[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

I'm having this issue as well. Incredibly frustrating because this mod is awesome and everything else works perfectly. Any idea how to fix it?

I can confirm this. Hopefully the next update will fix the SAS issue. :-)

I've been having a bug with this mod since 1.4.4 I think. It forgets presets at random.

Because I know people here will ask for it, even though I said it's a random bug:

Repro steps:

Install this mod.

Play KSP; create a preset in flight scene.

Quicksave.

Close KSP.

Play KSP again, there's a 50% chance the preset you just made is gone, and only the default x-input preset remains.

I'm using this mod with a Dualshock4 controller, and it works beautifully, but not well enough to warrant 10 minutes of mapping per every other play session. Sorry; uninstalled until bug is reported fixed.

EDIT: I may be part of the win8/win8.1 incompatability crowd...

Edited by Errol

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ddaf/nlight,

Found a bug (I think).

When I build a rover with AFBW installed, I can't go backwards. That is, when I hit the 'rover throttle back' key (as defined in the settings on main menu), it does nothing. When I release that key the rover drives forward. Holding the back key again sets the wheels to neutral. When in this state, if I tap rover throttle up the wheels will reset to neutral (zero throttle).

Uninstalled AFBW and the problem went away.

Just figured I'd let y'all know. Was infuriating for a long time for me until I figured out who the culprit was. :)

Edit: rover controls in this case are on the keyboard, not the controller/joystick.

The SAS bug is still present for me. Doing it on a clean 0.90 install with just AFBW and CKAN. I can rebind most of the controls on my X55 HOTAS, but the SAS won't work properly. I can't override it with my input, just a little bit, making it really slow to change direction.

Also, some buttons on the HAT are always pushed, so when trying to preset the axis, I get the "axis 0"+"hat button 0"+"button X" (3 things). This makes the axis stop working when I change the view.

Saw this bug in many other comments and reddit posts.

Thanks!

crap... I have my logitech extreme 3D, which works fine..., but I've just spent 170€ on a joystick, and I want to use it!!! :P

Anyway, I'll need to wait for a AFBW fix, or for the KSP devs to add proper joystick support. (Or even Unity devs?)

they've redone the input system for 1.0, so I am hoping that it will be able to properly recognize the axis of different controllers. And hopefully it will cause the game to stop receiving multiple inputs from the X55 software. If I assign a keypress to a button in the HUD, then KSP will see it happen on button press and release, whereas if I focus on a text window pressing the joystick button only produces an event on the down press. So I can't even map controls with the X55 :P

Same here, but it only happens with the stick. The throttle buttons seems to randomly go nuts, but usually the X55 software mapping works fine.

The thing is, If I set the trigger to the letter "T", it will click it like fifty times in 1 second, making it sparkle a lot..., and sometimes, it won't stay ON. I don't know what's wrong, but proper joystick support should be given in 1.0 ;)

The SAS bug is still present for me. Doing it on a clean 0.90 install with just AFBW and CKAN. I can rebind most of the controls on my X55 HOTAS, but the SAS won't work properly. I can't override it with my input, just a little bit, making it really slow to change direction.

I have submitted a fix for this to the author and he has merged it without a comment, but no new release yet. He seems MIA for some time now. If it goes much longer I guess I can try and take over maintenance of this project and publish new releases.

The issue concerning default layouts writing themselves over saved layouts appears to be fixed on github, but also has not been in a release yet. If you took over, would you be able to figure that out as well? It would make my ps4 controller usable again.

Hey, I wanted to give this a shot after using an Xbox controller for years with stock control settings to test out swapping to my joystick/pedals. However I am having a huge issue where as soon as I start to pick up a decent amount of speed on my aircraft it starts culling the maximum joystick inputs severely. (Using RSS/NEAR if it matters) By the time I an flying at a couple hundred m/s I'm only able to get a maximum of 25% or so control authority. I know the AFBW is reading the joystick inputs correctly because the full range registers on the calibration screen, so it's something in the programming that's limiting the inputs. I can't however find the option to disable it and get true 1 to 1 joystick input. Can you please point me to what I need to do to enable a straight 1 to 1 input of controls. Thanks.

open the advanced options for the joystick axis/buttons and try selecting Linear for the input mode - I had to do that for my throttle to actually register .50 at half throttle

I tried both Linear and Quadratic modes. That affects the raw input, but not the modified output the game receives. (Which is the problem)

Might I please request the addition of camera controls in VAB/SPH to this mod? Stock will only let me assign joystick axes to pan and tilt while I've just connected enough joysticks that I got axes for forward/back, left/right, up/down and Zoom-In/Out too.

Edited by HagbardCeline
can't spell

Hi,

Just wanted to chime in that I'm experiencing the same issue as this bug report https://github.com/AlexanderDzhoganov/ksp-advanced-flybywire/issues/31 where the hat button #0 status is inverted (Always true unless another hat button is triggered, reports false when hat button #0 is triggered). I would like to note that I tested with the SDL-jstest and confirmed that it's reading the hat state correctly.

I'm using the Logitech Extreme Pro 3d joystick.

Regards,

DKnight54

I'm reporting this issue also. KSP 0.90 on Ubuntu 14.04, and a wired XBox 360 controller. "Hat #0 Button 0" corresponds to left on the d-pad. This bug makes the mod basically useless for me, since I can't set any controls up.

AHHHHHH!!!!!!! This let's me use gradual throttle with my Logitech 3D!!!!!

Thank you!

I'm reporting this issue also. KSP 0.90 on Ubuntu 14.04, and a wired XBox 360 controller. "Hat #0 Button 0" corresponds to left on the d-pad. This bug makes the mod basically useless for me, since I can't set any controls up.

Also seeing this on my Logitech 3D, I'm just using the keyboard for the hat stuff for now.

Edited by frencrs

I just made a pull request that fixes (at least for me :D ) the Hat button 0 defaults to true problem. Hopefully the mod author will reappear and release a new build.

It was an SDL issue, so Windows users should be able to workaround it with XInput. Unless there's a different XInput bug I don't know about.

Yeah, for some reason the mod writes the "default layout" over your custom one when in win 8.1 with xinput. Makes the mod unplayable in my opinion, as I'm not whilling to spend 20 minutes every gaming session to set up my controller. That's ridiculous. Hopefully the new in-game controller features are better in 1.0, I really liked this mod.

I just tried this nice plugin. Very nice. I wish Squad added configuration options for inflight.

I think i also experience interference from SAS when it should be turned off. Switching SAS on and off again seems to fix it though.

I just made a pull request that fixes (at least for me :D ) the Hat button 0 defaults to true problem. Hopefully the mod author will reappear and release a new build.
If not, would you be able to release your build, or a relevant replacement .dll or similar?