LFB test flight: Is this an exploit?

Torquemadus

I never take the parachute contacts. The only way I'd ever hit those test windows is to send them up on a plane. Even comeing in shalow from orbit a standard deorbit will often still be going too fast till its below the altitude floor for the test. My rule of thumb, I'll test anything on the ground or under whatever orbital conditions they want. if the test conditions are one that can be reached on the way to or from orbit I'll bring their part along for testing. If it does not match those guidlines go call the airforce as their test is inappropriate for a rocket program :P well either that or pay a premium for it not the chumpchange they offer.

Best way to do the in flight tests is to use an tiny probe, jet engine, two radial intakes, 45 liter tank with just fuel, parachute and a battery. Works for testing all but the medium and large engines. Prefer this rather then bundle them with real flights. launch straight up, you have an serious twr so its no problem reaching the parameters no matter how stupid.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.