Allow camera rotation around Centre of Mass in VAB/SPH

So, I didn't see this on the Already Suggested List, but my apologies if it's been suggested already.

I feel like it might be useful to rotate the camera around the CoM during construction, maybe as a toggle. I'm sure we've all had times where we've had to fiddle around awkwardly with the camera while placing parts, especially on the underbelly of spaceplanes or in cargo bays, and often it's just easier to rotate the entire spacecraft than it is to try to get a good camera angle. Allowing you to freely rotate around the CoM on any axis should make it a lot easier to see what you're doing.

So, I didn't see this on the Already Suggested List, but my apologies if it's been suggested already.

I feel like it might be useful to rotate the camera around the CoM during construction, maybe as a toggle. I'm sure we've all had times where we've had to fiddle around awkwardly with the camera while placing parts, especially on the underbelly of spaceplanes or in cargo bays, and often it's just easier to rotate the entire spacecraft than it is to try to get a good camera angle. Allowing you to freely rotate around the CoM on any axis should make it a lot easier to see what you're doing.

Eh i can see this being useful but as you just stated moving the WHOLE SHIP around tends to be much easier in some cases.

So if we already can move the ship around and allow good angles, why would we need to add a whole new camera mode in the VAB/SPH when we can already handle such issues by moving the craft itself? (it takes like 1 click which is hard to beat)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.