buying a better computer and need to move my game to it

I bought KSP about 6 weeks ago and installed it on my laptop. The laptop met the criteria (barely) to be able to run the game but is horrible around big stations with lots of parts. The frame rate goes down to almost unplayable. So, I decided to build a high end gaming type computer with the help of one of the IT guys from work. I have the lazor cam and B9 mods as well as sound editor on the laptop, which all work perfectly. My question is: Can I somehow copy my existing game from the laptop to the desktop? I have a bunch of saved ships in the VAB and some stations in orbit that took a HUGE amount of time to build. Please tell me that the game can be moved, intact, to the new computer...

If it cannot be copy-pasted, then there is something wrong and it's not a KSP problem. the \saves contains all your saves plus the scenarios and training missions. Your crafts you saved in the editor are also stored in there, so you move that over and you get everything.

I bought KSP about 6 weeks ago and installed it on my laptop. The laptop met the criteria (barely) to be able to run the game but is horrible around big stations with lots of parts. The frame rate goes down to almost unplayable. So, I decided to build a high end gaming type computer with the help of one of the IT guys from work. I have the lazor cam and B9 mods as well as sound editor on the laptop, which all work perfectly. My question is: Can I somehow copy my existing game from the laptop to the desktop? I have a bunch of saved ships in the VAB and some stations in orbit that took a HUGE amount of time to build. Please tell me that the game can be moved, intact, to the new computer...

I have had some success finally finding a screen resolution other than 1920 x 1080 that does not flatten objects vertically. The lowest resolution was 1280 x 720 and this sped up the game. I don't have a laptop, I have a Dual core 3 ghz on a Solid state drive and those big stations are stifflingly slow.

Albeit I can make stations in 0.90 bigger and more realistic relative to 0.25 and the Karmony modules prolly need to be tweeked . . . . .

Before you waste alot of time transferring, have you explored all the new features in VABs translation and rotation modes, I found the stations I could build using these tools a whole lot better designed than in pre 0.90. I have basically dumped all my 0.25 constructs, and also removing alot of modded parts from pre 0.90 simply because with new parts they are obsolete.

I have had some success finally finding a screen resolution other than 1920 x 1080 that does not flatten objects vertically. The lowest resolution was 1280 x 720 and this sped up the game. I don't have a laptop, I have a Dual core 3 ghz on a Solid state drive and those big stations are stifflingly slow.

Albeit I can make stations in 0.90 bigger and more realistic relative to 0.25 and the Karmony modules prolly need to be tweeked . . . . .

Before you waste alot of time transferring, have you explored all the new features in VABs translation and rotation modes, I found the stations I could build using these tools a whole lot better designed than in pre 0.90. I have basically dumped all my 0.25 constructs, and also removing alot of modded parts from pre 0.90 simply because with new parts they are obsolete.

Apparently, I wasnt getting updated using the laptop. I downloaded the game from the KSP website to the new computer and didn't really notice that it was different... What a surprise when I opened the VAB and everything was different!

I found that the stations I've already built were running at zero lag (that I could see) What a joy! I docked a largish refueler to my biggest station and it was smooth as silk! I honestly dont know how I was able to build anything with my old computer.

I may have to scrap my old stuff.

My new system: Intel quad i7-3770k, AS Rock Z97 motherboard, intel 730SSHD, windows 7 pro OS, 2TB Western digital HDD, 16GB RAM, GEForce 750Ti video card, Razer deathstalker lighted keyboard and taipan mouse and a nice lighted case...

Edited by vixr

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.