Operation Return to Sender (Sequel is being made)

Should I decrease the AA guns range to 1000 and increase scan time to 10 sec?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I decrease the AA guns range to 1000 and increase scan time to 10 sec?

• yes
    • no

Greetings Airmen!

Here is your current sitrep

llQZLY9.png

You are a new airmen in a Private Space Company. Your job is to keep the area of secure around your space center.

Sadly, a rival PSC (Private Space Company) attacked KSC right before you completed your training. Most of the people were able to escape the facility before it was completely over run. However, a vast majority of your fellow pilots were shot down and are now KIA or MIA. You were one of the lucky ones to escape. Now your company needs your help.

Your objective: Take back KSC and destroy all targets.

KQ6IdIt.png

This will be a tough fight.

You will be going up against SAM's

Range: 3km

o49YF2E.png

AA Guns

Range: 2km

E7zKziq.png

and a Laser Missile Defense System.

Range: 5km

E6EqNGd.png

There are also other targets that must be taken care off before the ground forces can advance and fully retake the Space Center.

Colateral damage is expected. However, Command has requested that you keep it to a minimum.

If you succeed, you will forever be remembered for your strength, courage, and skill as a pilot

Good Luck and God Speed Airmen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

other stuff you need to know.

Needed: BD Armory

If you wish to use other mods you are more than welcome too

Victory requirements:

All targets are destroyed

Damage to Space Center is kept to a mim

You Survive

Failure:

You Die

Run out of fuel

Run out of Ammo

Any of the following Buildings are destroyed:

VAB, SPH, Administration Building, Tracking Station (for this one the Center building and at least one Radar Dish must survive)

Targets are considered dead when they can no longer fight back and/or pink marker on it no longer shows up

(Not all targets will fight back)

Keep Honorable

Dont mess around with any of the craft

Also take pics of the engagement to show you actually doing it as well as a picture at the end showing all targets cleaned off the map.

If you choose to record the battle in video….THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!

If you do pics..you need to take at least one pic of you attacking each target and one pic of the damage done to each target at the end

You must use a fighter you made yourself (don't be that guy that rips off others aircraft)

If you can't make a good aircraft, one is provided for you on the abandoned island (you may want to fly it a bit to get used to its controls and hotkeys)

If you don't use the one provided, you must add weapons manager to your aircraft, fly out at least 8 km from the Space Center and switch over to TEAM B

Winners will have their names and the name of their aircraft placed on the first post and get reputation points.

No lasers. Its too cheep

NO GROUND VEHICLES.

Final Rule:

HAVE FUN!!!

http://www./download/bob6gfo9cf0wrq8/persistent.sfs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winners!

TopHatDragon: aircraft-The Buzzard

War Eagle 1: aircraft- PG-27 Temple

Kerdinand: aircraft- The Eagle

Hodo: aircraft- FA-107 Thundergod

Vapaoro: aircraft-flying death ray

Edited by War Eagle 1

I have some bad news.

I have everything ready to go, but there's so much objects at KSC that KSP turned into a picture slideshow for me. I'll try to fix the problem.

It most likely due to all the parts.

I ll try to remake this later but more part friendly.

Really I was just testing the waters but your the only one so far willing to try it

I'm really excited for this, unfortunately it seems my computer (and it ain't a punny "computer", its more!) can't handle the massive part count. I'd suggest that instead of reducing the number of vessels, you remake them with less part. I know it's more work than to simply remove them, but it would keep the difficulty.

Also, it would be neat to have some way to measure the level of achievement through a scoring system.

I'm really excited for this, unfortunately it seems my computer (and it ain't a punny "computer", its more!) can't handle the massive part count. I'd suggest that instead of reducing the number of vessels, you remake them with less part. I know it's more work than to simply remove them, but it would keep the difficulty.

Also, it would be neat to have some way to measure the level of achievement through a scoring system.

Thank you. It has been noted.

I ll try to post an updated version of this challenge tomorrow so that it has less parts to it

Are we allowed to use a plane of our own design or is there one that is made for us already?

The plane I've made and have in mind has 8 50cal guns, only 2 250lb bombs with 2 flares. But I've started making another plane that carries only 8 guns for more bombs and or missiles/rockets no more than ten total weapons.

Are we allowed to use a plane of our own design or is there one that is made for us already?

The plane I've made and have in mind has 8 50cal guns, only 2 250lb bombs with 2 flares. But I've started making another plane that carries only 8 guns for more bombs and or missiles/rockets no more than ten total weapons.

It has been stated in the original post that you can do both. It is said to build your own plane, but there is an offered alternative with no penalties to use a pre-made combat plane that is given with the save file.

Good morning airmen

As I stated earlier I ll try to get a more part friendly map up and running soon.

However I do so stuff to do IRL today as well so don't expect it soon

I'm the mean time make your final preparations for combat

It has been stated in the original post that you can do both. It is said to build your own plane, but there is an offered alternative with no penalties to use a pre-made combat plane that is given with the save file.

Thank you Sam445

yes you can make your own but if you choose not you can use the one in the first pic on the OP.

Its my own aircraft…PG-27 Temple

ugh the lagg is horrible ! ! ! I thought i'd be ok loaded up and it all slowed way down too much.

Are we allowed to use ground attack craft? as in tanks and other armored surface craft?

If you noticed before had I said I was going to redue it so lag won't be as much of an issue. So reality is you should not even be trying the mission yet.

Please be patient and please read.

I have stuff to do today as I am a college student.

I ll try to post the fixed version in about 4 to 5 hours

As for ground forces, no you may not but I might make challenge like that in the future

It depends on how successful this challenge is

Edited by War Eagle 1

Progress update:

I have decreased the AA guns part count by about 200 parts :P

Lag has dropped dramatically

All I have left to add is the four SAM launchers.

If lag stays low I may add one more target just for laughs and giggles

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.