Problem with trimming?

This morning, I had a nominal flight until around 12,00AM. And I couldn't quite figure out the problem and cause. SO the rocket keeps on getting the roll and yaw to the right, and pitch down. THerefore it constantly rotates the ship making it impossible to dock, lift -off or even fly at all. I tried Alt-X but it hasn't changed anything?

From your writing i can't figure out, how your rocket behaves at witch point of a flight. Therefore it would be nice to to put a clean and exact discription and - if possible - a screenshot of your craft to our disposal.

However, there may be several reasons why a craft don't react as expected:

• Can it be that you have some sort of analoge input device connected with your computer (controller/joy-/flightstick)? In case you have mapped it as input source, ensure that the deadzone have an decent value.
  • In case you are using an asparagus/multiengine design: You can before liftoff (or tweak it in the VAB/set it to an action group) turn off the gimbal for the outer engines if the center engine is strong enough to stabilize/steer the craft. When gimbaling is engaged, the outer engines can force a rocket to rotate.
  • If you have build something unsymetrical, the drag as well as it's weight will cause the rocket to steer off.

I have an old keyboard that used to cause me problems because it would randomly disconnect from windows and then reconnect. If it did this while I was pressing a key, the key would stick as thought I were still holding it. The only way to get rid of it was to wait for the board to reconnect and then press the key again.

Similar things can happen if for some reason the game window is deselected while you're pressing a key.

This could, of course, be completely unrelated.

With SAS off, and having hit Alt+X, do you see the pitch, roll, and yaw indicators away from the centre? With RCS on, do you see any jets coming from your thrusters if you have them?

If yes to that, is your craft a probe with no Kerbals? If you hit Alt+L does the staging light switch between green and purple? If you right click a part do you get the full menu - for example with a solar panel do you get the option to retract or extend it? If no to all those, you have simply lost control of your probe ship, probably due to lack of electric power.

If yes to those, ie you still have power, you have either a problem with your controls or a game or windows bug. Check your keyboard as well as any joysticks or controllers.

If no to the first question, ie if the pitch, roll, and yaw indicators are all centred, does your rocket have multiple engines, does it use fuel lines, or is it asymmetric? If yes, you probably have an unbalanced thrust or weight that's throwing it off course. If no, you may have a "phantom force" in your craft. This is usually caused by parts clipping into each other. Try and redesign your ship to minimise clipping.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.