[WIP][Plugin][0.3.3] Flight Computer - Fully automated flight, programmable via VPL

pixartist

i want this sequence to roll my ship 90 degrees but it did not execute the roll command:

i tryd everything 90, -90, 45, 0 nothing works.

other question how can i delete a node?^^

btw: This mod is just awesome and easy to use thx alot!

Edit: would be cool to have a node to set a Manuever node, and a node to execute the Manuever node^^

Edit2: also select and move multiple nodes would be nice

mfg whaaw

You can delete nodes by dragging them onto the menu on the left.

The SetRoll (direct) node does actually applies roll via controls (like pressing q or a), so your program will just press q or a for a single frame. If you want to set the SAS roll value, you need to use the SetNavballHeading node and enter your roll value. Btw. use the ToggleSASController node to enable or disable the SAS controller which smoothes the SAS corrections.

Edited by pixartist

Just apply your values every tick

you are absolutely right works like a charm

Edit:i try another suggestion maybe its already implemented and i am just to stupid to find it, but saving node layouts would be cool so i can make a lunch program and use it for every vessel without programing the same over and over again.

Edit2: i found it under "Planned features" so nope :-)

Edited by whaaw

you are absolutely right works like a charm

Edit:i try another suggestion maybe its already implemented and i am just to stupid to find it, but saving node layouts would be cool so i can make a lunch program and use it for every vessel without programing the same over and over again.

Edit2: i found it under "Planned features" so nope :-)

Yep totally planned. It's also planned to combine multiple nodes into a single procedure node that can be placed in another program. Will be added soon ;)

Would also be cool to see, which "strings" are executed or active at the moment, they could change color or smth. like that. Also, as somebody pointed out before(the thing with Smart A.S.S.) orientations would be nice.

Very very cool mod, I love programming with nodes, and this mod has already made me very happy.

greetings

Themorris

Is being able to trigger action groups planned?

It would be really useful to open solar panels at certain height or deploy airbreaks if going too fast.

EDIT: I just coded it myself. I'm testing it right now and I will make a pull request as soon as I'm sure the nodes work.

Edited by aftokinito

This goes along with my earlier request for access to action groups and to any (items) that is listed in the RMB of parts. The same rmb info that you select / modify either in flight or to become part of a action group....

I am really enjoying this mod. Great work on it and great progress....

Cheers.

Hi,

i found a bug i think, if you attach the FC to an aircraft SAS wont work anymore the plan just snaps back to 0° Pitch, and flies stright forward even if i override to nearly 80° Pitch the plane goes back to 0° pitch. no node was active i just put the FC on the plane

Edit: i had only Flight Computer installed / Log's

Edited by whaaw

Is being able to trigger action groups planned?

It would be really useful to open solar panels at certain height or deploy airbreaks if going too fast.

EDIT: I just coded it myself. I'm testing it right now and I will make a pull request as soon as I'm sure the nodes work.

Pull request sent: https://github.com/pixartist/KSPComputer/pull/1

Thanks for all the work, I wrote a comment, what do you think about my idea ?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

i found a bug i think, if you attach the FC to an aircraft SAS wont work anymore the plan just snaps back to 0° Pitch, and flies stright forward even if i override to nearly 80° Pitch the plane goes back to 0° pitch. no node was active i just put the FC on the plane

Edit: i had only Flight Computer installed / Log's

Yes, I did not test with aircraft yet, I assume the orientation is different. Will test that soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Would also be cool to see, which "strings" are executed or active at the moment, they could change color or smth. like that. Also, as somebody pointed out before(the thing with Smart A.S.S.) orientations would be nice.

Very very cool mod, I love programming with nodes, and this mod has already made me very happy.

greetings

Themorris

Yes, will add that.

Though I love kOS to bits, this looks amazing. I might not switch permanently, but will be sure to give this a good try.

Years and years ago I dreamt of making a 'programming language' in QBASIC in a similar fashion. Lack of time and knowledge meant the plans never got realized, but it is very exciting to see something that is so reminiscent of those plans and that actually works.

Edited by Camacha

@Camacha: i see how it is ;)

It will take a miracle to pry me away from my beloved (and, admittedly, occasionally despised) kOS :D Even though my life has very little room for these kinds of pursuits now, kOS still manages to nibble away bits of time here and there. So much to do, so little time. When it comes to trivial matters, KSP with kOS is a good one to waste time on.

If this mod gets even halfway to where kOS is now it will have done a fantastic job.

Edited by Camacha

the good thing i have both installed, and they both work :-)

i have so many kOS Scripts it will be on my install for ever! :-) without Erendrake and kOS im sure i wont play KSP anymore.

pixartist and erendrake are the real MVP's ^^

thx both of you!

Muahaha, it has begun, I will steal your community one by one:D

you can have @camacha, they are too good at finding bugs for my taste ;)

the good thing i have both installed, and they both work :-)

i have so many kOS Scripts it will be on my install for ever! :-) without Erendrake and kOS im sure i wont play KSP anymore.

pixartist and erendrake are the real MVP's ^^

thx both of you!

You are welcome!

@Camacha: i see how it is ;)

This looks seriously cool and i always love seeing great new mods. Good luck :)

It's nice that there's no reason for any rivalry at all, actually. In fact, as both kOS and Flight Computer are using the same GPL3 license, we can even share things later on down the road if there's good reasons to copy solutions between the two mods.

For example, I noticed in this thread people asking for ways to affect what's on the RMB menus for parts, which just so happens to be the primary focus of the next kOS release. If pixelart wants to have a look at how it was implemented, the code's in the open on github in our develop branch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.