How do i make certain parts to be "tweakscale-able"?

Well, there's a mod called TweakScale that you can get by itself but it usually comes as part of other mods that use it, so check your Game Data folder to see if it's already there. If not, get it. If so, proceed to the next step.

Now open the .cfg file of any part that's already tweakable, or look in the TweakScale Module Manager .cfg files, and find the block of code you need. Then copy that to the part.cfg file you want to make tweakable. Or better yet, save it as your own Module Manager .cfg file so you don't edit the original part .cfgs.

The same sort of thing works with many other mods. For instance, you can add the KAS "grab" module code to any part to make it so Kerbals can pick it up on EVA.

Unknow0059, first, go to your Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScale directory, and then find the B9_TweakScale.cfg file.

For parts that don't used fixed diameters, you would copy and paste this at the end of that file:

@PART[B9_Structure_HX2_H] // HX Hangar 2

{

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = free

}

}

The red text is the part name, which can be found in the CFG file of the part you want to edit.

If you want to stick to a fixed diameter for stack-mounted items, such as fuel tanks or inline intakes, you would use this:

@PART[B9_Aero_Intake_CLR] // Circular Intake

{

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = stack

defaultScale = 1.25

}

}

When you see the items already included in the TweakScale file, the formating will make a lot more sense. Also, I haven't tried it, but based on my reading, and what my pea brain is able to comprehend, this will not work on wheels, since their colliders are a fixed size, or some such mumbo jumbo. :D

I added all the HX parts to the B9 TweakScale file, so I could make a proper spacedock in Kerbin orbit. :cool:

screenshot877.png?psid=1
Edited by Voculus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.