Frozen, items still clickable

What's happened is the game appears frozen, but the audio cues from clicking parts, deselecting them, deleting them, etc... can still be heard, yet the game still appears to be frozen. I did a fresh wipe and have no idea what could be causing it.

EDIT: A video showing the problem. Note that when SPH is clicked, I could hear audio cues like the music and items being clicked and removed from the SPH GUI (audio isn't present in video because of recording software)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dF6pXnAbX4&feature=youtu.be

Edited by CactusLynx
Added video

Relevant part of the log:

------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

editor started

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Untitled Space Craft - Untitled Space Craft

[scenarioDestructibles]: Started. 39 objects registered

mk2Cockpit.Standard(Clone) added to ship - part count: 2

stage count is: 0

Resetting crew assignment

deleting part mk2Cockpit.Standard(Clone)

deleting part mk2Cockpit.Inline(Clone)

mk2FuselageLongLFO(Clone) added to ship - part count: 2

FREEZE OCCURS HERE

mk2FuselageShortMono(Clone) added to ship - part count: 3

Just to make it clear:

1. You start the editor.

2. You add a MK2 Cockpit.

3. You delete it?

4. You add a LFO fuselage.

5. Game freezes.

6. You add a MonoProp fuselage.

Somehow it doesn't make sense.

Just to make it clear:

1. You start the editor.

3. You delete it?

5. Game freezes.

Yes, there's nothing in the log that seemingly shows how or why it happens, it just happens. Like I said I can still click on things and hear the audio cues, but the game itself appears frozen.

Can you reproduce it? Is it always after 28 seconds?

Just in case check your Windows event logs if there's something happening in that time.

Nothing in logs showing up, it always occurs seemingly 20-30 seconds after starting the game itself, sitting in VAB, SPH, or just overviewing the complex.

Just to make it clear:

1. You start the editor.

3. You delete it?

5. Game freezes.

I'm still not sure what happened here.

You created a new craft by adding a cockpit. KSP adds 2(!) parts. You then remove the cockpit, KSP removes 2 parts. After that you add a LFO tank and KSP somehow reports that there are 2 parts?!

My calculation is + 1x cockpit - 1x cockpit + 1 LFO = 1 part in total. KSP calculates + 2 for 1x cockpit - 2 for 1x cockpit + 2 for 1x LFO = 2 parts in total. I don't get it.

Edited by *Aqua*

I think that is the bug when by accident you get a pile of clipping part exactly ontop of eachother

Same when you take the "Ram intake air", stick it on a small strut and start stacking them.

After 2 to a couple of times, the clipping goes mad and breaks the editor.

I had it a few hours ago just with other dozen clipping parts where the editor went nuts, to fix it:

Find the parts that are clipping, easy to spot with massive texture flickering when moving the cam around slowly.

Move all your connecting parts (not where the stacks are attached to) so you don`t lose the entire build.

Delete the part where the stacks are connected too.

You won`t be able to link the other parts back into position, just link them to a point you can easilly detach it from later.

When all the parts are attached randomly, save the craft and exit the sph/vab!

When you enter you can load the craft again, wich is a mess, and start detaching the stacks/parts that you randomly clicked and move them out of the way.

Now you can add back the part that you had to delete (part with the messedup stack) and start attaching the rest of the craft back so that you will only have to redo a small part instead of all over again :)

I know it`s abit of a pita, but I`m doing this as a work around.

I'm sorry, I don't know what's wrong with your KSP. The log is clear of errors (what's in there is unrelated) and from what you wrote, you shouldn't trigger a bug.

Did you try reinstalling the game?

Edit:

It could be a Unity error but this is just guessing.

Edited by *Aqua*

I'm sorry, I don't know what's wrong with your KSP. The log is clear of errors (what's in there is unrelated) and from what you wrote, you shouldn't trigger a bug.

Did you try reinstalling the game?

Edit:

It could be a Unity error but this is just guessing.

Nope, I even installed it on my other partition to check and the same thing.

KSP x64 is offically stated as instable. It can crash anytime because of some Unity bugs nobody fixed.

Your last crash could have happend because of this, not because of the freezing bug.

One last idea: Try other hardware drivers (newer and older ones). Sometimes they are not compatible with specific games. (For example Payday 2 crashes at least once everytime I play it but KSP runs without problems for hours.)

KSP x64 is offically stated as instable. It can crash anytime because of some Unity bugs nobody fixed.

Your last crash could have happend because of this, not because of the freezing bug.

One last idea: Try other hardware drivers (newer and older ones). Sometimes they are not compatible with specific games. (For example Payday 2 crashes at least once everytime I play it but KSP runs without problems for hours.)

Yep, that fixed it. I reverted to 340 and its working fine now. Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.