[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Is it just me or is it a bit odd that the fact that the mod replaces the entire solar system and scales it up by a factor 10 is not in the short list of "overview of the changes"?

Because that's of RSS, not of RO?

If you could make one, then contribute it for everybody`s sake! If something which deserves to be is not then there could be several reasons...having no time to make it, not yet proven its sanity or whatever. Also there`s some configs in WIP folder which just works fine, I think they just not seen and clarified yet. Checking those things is also very awesome contribution, I think.

I have done, it doesn't conflict with the ISS one (so DOS7 will still be called Zvevda and it's ISS parts will still be marketed as ISS), but I haven't included a fix for the nodes as I have fixed them myself in their original file, can I submit it, and if yes, where?

I have done, it doesn't conflict with the ISS one (so DOS7 will still be called Zvevda and it's ISS parts will still be marketed as ISS), but I haven't included a fix for the nodes as I have fixed them myself in their original file, can I submit it, and if yes, where?

As I myself am a newcomer to RO community, the best reference I could give you is the documentation form OP. But I could give you a summary: go to Github, fork the RO repository into your account, submit the fixation into your repository, and give a Pull Request to the original RO repository. The main branch now they`re working on is KSP10 so be careful not to give a PR from master to master, but KSP10 to KSP10. Then NathanKell and others in charge will have a look and decide to merge it or not.

You mean that you could submit the original cfg of MIR parts? That`s not up to me, but I don`t think so, because that`s not the way how RO works. It would be better to make MM configs then fix the original part.

Edited by FennexFox

Just to be clear, I made a RO MM for Mir, but it doesn't include a fix for the nodes in it because I fixed the nodes myself in the original files, I'm not insane to upload the original files seeing that RO basically runs on MM configs and due the fact that I'm not the author of the mod

Hey, I want this mod updated asap like everyone else. Anything I can do to help? I have basic cfg file knowledge and can play around with loads of things. What can I do?

Absolutely!

Check out the discussion on our Github page:

Join the IRC channel and ask what needs to be done(webchat link here or use an IRC client of your choosing)

There's always stuff that could use doing!

Just to be clear, I made a RO MM for Mir, but it doesn't include a fix for the nodes in it because I fixed the nodes myself in the original files, I'm not insane to upload the original files seeing that RO basically runs on MM configs and due the fact that I'm not the author of the mod

Great! Since I am a newcomer, I know a newcomer could commit every mistake which isn't impossible. I`m sorry if I was offensive. The only thing is the node thing, then making It as a MM config would be very easy, isn't it? That could be basically done with simple copy-paste thing.

Edited by FennexFox

Right, NP needs a complete rework. Nothing changed. Ksp did load blazing fast though. It used to tale 10 minutes! so, yeah I guess the same would be true with KW rocketry. I dont know how to change this stuff, if someone could tell me it would be great.

I downloaded a zip file from Github "KSP10" branch, got its dependencies from forum individually, and made a fresh 1.0.2 KSP client,

So I thought I was ready to get along with RO Dev version but it seems weird to me...

yes, stuck by unexpected errors are what dev build is meant to be but it's a lot weird.

I got engine igniter and proper config but engines ignite infinitely, engines with RealPlume configs make not the plume which cfg says, and so on...

Did I installed it wrong way?

I downloaded a zip file from Github "KSP10" branch, got its dependencies from forum individually, and made a fresh 1.0.2 KSP client,

So I thought I was ready to get along with RO Dev version but it seems weird to me...

yes, stuck by unexpected errors are what dev build is meant to be but it's a lot weird.

I got engine igniter and proper config but engines ignite infinitely, engines with RealPlume configs make not the plume which cfg says, and so on...

Did I installed it wrong way?

I would reccomend waiting for this to be officially updated.

I would reccomend waiting for this to be officially updated.

The point is I want to contribute it in a way.

There`s so many things to do, so even a noob like me can help them is several ways.

Definitely I can`t do much things, but a small step makes something, always.

E: I must misread some of NathanKell`s post saying "WIP but testable", and confused which was updated to 1.0 and which wasn't.

Engine Igniter is clearly not updated to 1.0 yet, and some of the mods has outdated KSPAPIE, etc...

but have no Idea yet why RealPlume wokrs in weird way. :(

CFG says the RS-68 engine form AIES has RealPlume with flamef1fx, but in my game it seems some kind of blue flame...at least never a flamef1fx!

Edited by FennexFox

The point is I want to contribute it in a way.

There`s so many things to do, so even a noob like me can help them is several ways.

Definitely I can`t do much things, but a small step makes something, always.

E: I must misread some of NathanKell`s post saying "WIP but testable", and confused which was updated to 1.0 and which wasn't.

Engine Igniter is clearly not updated to 1.0 yet, and some of the mods has outdated KSPAPIE, etc...

but have no Idea yet why RealPlume wokrs in weird way. :(

CFG says the RS-68 engine form AIES has RealPlume with flamef1fx, but in my game it seems some kind of blue flame...at least never a flamef1fx!

Do you have smokescreen installed? i didn't have any plume either and as soon as i installed it i got them

Do you have smokescreen installed? i didn't have any plume either and as soon as i installed it i got them

SmokeScreen is shipped with RO, AFAIK.

- - - Updated - - -

FennexFox:

The RealPlume are still being worked on, last night an update was merged into the KSP10. Check it again.

Good news, I'll check it out on this weekend. BTW, Did I things correctly?

FennexFox:

The RealPlume are still being worked on, last night an update was merged into the KSP10. Check it again.

Quick question. Will RealPlume + smokescreen work on their own without the rest of Realism Overhaul? I'd like to see expansion effects in a more stockish game.

Tw1: the latest Hotrockets has that sort of thing. You're going to have a bad time if you put RealPlume in stock, because you'll get stuff like the LV-T30, Mr. Booster, being a teensy vacuum engine (and the Skipper become the RL10!), and stuff like that.

Quick question. Will RealPlume + smokescreen work on their own without the rest of Realism Overhaul? I'd like to see expansion effects in a more stockish game.

I'm hoping that I can build a relatively blanket config for HotRockets that'll fix the plume expansion stuff based on the RealPlume work. We'll see how it goes. If you want, you can check out my WIP configs on my github.

Tw1: the latest Hotrockets has that sort of thing.

Awesome, I'll have a look at that.

I'm hoping that I can build a relatively blanket config for HotRockets that'll fix the plume expansion stuff based on the RealPlume work. We'll see how it goes. If you want, you can check out my WIP configs on my github.

Ok, so it's not fully operational at present? I will have a look.

Is there any chance a "Real Science" could be built in to future versions of RO buy replacing KSP science with real life experiments ie. Neremiah Engineering, Orbital Materials Science, etc. with real world values. It would be awesome to see in RP-0.