B-2 Spirit bomber replica -UPDATE-

B-2 Spirit bomber mk2

dSD78Dt.jpg

KOJUHlP.jpg

BYuaC94.jpg

Description: Not made with FAR or NEAR.

After the first b-2 i made soulreaver gave some helpful pointers on how i could get the plane to look more authentic and then i decided to improve on the originals performace because why not? and i am 5 times happier than i was originally with the results.

It comes equipped with drop bombs in the bomb bay and is capable of 2100+m/s in the upper atmosphere.

Very stable and easy to take off/land, SAS is never required (unless doing some crazy things in the upper atmosphere)

I may have gone a tad over board you can nearly orbit it.... feel free to remove the clipped internals to decrease the performance.

Action groups:

1 toggle engines

2 toggle bay doors

Space bay releases 2 "bombs" at a time.

Download link: part count 373

http://www./download/50eg7zxadhp7xxj/B-2+Spirit+bomber+mk2.craft

SR-71 White bird forum link

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98119-SR-71-replica-white-bird

Feel free to let me know what you think of my work, on a side note anyone have a suggestion for a plane i should build?

Edited by Roflcopterkklol

it looks inspired by the b2. but a replica? not really.

stil nice plane

Best i could do and have a bomb bay, ideally i wanted 2 bomb bays but i just could not get it to look like a b-2 with 2 bomb bays lol

You really think its not that close though?

i thought i did pretty good, was going off this picture

VGAJ5ca.jpg

remove the front part of the wing and move the rest forward and you come a lot closer.

I tried to do that but ill show you the problem i was having.

Jd7B5bM.jpg

Basically i can not seem to make that look good, only part that seems to clip through the mk2 cockpit neatly are the structural wing type c, any ideas?

Edit:

See in this picture the wing goes all the way to the tip of the nose and is the same angle the whole way along, what i was going for, could not seem to do it other than how i have

YEQPkUd.jpg

I really liked the old one more for some reason.

I think the old one certainly should fly better, but is less authentic, soul was right about it being more inspired by rather than a replica of

Edit:

It may be because the original one was a lot smaller, but after looking at them side by side im going to have to disagree :P

tq502Sl.jpg

dLFA00n.jpg

The newer model B-2 looks great! This one I'll download and try out. I'll probably do some modifications of my own on it, and set a throttle cap for a more realistic airspeed. Overall, very nice!

could probably replace the turbo jets for basic engines and remove the internal shock cones, the original b-2 does not do high alt flight like this will lol, you can almost get it into orbit (90kmish) as it is, i like to over do things k_tongue.gif

could probably replace the turbo jets for basic engines and remove the internal shock cones, the original b-2 does not do high alt flight like this will lol, you can almost get it into orbit (90kmish) as it is, i like to over do things :P

Clearly, you do. If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.