Concerning The Disappearance Of "The Next Frontier"

JakeGrey

Just so everyone's aware of the fact, the moderators have decided to remove The Next Frontier from this site because it contains content that's not suitable for an all-ages forum like this one. I'm not going to pretend I'm happy about this, but I have had a perfectly civil discussion with Master Tao on the issue and I can't really argue with the reasoning behind the decision. I have also not been subjected to any official sanction for -let's face it- not so much bending board rules as tying them in knots, despite the fact they have ample grounds for slapping me with a lengthy ban according to a strict interpretation of forum policy, so please let's not have any board drama over this issue.

I can't link to the thread directly, but if you want to re-read the story and follow the as-yet untitled sequel, please come find me at one of the following forums:

Spacebattles

Sufficient Velocity

Stardestroyer.net

At some point there'll also be a PDF or other ebook edition, but that's a long-term project.

Thanks to everyone for their advice, support and encouragement throughout the writing process of this story; it means an awful lot to me. Hope to see you all elsewhere on the internet.

Can you give me a rough outline of said unsuitable content?

Strong language, some rather off-colour jokes and a large amount of on-page violence near the climax. And I would again like to emphasise that Tao Master and I had a perfectly civil discussion on the subject and I bear the moderators no ill-will, so I don't want to hear about people yelling at them for just doing their jobs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.