Score that reflects how well you're doing and difficulty multiplier

Right now it doesn't really matter if you put the game on easy or hard, it's your own personal choice. There isn't really a feature that rewards making the game harder for yourself so why should you besides your desire to have a challenge in the game.

I propose a score that reflects how well you're doing:

- How many missions you've completed

- How many kerbals have died

- How many planets you've visited

- How much money you have

And on top of that a multiplier that reflects the difficulty, each difficulty option having a certain number e.g. turning off quicksaving multiplies the score by 1.3, turning off respawning multiplies by 1.5, etc.

That way cranking up the difficulty is reflected on your score and you can compare it to people who have a lower difficulty giving you an advantage over them. You can even have a global score list.

Nice concept, I like the idea. As much as I love the non-competetive aspect of KSP, and as such it's maybe not something I would take too seriously myself, it would be nice at times to have an idea how 'good' a player you are compared to others. Some players on the other hand would really love this. Wirking out the scoring criteria and getting the right balance could prove tricky though. But worth thinking about.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.