's Uranium maps with CRP's Uraninite maps on all bodies

where CRP has Uraninite.

* Added Uraninite to CRP everywhere else Interstellar has Uranium.

* Added SCANsat scanning for Uranium, Thorium, and Alumina to KSPI gamma ray

spectrometer

* Moved SCANsat scanning for Ore/Minerals/Substrate/Water from Karbonite

scanner to MKS survey camera.

* MKS/OKS science labs can refine Uraninite to the types of uranium used by

Interstellar as well as EnrichedUranium.

* Modified atmospheric and oceanic resources:

* Added ORS definitions for Karbonite in atmospheres and oceans where CRP

defines it, for use with Interstellar's spectrometers.

* Where CRP replaced one of Interstellar's components with Karbonite,

reduced both concentrations to show a mixture.

* Changed Eve and Laythe atmospheres to show composition consistent with

FAR's default settings for average molecular mass and specific heat.

* Where the concentration of a CRP resource changed as a result of these

changes, applied the updated concentration to ORSX.

* Made Jool's Hydrogen scoopable with ORSX. ORS extractors will continue to

scoop it as LiquidFuel, as I prefer when not using RealFuels.

* Similarly, oxygen scoops as Oxygen with ORSX and Oxidizer with KSPI.

* Added Karbonite fuel mode for thermal rockets.

Original content released under the MIT license. Configuration values derived from Interstellar or CRP may be subject to those packages' licenses (linked in readme in archive).

Edited by undercoveryankee
Update download link

Thank you! :) Would you consider adding a config to make Jool's hydrogen compatible with Near Future's? Ideally I'd like to be able to collect Argon Gas and Liquid Hydrogen using either KSPI's or Karbonite's parts, if that's possible...

I define Jool's hydrogen to produce LiquidFuel (per stock Interstellar behavior) if you use an ORS scoop, CRP Hydrogen if you use an ORSX scoop. So if CRP Hydrogen is what NearFuture uses, Karbonite scoops should already be able to collect it. I'll grab one of the mods with Hydrogen tanks, test, and update if necessary.

I define Jool's hydrogen to produce LiquidFuel (per stock Interstellar behavior) if you use an ORS scoop, CRP Hydrogen if you use an ORSX scoop. So if CRP Hydrogen is what NearFuture uses, Karbonite scoops should already be able to collect it. I'll grab one of the mods with Hydrogen tanks, test, and update if necessary.

FYI new CRP released. Also an advanced heads up, Uranium will be next on the CRP/MKS list. For NFT users this means you get uranium mining with facilities for converting to EnrichedUranium :)

i'm curious if you've done any testing with KSPiLITE. i'm anxious for Rover's updates, and i think i would like these changes in Wave's releases.

Wave's last release still uses the ORS edition of CRP directly, so most of this pack would be redundant with Lite. If he updates in a direction that makes more of this relevant, I'll look at what I can do then. No support for current Lite.

So if I install this, does this mean I can get rid of ORS from my GameData folder? Assuming no other mods are holding on to it.

No. Interstellar still accesses resources through the ORS plugin. I can't change that without forking Interstellar. All this does is adjust resource config so both plugins agree on what resources are where.

Do I delete OpenResourceSystem when I use Roverdudes mods, Fractal Interstellar, and this fix? I assume running both ORS at the same time as ORSX is bad right?

nope, you don't delete ORS, it runs some core functions in KSPI. ORSX was designed to not step on ORS, so you're safe to run them both at the same time.

As of Saturday's experimental, CRP now includes ORSX maps for Uraninite, which MKS harvests and refines to EnrichedUranium. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79588-0-24-2-USI-Kolonization-Systems-%28MKS-OKS%29-%280-21-1%29-2014-09-28?p=1452494&viewfull=1#post1452494) That gives me a few things to do:

• Look at the Interstellar and CRP uranium maps and decide which set I want to use.
  • Wherever I've imported oceanic or atmospheric uranium from Interstellar, make those concentrations extractable as Uraninite.
  • Make sure SCANsat integration stays polished.
  • Provide some means of refining Uraninite to Interstellar's uranium fuels so that you can combine MKS's drills with Interstellar's reactors. Interstellar's uranium fuels are non-pumpable, so I may need to call on the work that RoverDude has done on transferring non-pumpable SpareParts.
  • Allow reprocessing of Interstellar uranium to EnrichedUranium in case you're switching away from an Interstellar reactor and don't want its fuel supply to go to waste.

I'll put up a package as soon as I'm done so anyone who's interested can start testing. Watch this space. Any packages that depend on an experimental release from RoverDude will be conspicuously marked "EXPERIMENTAL" as well. The main non-experimental download in the OP will always correspond to the "stable" release of the USI mods.

Thanks

FYI on the MKS side, we do enrichment via the science lab. This is also compatible with NFT.

Resource transfer wise, I will be bundling Marce's KERT module along with KAS-grabbable crates for hand-transfer of these resources via EVA, or via dedicated maintenance pods (you may have seen pics of the new ExpPack maintenance pod floating around), or via the PackRat Rover for ground operations.

I've posted a new version at https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxpl5o85th7jd5l/KSPI_CRP_20141011.zip?dl=0 that merges uranium maps and allows the MKS/OKS science lab to produce Interstellar uranium fuels as well as EnrichedUranium. Tested on KSP 0.24.2 with Interstellar 0.12.2 and the USI_ALLMODS_2014.10.06 combined distribution.

Testing on 0.25 with Interstellar 0.13 is waiting for an update to Active Texture Management. The first time I tried Interstellar and a full USI_ALLMODS package together, I found that I needed ATM.

Edited by undercoveryankee

I've posted a new version at https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxpl5o85th7jd5l/KSPI_CRP_20141011.zip?dl=0 that merges uranium maps and allows the MKS/OKS science lab to produce Interstellar uranium fuels as well as EnrichedUranium. Tested on KSP 0.24.2 with Interstellar 0.12.2 and the USI_ALLMODS_2014.10.06 combined distribution.

Testing on 0.25 with Interstellar 0.13 is waiting for an update to Active Texture Management. The first time I tried Interstellar and a full USI_ALLMODS package together, I found that I needed ATM.

Was the issue compression/memory pressure or the issue we're seeing with TGAs?

Was the issue compression/memory pressure or the issue we're seeing with TGAs?

I didn't bother to check. The first time I installed one of the experimental bundles on my test copy of 0.24.2 (sometime in September before the stable release of ORSX), I got a freeze at the loading screen and out-of-memory exceptions in the log, so I installed ATM.

Cursory check against Interstellar 0.13 and USI Collection 2014.10.06 looks good, got resource converters on the sci labs, renamed the existing converter properly, and it looks like the resource maps are good. (Very cursory check there)

I didn't have any tanks with Uraninite to test the conversions with, but UE4 and Uranium Nitrate are all_flow resources, so the converter should put it into any available tank. you just can't manually transfer it without mods.

not sure how it's all going to work out for EnrichedUranium and the other No_Flow resources though, the constraint on the converter says full since the part with the converter doesn't have a resource tank, so I wouldn't be able to activate it anyway.

Looks good! Thanks for the work on this. :)

Cursory check against Interstellar 0.13 and USI Collection 2014.10.06 looks good, got resource converters on the sci labs, renamed the existing converter properly, and it looks like the resource maps are good. (Very cursory check there)

I didn't have any tanks with Uraninite to test the conversions with, but UE4 and Uranium Nitrate are all_flow resources, so the converter should put it into any available tank. you just can't manually transfer it without mods.

not sure how it's all going to work out for EnrichedUranium and the other No_Flow resources though, the constraint on the converter says full since the part with the converter doesn't have a resource tank, so I wouldn't be able to activate it anyway.

Looks good! Thanks for the work on this. :)

Thanks for the report! Good to know things still at least look sane.

Honestly, I thought the Interstellar uranium fuels would have more restrictive flow modes than the EnrichedUranium. When I saw that Interstellar uranium was ALL_VESSEL, I didn't see any need to worry about NO_FLOW uranium on my end. I'll work on adding Interstellar fuels to the portable transfer cans in the next update, but you are no worse off with an MKS lab producing UF4 than you are with a KSPI refinery producing UF4.

And since USI doesn't actually have a Uraninite drill until the next update, the important part at the moment is that Interstellar and SCANsat are using the same maps, and I'm reasonably confident that we have that. Conversions and refueling will be polished once I can test them without having to configure my own drills and tanks first.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.