KSP Skill level poll

Kallisto

What was your final score in the quiz below?  

461 members have voted

1. 1. What was your final score in the quiz below?

• 0-2
    • 2-4
    • 4-6
    • 6-8
    • 8-10

Q1 : 4

Q2 : 4

Q3 : 24

Q4 : 10

Q5 : 16 (did a grand total of 2 ARM, but saving Kerbin from dino killers was fun)

OQ1 : 0 (No "serious" mods)

OQ2 : 0 (I rely A LOT on reverts and quicksaves)

Q6 : 105 (never returned from Tylo but returned a big aerospike bundle with a command chair from Eve, not from sea level though)

---

Total = 163

Final score : 163/20 = 8.15

At first, I thought the test was more targeted at people discovering the game, but I realized while answering it that docking and asteroid redirection are a good way to gauge the "skill" of a player (or his familiarity with the game).

My only concern would be returning from Moho, which felt like a nightmare to me and is worth only 5 points... :D

Interesting. Only 7.55 since I've never done an ARM. A bit ironic considering I started playing in 0.23.5.

This poll is definitely oriented toward exploration/piloting. It seems likely that that is one of the more common things for a playstyle to focus on.

I've tried to imagine what an engineering/orbital construction skills poll might look like. Might be worth a try.

Happy landings!

Ok...

Q: Have you ever achieved a stable orbit around Kerbin?(2 points)

Yes=2

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from the Mun?(4 points)

Yes=4

Q: Have you ever landed and returned from Minmus?(4 points)

Yes=4

Q: On how many objects outside the Kerbin system(which includes Kerbin, the Mun and Minmus) have you landed on(doesn't have to be a return mission)(2 points per object, or 24 if you've landed on all)

Q: Have you ever successfully docked?(10 points)

Yes=10

Q: Have you ever intercepted an asteroid?(16 points)

Yes=16

Optional question 1(if you use mods): How many of the following difficulty enhancing mods: TAC life support, Remote Tech, Deadly Reentry, FAR, RSS; have you used at the same time in a save?(4 points per mod)

RT,DRE,FAR=12 (I also use persistentrotation,kerbalmass,RWsaturatable)

Optional question 2(if you don't use mods): Do you rarely(in less than half of your career saves) use reverts/reloads? If only your revertless/reloadless worlds were counted, would the amount of 'yes' answers to the above questions be roughly the same?(+0.25 points for every 'yes' answer to the above questions that would remain the same, not including optional question 1)

Not sure, I don't use revert/reload in my DR,RT,FAR career games though. Guessing 0 for this one

Q: On which of the following objects outside the Kerbin system have you done successful return missions: Duna(2.5 points), Ike(2.5 points), Dres(5 points), Moho(5 points), Gilly(5 points), Laythe(10 points), Vall(10 points), Bop(10 points), Pol(10 points), Tylo(15 points), Eeloo(15 points), Eve(30 points)

All except Eve=(2.5+2.5+5+5+5+10+10+10+10+15+15)=95

So my score is (2+4+4+24+10+16+12+95)=167/20=8.35

Just realised the max score is 205/20=10.25

A suggestion for future polls might be 'have you done any of the following challenges, Eve rocks, Jool 5, Take me to the moons or Grand tour' with increasing points for each.

Right, off to return from Eve to add 1.5 points to my score.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.