[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

Yeah, some of the lower-stage engines don't have lower attachment nodes. I'm thinking about adding them, just without shrouds, to facilitate platform-style launch clamps. I'm just not sure yet.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but after I have updated I am not able to limit the thrust on the "D" SRB. So far, all the others have been fine with doing this. It was my go-to for my bigger designs.

Nothing should have changed with the SRBs. Is that the only one behaving that way? Thrust limiting is a built-in KSP feature, with nothing in the configs for the engines for it, except for a "minThrust" which is usually "0".

Yeah, some of the lower-stage engines don't have lower attachment nodes. I'm thinking about adding them, just without shrouds, to facilitate platform-style launch clamps. I'm just not sure yet.

Nothing should have changed with the SRBs. Is that the only one behaving that way? Thrust limiting is a built-in KSP feature, with nothing in the configs for the engines for it, except for a "minThrust" which is usually "0".

I've tested all of the other ones that I have unlocked and they all work fine except for that one in particular. I don't really know where I should start looking to figure it out if nothing changed in the mod then. It's just strange.

BTW, amazing mod. Been using it for as long as I can remember.

I've tested all of the other ones that I have unlocked and they all work fine except for that one in particular. I don't really know where I should start looking to figure it out if nothing changed in the mod then. It's just strange.

BTW, amazing mod. Been using it for as long as I can remember.

Thanks, glad you like it. :)

But yeah, that's really strange. So which SRB is it exactly? I'd like to look through the config and see if I can replicate it.

Thanks, glad you like it. :)

But yeah, that's really strange. So which SRB is it exactly? I'd like to look through the config and see if I can replicate it.

It's the SpaceY S109 Heavy Lift SRB. Thanks for the help!

RO configs are usually managed by the RO people. Doesn't look like there is one.

Maybe if there's enough interest, they can be talked into it. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

It's the SpaceY S109 Heavy Lift SRB. Thanks for the help!

Hmmm... the thrust limiting is working for me. It has to be some sort of bad mod interaction or something.

Maybe if there's enough interest, they can be talked into it. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm... the thrust limiting is working for me. It has to be some sort of bad mod interaction or something.

Yup. New install to other KSP folder and it's working fine. Added two small mods recently that changed only little things. Might be one of them. Jumped to the conclusion of it being a bug in the mod since it only happened with that one booster. Woops!

Thanks

Posted:

1.2 (2015-10-08) - Tweaks.
- Added LC2 launch clamps to TweakScale config.
- Removed erroneous flagDecal module from LC2 launch clamps.
- Added bottom stack node and shroud to the R1 single Ratite engine.
- Added surface attachment to K1,M1,R1 engines.
- Note: May cause some occasional goofiness with saved crafts in the VAB/SPH saved with the old versions. Best to remove, re-attach, and re-save.
- With InterstellarFuelSwitch or Firespitter, stack attachment bases can be toggled on K1,M1,R1 engines.
- Improved labeling on shrouds for K1,M1,R1 engines.

Hmm... For some reason, neither the MKS nor the SpaceY updates are listing on CKAN...
It's only been a couple of hours. Give it time - CKAN automatically pulls updates periodically.

Yep. I'm not sure what the schedule is these days, but it sometimes takes a bunch of hours before the update shows. They might only be doing a few pulls a day.

I must say, it is rather a brilliant idea, in my opinion. ;)

;)

Hey, all!

I'm new to this forum. I just made this account a few minutes ago. However, I've looked through this thread... and it's incredible! I haven't updated to 1.0 yet, but I will do so very soon. When I do, I will definitely get this. The largest engines I've used as of now are the Griffon Century cluster from KW and the Bearcat 5x cluster from NovaPunch. They're pretty similar to the Ratite R5 in terms of looks, scale and performance. That's why the R7 took my eye... then the BFR9... Then that E-4!

This is exactly what I've been waiting for!

NecroBones, I just want to say that your mod is pure brilliance. You've got a new fan.

By the way, and sorry if this immediately makes me sound like a bit of a tool, but is it at all possible to get Saturn V-like conical engine skirts for the E-4 cluster? I really like the black and blue ones on it now, so if some cone-shaped skirts kept that same colour scheme I think I'd cry tears of joy.

I understand perfectly if it's too difficult, or even if you don't want to. Once again, thank you so much for producing this pack of goodness!

I'll stay tuned to see how it progresses.

Al.

Hey Bones, looking at the SpaceY Expanded stuff I noticed how much your modeling and texturing skills improved since you first released MRS and later SpaceY. Do you plan on doing any remodeling some day? Or do you have cool ideas for new parts?

EDIT: Also an orange foam texture for the 5m tanks would be great, my CryoEngines + SpaceY shuttle would look sooooooo much better.

Edited by PickledTripod
forgot something

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.