d8DHVDa.png

In unity. (scale is set to 1)

maYmhLJ.png

Same model different config files

vSO3u4W.png

in game

6LVdKsc.png

Conclusion:

When you Not specify a rescaleFactor, the model goes to 1.25.

Addendum for modders:

Take the 1x1 plate is the reference to the sizes, because it is made to be 1m by 1m. It config file have a rescaleFactor = 1

If you want to see the model in game exactly as you model it, then add rescaleFactor = 1

If the rescaleFactor is not specified, it will be automatically rescaled to 1.25

Edited by Locob
changed and added images.

what's it look like with the fuel tank attached? is the fuel tank's diameter same as the side of the square?

your screen cap shows 1 unit cube being 1.25m in KSP. which is what one expect when not using "rescaleFactor" in the config. the info from link compilation is still correct.

Edited by nli2work

It would be clearer if you placed your cube on a 1.25m tank for comparison, just to make sure.

Use scale=1 and rescaleFactor=1, check, then once you do that if you could put all the actual relevant information at the top of your first post for convenience then I'll add a link to it.

Ok then. I added the new images

It seems (how NecroBones said), that when you not not specify a rescaleFactor, the model goes to 1.25

And then, I was wrong.

By moments I was thinking that the tank size was wrong, but then I saw the 1x1 plate, and if that is meant to be 1m x 1m then is the reference that the tank is ok and it diameter is 1.25

Edited by Locob

Ok good but remove all the unnecessary text at the top, is what I wanted. As in make the OP like a mini-tutorial, rather than a question. And don't link to the other thread. It'll confuse people.

Thanks, I'll add it in a minute.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.