[1.0.5] Contract Pack: SCANSat [v0.6.0] [2016-01-19]

DBT85

Hi, I got this mod from CKAN, but I cant complete some contracts. One of the parameters of the orbit of Mun and Minmus orbit is to have a period below 00:00:00

Obviously an orbital period of that cant be achieved so the contract wont complete. Ive added link to screenshot that shows the problem.

Altimetry scan of kerbin worked fine

Altimetry scan of mun and minmus both have that parameter

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=411706481

One of these contracts, generated a multisprectral scan. The problem is it also has a parameter requiring a minimum period of 0:00:00. I don't know how one would accomplish that. Is this what you would expect?

One of these contracts, generated a multisprectral scan. The problem is it also has a parameter requiring a minimum period of 0:00:00. I don't know how one would accomplish that. Is this what you would expect?

Can you confirm you are on the latest version of Contract Configurator:

Can you confirm which version of contact Configurator you're on? That bug was introduced in 0.7.1, but should've been fixed in 0.7.2

I'm currently running 0.7.3, but now that you mention this, I think the contract was probably generated while I was still on an earlier one. I'll cancel the contract and see what the next one looks like.

Thanks,

d.

I'm currently running 0.7.3, but now that you mention this, I think the contract was probably generated while I was still on an earlier one. I'll cancel the contract and see what the next one looks like.

Thanks,

d.

Ah yes, forgot to mention that as a possibility.

I'm doing the last contracts in this pack right now, Jool ones for me. I'd say the Periapsis demand for Tylo is rather extreme. There's only 60m between the highest and lowest accepted value and seeing as all other contracts usually give at least a few kilometers I assume this is a bug?

I'm doing the last contracts in this pack right now, Jool ones for me. I'd say the Periapsis demand for Tylo is rather extreme. There's only 60m between the highest and lowest accepted value and seeing as all other contracts usually give at least a few kilometers I assume this is a bug?

I'd log a bug in GitHub. DBT85 hasn't been seen around these parts in some time, but assuming he comes back or someone else picks this up, it'd be good to get it tracked there.

I'm playing on 64k, so I'm guessing those orbits aren't ideal for my game. Has anyone else edited the configs to make the contracts better for the larger bodies? Or even just a rough guess at what a good orbit would be. I've never actually used SCANsat so I have no idea. Thanks!

I'm playing on 64k, so I'm guessing those orbits aren't ideal for my game. Has anyone else edited the configs to make the contracts better for the larger bodies? Or even just a rough guess at what a good orbit would be. I've never actually used SCANsat so I have no idea. Thanks!

The ideal altitudes come from this thread. You could hypothetically use technogeeky's tool and input the 64k modified values for planetary mass and radius - but it looks like you need to have MatLab installed to get his tool working. I haven't heard of anyone otherwise modifying this to work with any flavour of RSS.

Sorry for my absence, loads of fun stuff going on outside of KSP so I've been busy! I didn't even think about the duration parameter needing to be on a vessel in focus so I'll remove it hopefully tomorrow.

Was this ever done?

I am using contract pack v0.5.0, Contract configurator v0.7.9, and SCANsat v10.0 (all up to date according to CKAN) and every time I go back to my scan probe it says I have 1 day 29 minutes and 59 seconds to go, even if it was lower the last time I left.

Was this ever done?

I am using contract pack v0.5.0, Contract configurator v0.7.9, and SCANsat v10.0 (all up to date according to CKAN) and every time I go back to my scan probe it says I have 1 day 29 minutes and 59 seconds to go, even if it was lower the last time I left.

It's not supposed to reset on that case. Could you send me your save file and I will take a look.

Update: I've got a partial working fix for this (part of the problem is a bug in Contract Configurator). However, to get the full fix, there's some changes required to the contract pack. I can make the changes and throw a pull request DBT85's way, but no idea if he'll be able to make a release - he's been AWOL for some time.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, sent a pull request to DBT85. Let's see where it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

85 and 94 are different in the same way that 0 and 180 are different (one is prograde, the other is retrograde). For the SCANsat "ideal" altitudes, it will make a difference in the scanning time. That being said, I disagree with the super-precise orbital requirements in this contract pack - my opinion is it should be far more open.

Anyway, that aside - you'll have to change your orbital inclination by about 10 degrees to move from 85 to 94 degrees to meet the contract.

You've been tricked! The SCANsat contracts don't generate orbital lines - I think that's from an entirely different contract. Note also that the "achieve an orbit with parameters..." parameter is checked. The only one not checked is a timer that is counting down.... so all you need to do is wait until the timer hits zero.

EDIT: Nevermind... I was wrong. DBT85 did a weird thing with these contracts.

The orbit line is from this contract. But the line doesn't actually DO anything, it's just for reference. And in this case, it looks like it is either wrong, or you are 180 degrees off from what the line indicates. Either way - the orbit you have is fine.

Edited by nightingale
I was wrong.

I have a problem with the crontract "Maxwell2". The inclination is 85, but the vesell is on the line and the instruments say 94. The ticket isnt checked. The orbits "An" "Dn" "Ap" "Pe" dont show.

http://i.imgur.com/HPXklNLl.png

You have managed to get on the line going the wrong way, if you watch the animation your will see bright spots going around the desired orbit going the opposite way from you. Having said that, if the contract, when viewed in the contracts building under active quests doesn't show a required argument of periapsis or longitude of ascending node then you don't actually have to be on the exact line shown on the map. So like nightingale says just change your inclination to match, making sure the other listed requirements are still met.

To sum up, the orbit shown in the map is only an example. Follow what the contract text says.

Is there a way to remove the part prerequisits so that the contracts show imediately? Somehow I won't get the first contract.

I use the DM orbital science and the adios techtree. I guess the scanner is not recognized due to one of those two mods.

Thanx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.