girka2k

[1.4.*] [2.5.3] (2018-04-06) UbioZur Welding Ltd. Continued

Recommended Posts

So its not the weld but the change to the parts that breaks things?  Is there any way other than redoing the welds, any file editing?  The reason I ask is I have a few welded pieces that are key parts of stations and large spacecraft that are in flight, and losing them on loading the game would blow up my career game.  I'm still on 1.2.2, but all my key mods have finally 1.3.0 updated (or can be managed with file editing), except for this problem.

I'd hate to start over from scratch yet again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

So its not the weld but the change to the parts that breaks things?  Is there any way other than redoing the welds, any file editing?  The reason I ask is I have a few welded pieces that are key parts of stations and large spacecraft that are in flight, and losing them on loading the game would blow up my career game.  I'm still on 1.2.2, but all my key mods have finally 1.3.0 updated (or can be managed with file editing), except for this problem.

I'd hate to start over from scratch yet again.

 

Keep the mods on the old version, that will not break stuff.
Since the weldments are onle referencing the parts of the other mods, it would require a lot of manual editing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alewx said:

But good news I found a bit of time to hopefully fix the welded meshswitch with empty entries.

Thank you, and welcome back! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:( don't know if its caused by new version of ksp but i cant weld more than 200 parts, more crashes the game :(.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Alteroz said:

:( don't know if its caused by new version of ksp but i cant weld more than 200 parts, more crashes the game :(.

In theory the mod can handle an unlimited amount of parts.
Crashing the game sounds more like you do not have enough RAM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Alewx said:

In theory the mod can handle an unlimited amount of parts.
Crashing the game sounds more like you do not have enough RAM.

Well, i was building craft for Matchlight for trailer and it had 1700 parts, and my game crashed without mods, and i have 16 gb ddr4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alteroz said:

Well, i was building craft for Matchlight for trailer and it had 1700 parts, and my game crashed without mods, and i have 16 gb ddr4.

I think you can see my signature, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alewx said:

I think you can see my signature, right?

Signature? you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Signature? you mean?

HOW TO GET SUPPORT - Read before posting

Modcreators can not guess what is going wrong without any Information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alewx said:

HOW TO GET SUPPORT - Read before posting

Modcreators can not guess what is going wrong without any Information.

Ow, yes, logs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alewx said:

Thanks, but can you post the ksp.log, that would help me greatly.

If you would say where to find it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alteroz said:

If you would say where to find it...

Just the main ksp Folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alewx said:

Thanks but that is not one where a Crash happend due to the welding.

But I saw that your contractsapp mod seems to have a Problem.

Huh, weird, what is the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Alteroz said:

Huh, weird, what is the problem?

the contracts app, is havinga  null pointer exception.

But about welding there is no Report in that log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, Alewx said:

Ubiowelding can not break the game.

The Moment where you ppl update the mods and the parts, break the weldments and therefore the game. You have to reweld everytime a new version of the game comes out and someone updates the parts.

No aimated parts still do not work, because the module that handles the antimation is not designed to handle multiple models at the same time.

And no I can not fix that.

Writing the iva merge was a pain, so no there is no easy fix for it.

But good news I found a bit of time to hopefully fix the welded meshswitch with empty entries.

I never said the "mod" broke the game, the welded parts break the game. I installed UBIWeld "AFTER"... let me state again.... AFTER the 1.3 update. Every time I create a welded part (simple weld like two fuel tanks) the game crashes when I try to reload.

FYI... 16gig DDR4, i7 at 4.3ghz, GTX 980 Ti, Win8.1 64bit

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance of a backported 1.2.2 version of the fix? Still waiting for some planet packs to make the leap to 1.3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Weywot8 said:

Any chance of a backported 1.2.2 version of the fix? Still waiting for some planet packs to make the leap to 1.3.

You can fork and recompile it simply against 1.2.2 it does look like not much changed for welding in the two versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way to disable Body lift on welded parts? I'm trying to use part welder to circumvent a bug with KSP's aero that keeps randomly sending my craft in an equally random direction because the poor body lift can't handle my crafts reasonable design :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bloojay said:

Is there any way to disable Body lift on welded parts? I'm trying to use part welder to circumvent a bug with KSP's aero that keeps randomly sending my craft in an equally random direction because the poor body lift can't handle my crafts reasonable design :mad:

Sorry nope currently not possible.
you have to edit the weldment afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alewx said:

Sorry nope currently not possible.
you have to edit the weldment afterwards.

Yeah that's what I mean, and there doesn't appear to be a convenient "Turn Off body lift" button anywhere in the weldament file. I've even set the Aero model from "Default" to "none" after some snooping around how to edit part config files, and it didn't really do anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.