changing from 64 bit

Well, actually it's not very simple as we don't know what OS you use, whether you are on Steam or even if your PC is 64bit, you may not be able to use it at all :)

Edit:

Oh wait, from, well if you are using the store copy just run the KSP.exe or equivalent, if on Steam you are automatically already using the 32bit version unless you changed it yourself and if that's the case you can just change it back :)

Edited by sal_vager

Rigth i am on windows 7, I have KSP on steam i converted over ages ago probaly a stupid idea to to that, and i am running 64 bit at the moment

I am trying to change down to 32 for the career because it helps being on the 32 bit apparently

so being in 32 bit does not always help the bugs in carrer mode ?

Edited by switchem

Right, I thought you might be, unless modified the Steam client will start the 32bit version anyway and you can verify this in your KSP.log or just by starting a career game and looking at the buildings.

If you did change it you need to remove what you added to the special options box in the Steam client for KSP :)

I forget what it is called, "run options" or something, but seeing as you don't know it you're likely not even using 64bit, how do you know you are on 64bit?

Can you post your KSP.log please, it's in the game folder.

Edit:

It's in properties right click on KSP in the client, select the general tab and click on "Set launch options"

Edited by sal_vager

I've no idea on how you'd set up Nvidia Geforce Experience to run it, but if you open the folder that contains the game you can use the KSP.exe to start the 32bit version.

Surely you can edit it in Nvidia Geforce Experience to make it run the regular exe ?

Steam downloads both 32-bit and 64-bit clients. Its essentially just a separate exe. You could just rename the 64-bit exe file to KSP.exe and Steam would be none the wiser, or you can do what I did and add it to your games list as a separate "non-steam" game.

http://imgur.com/VwfyH4U

this is the geforce thing and is that the button i click it was active before and it still didnt fi the carrer mode problem

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgur.com/A9rZtDS

and this is my problem i can not see the space center with the buildings even tho it has the funds and reserch bar ath the top

Ahh that's the KSP launcher, not Steam, and even that will start the 32bit version of KSP by default as the 64bit version is buggy and experimental.

One way for you to check is to start a carer game, if your buildings look like they are fully upgraded and the same as in sandbox, you're playing KSPx64, if they look like this you are playing on 32 bit.

From the pic you linked it looks like you are suffering from a bug that can hit people who have removed addons that change career, or you need the fix here.

Edited by sal_vager

ok that hasnt seemed to work

Would i need to start a whole new career ? and scrach my exsisting ones?

I have started 3 and its fine until i reach an orbit and then it wont let me do things like get out of mison control and i asume all the other buildings back to the overveiw of the space center

It might require a new career yes, are you using any addons? Some addons seem to trigger this but we don't know exactly what yet.

You'll see null reference errors in the Alt+F2 debug log in KSP, and in both your KSP.log and output_log.txt, the last file can also point to what caused it but I'm guessing it's looking for the SciScenario module which is not stock.

You're likely already running x32 so starting KSP.exe won't help, and career is broken in x64.

Your logs would help with this, I'm moving this to support, you'll see links in my signature to both stock and modded support threads which will tell you where to find your logs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.