[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

11 minutes ago, inigma said:

@nightingale

I can't seem to figure out why the safety check here is not passing. Ideas?

contract: https://github.com/inigmatus/GAP/blob/master/Development/Charter-Flight-4bug.cfg

Relates to some of the changes I made a few releases back on KerbalDeaths.  I've changed it so they start as completed, and then fire a failure if the appropriate death happens (more like they used to work).  Mind trying that out for me?

3 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Relates to some of the changes I made a few releases back on KerbalDeaths.  I've changed it so they start as completed, and then fire a failure if the appropriate death happens (more like they used to work).  Mind trying that out for me?

That's just it. They aren't starting as completed. Latest CC dev.

16 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Latest as of the post above?  Also, I only fixed it for new contracts, not already offered/active ones.

Yes as of the latest posted above, and this is a new contract.

I can't seem to figure it out.

4 minutes ago, inigma said:

Yes as of the latest posted above, and this is a new contract.

I can't seem to figure it out.

Sorry, I meant I just changed it again after you posted the issue (see last commit)- are you saying that the exact same thing is happening?  If it is, do you mind trying one more time, could be there was still an old contract stuck in the pre-loader.

4 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Sorry, I meant I just changed it again after you posted the issue (see last commit)- are you saying that the exact same thing is happening?  If it is, do you mind trying one more time, could be there was still an old contract stuck in the pre-loader.

Ok didnt see that. Ill try the new commit.

18 minutes ago, nightingale said:

It's fixed thanks @nightingale, you sir are awesome! :D  back to coding for me. :D

New release to fixed a fairly major issue that can be encountered on undock.  Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.9.10

• Fixed exception on undock (thanks henrybauer).
  • Fixed KerbalDeaths to be checked off (completed) by default (thanks Inigma).

l9C9Pmv.jpg

The bug that once allowed multiple copies of the same contract to be take/completable at once, has somehow snuck in again. I believe this was addressed previously? Posting here and in field research, as I'm not sure if this, or that mod is the source.

Edit: Both contract config, and field science are up to date.

Edited by vardicd

3 hours ago, vardicd said:

l9C9Pmv.jpg

The bug that once allowed multiple copies of the same contract to be take/completable at once, has somehow snuck in again. I believe this was addressed previously? Posting here and in field research, as I'm not sure if this, or that mod is the source.

Edit: Both contract config, and field science are up to date.

I see this too with the field research that has you repeating experiments.  Like, Perform Another Materials Study While Flying High, etc...

5 hours ago, eberkain said:

I see this too with the field research that has you repeating experiments.  Like, Perform Another Materials Study While Flying High, etc...

Looks like that particular type of contract didn't get moved over to the new syntax for uniqueness checking, and the backwards compatibility layer for it in Contract Configurator was broken.  Fixing it in both places for their respective next releases.

A bit of an oddity. So I'm trying to build out the Exodus Contract Pack (github), This is very early days yet, but I'm hoping for a playable release by the 1st of the month. 

However, I've run into a wall with Contract Configurator. My second "story mission" contract fails to load and I can find nothing whatsoever in eithr of the debug windows. The only place I find a reference to this otherwise silent failure is in the CC debug window, where up in the top left corner it says: "Successfully loaded one out of two contracts." 

What could cause this?  

5 hours ago, thedmbarlow said:

A bit of an oddity. So I'm trying to build out the Exodus Contract Pack (github), This is very early days yet, but I'm hoping for a playable release by the 1st of the month. 

However, I've run into a wall with Contract Configurator. My second "story mission" contract fails to load and I can find nothing whatsoever in eithr of the debug windows. The only place I find a reference to this otherwise silent failure is in the CC debug window, where up in the top left corner it says: "Successfully loaded one out of two contracts." 

What could cause this?  

Hard to say without more info, but there's some errors might not even make it that far, including:

1. Duplicated contract names
  2. Config file syntax errors (missing brackets)
  3. Incorrect Module Manager Syntax

More info! Whee! (It's payday today, sorry for the long wait)

Edit: Context:

This is the mission in question. It's #2 on a "story" tree I'm trying to build out. It's supposed to be unlocked immediately on completing the prior mission. 

AGENT
{
	name = Kerbal Space Agency (KSA)
	description = We are the organization you're running. We built KSC. You run us. 
	logoURL = 
	logoScaledURL =
}
CONTRACT_TYPE
{
	name = ExodusFirstStation
	title = Exodus Plan -- Your First Space Station
	group = ExodusStory

description = [KSA Tracking Station Dept.] Administrator - We have a plan. We're calling it "The Exodus Plan." Unfortunately that space rock we had you confirm for us is too large and too dense for us to redirect or destroy. So we had to start thinking out of the box. All of us are going to live in space. First, we need a space station & colony in orbit of Kerbin. This station will act as both a proof of concept and a mission setup point, so that we can send up the individual assemblies for later missions individually. We'll start with a basic station but we'll be sending you missions over time both to resupply it and to improve it's self-sufficicency. 

synopsis = Put a space station into high orbit (100,000km) of Kerbin. It needs to be sef-sustaining and to have at least 3 unused docking ports, and a permanent crew of 1 pilot, 1 scientist, and 1 engineer. It also needs a sufficient electrical system for it's chosen orbit, and a Nom-O-Matic, with at least 100 days worth of supplies. 

completedMessage = Thank you, Administrator. The people's hope lies in you from this point on.

agent = Kerbal Space Agency (KSA)
	cancellable = false
	declinable = false
	deadline = 0
	autoAccept = false
	targetBody = Kerbin
	maxCompletions = 1
	maxSimultaneous = 1

rewardScience = 50.0
	rewardReputation = 50.0
	rewardFunds = 100000.0
	failureReputation = 30.0
	failureFunds = 50000.0
	advanceFunds = 50000.0

PARAMETER
	{
		name = All
		type = A11
			PARAMETER
			{
				name = Param1
				type = Orbit
				targetBody = Kerbin
				situation = ORBITING
				minAltitude = 100000
			}

PARAMETER
			{
				name = Nom-O-Matic
				type = PartValidation
				part = Nom-O-Matic 5000 Greenhouse
				part = Nom-O-Matic 25000 Greenhouse
				minCount = 1
			}
			PARAMETER
			{
				name = DockingPorts
				type = PartValidation
				part = Clamp-O-Tron Jr.
				part = Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port
				part = Clamp-O-Tron Shielded Docking Port
				part = Clamp-O-Tron Sr. Docking Port
				part = Inline Clamp-O-Tron
				part = Mk2 Clamp-O-Tron
				minCount = 3
			}
			PARAMETER
			{
				name = ElectricalGen
				type = PartValidation
				part = Gigantor XL Solar Array
				part = OX-4W 2x3 Photovoltaic Panels
				part = OX-4L 1x6 Photovoltaic Panels
				part = SP-W 2x3 Photovoltaic Panels
				part = SP-L 1x6 Photovoltaic Panels
				part = OX-STAT Photovoltaic Panels
				part = PB-NUK Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator
				part = Fuel Cell
				part = Fuel Cell Array
				minCount = 2
			}
			PARAMETER	
			{
				name = InitialStationResource
				type = HasResource

RESOURCE
				{
					resource = Supplies
					minQuantity = 2000
					maxQuantity = 6000
				}
				RESOURCE
				{
					resource = Mulch
					minQuantity = 2000
					maxQuantity = 6000
				}
				RESOURCE
				{
					resource = ElectricCharge
					minQuantity = 400
					maxQuantity = 600
				}
			}
			PARAMETER
			{
				name = PilotParam
				type = HasCrew
				trait = Pilot
			}
			PARAMETER
			{
				name = EngiParam
				type = HasCrew
				trait = Engineer
			}
			PARAMETER
			{
				name = ScienParam
				type = HasCrew
				trait = Scientist
			}
			PARAMETER
			{
				name = FullCrew
				type = HasCrew
				minCrew = 3
			}
			REQUIREMENT
			{
				name = InitialOrbitComplete
				type = CompleteContract
				contractType = ExodusOrbitalContract
				minCount = 1
				maxCount = 1
			}
	}
}

Edited by thedmbarlow
I'm an idiot. :P ie, here's the necessary context

1 hour ago, thedmbarlow said:

Edit: Context:

This is the mission in question. It's #2 on a "story" tree I'm trying to build out. It's supposed to be unlocked immediately on completing the prior mission. 

<snip>

Lots of errors in the debug window (alt-f12):

TxjcqPK.png

Note that those same errors can be viewed in KSP.log.  I didn't look at all of them, but the part needs the part identifier, not the display name.  Look in the part's .cfg file under GameData/Squad/Parts to find the name.  For example, the "Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port" should be dockingPort2.

13 minutes ago, thedmbarlow said:

OK, see that I could've figured out. Here's the problem. 

<snip>

Right - that typically happens when there's a bug in the debug window itself.  I'd need to see the KSP.log file to say what the problem is though.

2 hours ago, thedmbarlow said:

<snip>

Just to let you know, you might want to fix your mission synopsis "high orbit (100,000km)" to "100,000m" or "100km".

Edited by Spheniscine

1 hour ago, Spheniscine said:

Just to let you know, you might want to fix your mission synopsis "high orbit (100,000km)" to "100,000m" or "100km".

Indeed. That sort of thing is on my list, you're quite right. I just wanted to deal with the missions actually working before I worried too much about things like grammar, accuracy & balancing. 

Edit: Might make more sense if I said the orbit was supposed to be MUCH higher in concept, in my head. 300K-500K

Edited by thedmbarlow
I'm awfully forgetful

19 minutes ago, thedmbarlow said:

Would something like this cause it?

UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)

Yes, but you've cut out all the useful bits.  I need to see that whole line and several lines after it (the stack trace).

I didn't mean to imply that was useful by itself, just confirm that it's a possible cause. However, I've cut nothing out of the line itself. Here's it and all following lines until the next heading. 

ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1)
	ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory:Load(ConfigNode)
	ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory:GenerateParameterFactory(ConfigNode, ContractType, ParameterFactory&, ParameterFactory)
	ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory:GenerateParameterFactory(ConfigNode, ContractType, ParameterFactory&, ParameterFactory)
	ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
	ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractConfig>d__1e:MoveNext()
	ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:Update()

8 hours ago, thedmbarlow said:

I didn't mean to imply that was useful by itself, just confirm that it's a possible cause. However, I've cut nothing out of the line itself. Here's it and all following lines until the next heading. 

ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1)
	ContractConfigurator.PartValidationFactory:Load(ConfigNode)
	ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
	ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractConfig>d__1e:MoveNext()
	ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:Update()

You're still missing information that I need (the actual exception).  Please just post the entire log (via dropbox or another file service).

Edited by nightingale