What some pilot and astroanuts like G-force :-)?

Pawelk198604

I once watched interview with astronaut who was asked why so many kids and adults both males and females want be astronaut even if launch can be unpleasant experience of hi G's these guy said it's au contraire many astronauts love hi g's that acceleration can be even pleasant if we proper prepared body for launch.

i wonder does astronauts are masochist :D ?

If you ever been on a rollercoaster .... starting in a plane is similar to this ...

when you just have passed a low point of the track and are climbing up with full speed to the next high point ;)

I doubt that the astronauts at exactly this point of their journey think of all the things that might happen to them in a worst case scenario

Edited by Godot

I've pulled over 6.5g while flying aerobatics. It's not that big of a deal.

Nice! I'm learning to fly and have pulled some light Gs in sharp turns, no instrument to tell you how many Gs but it felt weird and nice at the same time.

The feeling when an airplane powers up its engines and you are pressed in the seats while you accelerate... One of the best feelings on the world. Sadly its quite weak and only several seconds long, but still its awesome. On rockets you have that several minutes long and way stronger, thats one of the main reasons why i would love to fly to space.

Edit: Does anybody know why all (non military) planes spool up their engines in 2 steps?

Edited by Elthy

Nice! I'm learning to fly and have pulled some light Gs in sharp turns, no instrument to tell you how many Gs but it felt weird and nice at the same time.

If you're just learning, you're probably doing 45 degree steep turns which is about when you start to feel it. If you go over to 60 degrees and maintain level flight, you end up pulling 2Gs. What are you learning in?

If you're just learning, you're probably doing 45 degree steep turns which is about when you start to feel it. If you go over to 60 degrees and maintain level flight, you end up pulling 2Gs. What are you learning in?

Piper Archers, although sometimes the 2 seat variants.

Edit: Does anybody know why all (non military) planes spool up their engines in 2 steps?

From what I have read, older engines (60's-80's) had problems with temperature of parts, and had to run at half throttle to warm up evenly.

Also, engine thrust is a function like product of itself, and thrust thus is exponential. This means that an engine just sliiiightly more powered at low revs will get full thrust some seconds earlier, and this leads to uneven thrust and going off the runway. That's why engines are set to 50% revs to nivel this difference.

No, but i know that it can kill you

I just wonder why someone like this:D

Same reason people ride rollercoasters, do bungie jumps or fly aerobatics. I've back-seated in combat aircraft, low-level nav or ACM pulling loads of g is hard work, but fun once you get used to it.

You have to pull a crazy amount of g to get hurt, mostly it's just harmless fun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.