[0.90] Can't find my save files

KSP: 0.90 Windows 32bit

Problem: Can't find my save files

Mods installed:

StageRecovery v1.5.2.1

Basically, I was having a problem getting the mod I installed to work. After releasing that it is most likely an issue with the game being installed in C:/Program Files (x86)/ I decided to do the basic troubleshooting of running the program as an administrator. This worked, but I didn't have any of my save files.

So I have 2 different saves, one when running as administrator, one whilst not. When I go into the save file directory, it only shows the one when running it as an admin.

I don't suppose anyone would know where I can find the missing save file?

I could only get a log file for when running as an admin, when I don't run it as an admin the output_log.txt doesn't show up, probably due to write permissions.

Log file

Hi LordQuentiu, because you ran KSP in C:\Program Files I expect Windows either prevented the saves from being written (Data Execution Prevention) or automatically put them somewhere in your User folder.

Yeah I figured as much, they are somewhere though because they come back when I start the game again without running as administrator... Any idea where I could start looking?

I think it's a hidden folder, either directly in Users or in Application Settings.

My memory is hazy sorry, it's been a long time since I ran KSP on Windows.

If you have a unique name for your save then the folder will also have that name, you could do a file search for it.

I think it's a hidden folder, either directly in Users or in Application Settings.

My memory is hazy sorry, it's been a long time since I ran KSP on Windows.

If you have a unique name for your save then the folder will also have that name, you could do a file search for it.

That's a good idea, I will make a really weird name for a new save then look for that one!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.