What missions would you say are the most enjoyable?

Rainbowtrout

Eve and Moho for me, but for different reasons. I get a real kick out of the challenge needed to return a soil sample from Eve, but Moho is fun in its own way because it's not as nerve rattling while still requiring enough delta-v that you end up building a huuuuge ship.

Explore missions.

Rescue missions.

For stock.

Go somewhere and DO something there beyond test a part... are the fun things. More variety in such missions would be great.

Such as:

Explore a specific location on the surface...

Rescue kerbals from the surface... complete with crashed crafts or from orbit out of damaged crafts.

Additional missions to put craft into specific orbits with specific hardware on board would be good too.

I would love missions chains as well where the text for the next one references what you did and learned from the previous one in the chain. This would allow for mini stories to be told...

You could be given a mission to get a kerbal to the Mun using only a certain set of parts... which most likely won't allow for them to get back... then the next mission is to rescue them...

Or your science probe mission reveals something interesting... and so a manned mission is next... which learned something that prompts a mission to another planet entirely...

ALL sorts of potential.

Minmus missions are always a lot of fun. Quick to visit, very low surface gravity, and nice colours - what more could you ask for?

When I'm in the mood for longer missions, it's hard to beat the Jool system. So many choices for destinations in such close proximity! Laythe is great for spectacular views and flying in the atmosphere. Tylo is good for a landing challenge. Pol is pretty and has the lowest useful surface gravity in the game. (Sorry Gilly, tired of sliding across your apparently frictionless surface. :P )

Love minmus missions, I love using my little ion emergency return to kerbin or go to gilly or like or mun rocket I put on my base for science at minmus contracts.

In my rss install it would be nowhere, as I have not managed to learn how to rss far and tac missions at once (fine one at a time).

For me, the most enjoyable missions are missions where you get to do something beyond the intended capabilities of your spacecraft. In the same vein, I also enjoy missions where something goes wrong, and you manage to fix the problem using only what you have in orbit.

To show you what I mean, take a look at this album from my Jool-5 Mission:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

See Images 21,22, 28-32, 38,39

I never planned or intended to dive into Jool's atmosphere to get science reports. However, using what I had at my disposable, I hobbled a ship together out of modules from my main ship to do the job. While the ship had no solar panels and it was missing a few science instruments, I managed to pull it off and bring back a few science reports.

THAT was one of the most satisfying parts of the mission.

My two favorite missions in stock are explore X, and about half of the testing parts missions. The former feel like the most complete contract missions, while the latter force me to get out of my design comfort zone to fulfill a zany objective. I'm less of a fan of testing contracts for old parts that cost more to carry out than I can get awarded for. Believe me, I try to bundle missions together whenever possible to save on launch money.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.