Preferred Version of Linux

DuoDex

I'm nearing the close of my PC build, and although my main OS will be Windows 7 (of course), I will be playing some 64-bit KSP. What with the absolute instability of the 64-bit builds so far, and the recent announcement about 64-bit, it looks like it's going to be on Linux.

So my question to all y'all is "What's your preferred Linux system? For KSP or otherwise?"

Linux Mint (with whatever desktop Environs you like, I would suggest Xfce or Mate over Cinnamon, less resource use for useless eye candy)

Second Linux Mint MATE. Never tried Xfce, so I can't say how it compares to MATE, but on my system MATE ran much faster than either Cinnamon or KDE.

Both my Linux machines use some form of Xubuntu. One is a Mythbuntu box, the other is a laptop I'd loaded Quimo onto. Both are, by default, based off Xubuntu, though you can use the programs in any flavor of Ubuntu. I do like XFCE, way more than the limited time I fought with Unity.

However, my main computer is Windows, so that's what I KSP on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.