Rover part pack

Las-pen

I would like to see a mod that would be centered around rovers. New (stock like) cockpits, wheels, structural elements, and other parts designed mostly for rovers. Maybe a whole new VAB for building cars, a "Garage" if you will. SPH is good, but not good enough.

EDIT. Most mods that add some rover parts, like Home 3 or ERS, are very specific what kind of rover you can build. (And are not very stock alike)

Edited by Las-pen

I would like to see a mod that would be centered around rovers. New (stock like) cockpits, wheels, structural elements, and other parts designed mostly for rovers. Maybe a whole new VAB for building cars, a "Garage" if you will. SPH is good, but not good enough.

Woah..... Hold on there! A garage is most likely impossible and would be EXTREMELY hard to make even if it were! The rover parts though, yeah I would like to see something like that too.

Well. The garage isn't THAT important, just a little sidethought I had. Let's not cling there too much.

Mostly attaching wheels in SPH is a bit tricky in order to get them in same height and place and angle.

Edited by Las-pen

Karbonite has things that are best done with rovers. not to mention nice rover parts. :D

I was actually thinking of downloading Karbonite but I'm worried it'll just be one of those mods that eats too much memory and crashes like B9 does for me.

Speaking of B9, it seems to have one command module, that resembles a truck. I haven't yet installed it (my catalog is cluttered enough already and B9 is optimised for FAR), but are there other rover parts, wheels and stuff in there.

weqDuSd.jpg

Edited by Las-pen

I've built some pretty functional rovers using stock and various mods, if you fancy a scan look through my mission reports for various featuring stock, mod, and combo rovers. You might get some inspiration :)

LLL is a very good one that has given rover parts a lot of love, but don't be expecting stock from Lack, rather just a very very nice parts mod that doesn't (in my experience) totally juice my computer. B9 also has some useful parts that integrate nicely with stock parts.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Other than that it's perfectly possible to build rovers from stock parts, but you are right they certainly need a lot more love.

If I get enough call to do so I suppose I could knock together a tutorial similar to Temstar's "the art of modular base building" but for stock rovers.

SM

Edited by Speeding Mullet
It took me 10 quadrillion attempts to spoiler correctly

• 2 weeks later...

No offence intended, just maybe a poor choice of words. The packrat is cute little rover able to fit the smallest rockets. And good job with the landing airbags.

Moving on

Another mod I finally tested today was the LLL. What it comes to rovers, I think it might actually take the lead in the sheer number if various parts (No new wheels though) Also it adds so much other stuff like rocket engines and fuel tanks. And the rovers are much bigger and bulkier.

So maybe those two mods, along with some wheel mod, might do the trick. But I don't rest until I've seen the Recovered Münar Footage rover recreated.

Edited by Las-pen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.