[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

One of the things I have noticed, and not sure if this is correct, but it seems that some mods seem to work when they install in the "GameData" folder, and some don't. (yes, the mods say .20)

I'm using Mod Manager (latest) and it correctly installs MOD's into their appropriate sub-directory, but when I go to run the game, plugins or parts are not working or shown. I still have to physically move the parts to the "parts" directory and plugins into the appropriate plugin directory as well as interior views and especially ships that come with the mod!.

Is this correct? Seems the process is only working (in my opinion) about 1/2 way!

TB

Edited by TBryson2

One of the things I have noticed, and not sure if this is correct, but it seems that some mods seem to work when they install in the "GameData" folder, and some don't. (yes, the mods say .20)

I'm using Mod Manager (latest) and it correctly installs MOD's into their appropriate sub-directory, but when I go to run the game, plugins or parts are not working or shown. I still have to physically move the parts to the "parts" directory and plugins into the appropriate plugin directory as well as interior views and especially ships that come with the mod!.

Is this correct? Seems the process is only working (in my opinion) about 1/2 way!

TB

This will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

Some of the bugs you have reported in regards to the textures not loading and such have actually identified these issues :)

Hey, just a heads up, I've posted a log in this thread.

For now just set the loading distance to default in the lazor powered menu in the space center. I got plans to finally fix this bug im just waiting on ksp updates to do so.

I'm having difficulty with the tractor beams for hovering. No matter how evenly distributed they are, how they are pointed, how much power I give them, or whether the "STABALIZOR" is on or off, they just want to push either the nose or the tail up and nothing else.

I can't even get it to evenly hover a perfect square with 1 laser on each corner and a 5th dead center. It constantly wants to flip over and I don't know why.

I'm having difficulty with the tractor beams for hovering. No matter how evenly distributed they are, how they are pointed, how much power I give them, or whether the "STABALIZOR" is on or off, they just want to push either the nose or the tail up and nothing else.

I can't even get it to evenly hover a perfect square with 1 laser on each corner and a 5th dead center. It constantly wants to flip over and I don't know why.

Is your craft perfectly balanced?

Are you pointing the lazors down at the ground?

I just made this video for you. Hopefully it helps

I was messing around with pretty much the same parts you're using in that video before I posted earlier. Just a square plate, 5 magenta lasers, the small octagonal probe and the laser control jr stack. It's center of mass was dead center, the lasers were pointed directly at the ground, but it just kept wanting to pitch the nose or tail (would change every time I restarted the flight) instead of being evenly distributing the thrust.

@Romfarer I was pointed in your direction for this problem. Issue I'm having is with launching Bobcat's Mir station parts. Once it passes 10k and starts its gravity turn I start to lose control of the ship. The Camera disconnects, falling back a stage at a time until it falls away from the ship completely. This seems to be a 0.20 or 0.20.1 issue. The log seems to indicate that the game thinks the Mir Probe is being destroyed when it in fact isn't. If I shut the engines down and quickly switch to the tracking station then back to the ship in flight and restart the engines the problem corrects itself, for about 10-15 seconds then starts again until I pass 45-50km when it stops occurring. I honestly don't know what's going on. I have the new 0.20 ver of docking cam and removed the older copies that Bobcat packed into his parts packs. This zip file contains the craft file I used as well as the output_log file.

I hope this helps.

list of my current mods for reference

KSPX 0.20

Kethane (user fixed)

Bobcat's ISS, American Pack, Soviet Pack, H.O.M.E. Starter Pack

FusTek Station parts

Quantum Fuel Transfer, Quantum Struts,

Tac Fuel Balancer

Mechjeb 2.0.8

Chatterer

Aviation Lights

and the Warp Nacelle mod (part no plugin)

System specs - Acer Aspre 5733 Intel I3-370M 2.4ghz, 6gb ddr3 ram, Intel HD Graphics (laptop can't fix that)

http://www./download/d7299ivv9h0nrpr/MIr_Launch_Problems_craft_And_Outout_log_File.zip

Edited by HGGundamReviews

For now just set the loading distance to default in the lazor powered menu in the space center. I got plans to finally fix this bug im just waiting on ksp updates to do so.

Seems to fix it, thanks!

@Romfarer I was pointed in your direction for this problem. Issue I'm having is with launching Bobcat's Mir station parts. Once it passes 10k and starts its gravity turn I start to lose control of the ship. The Camera disconnects, falling back a stage at a time until it falls away from the ship completely. This seems to be a 0.20 or 0.20.1 issue. The log seems to indicate that the game thinks the Mir Probe is being destroyed when it in fact isn't. If I shut the engines down and quickly switch to the tracking station then back to the ship in flight and restart the engines the problem corrects itself, for about 10-15 seconds then starts again until I pass 45-50km when it stops occurring. I honestly don't know what's going on. I have the new 0.20 ver of docking cam and removed the older copies that Bobcat packed into his parts packs. This zip file contains the craft file I used as well as the output_log file.

I hope this helps.

list of my current mods for reference

KSPX 0.20

Kethane (user fixed)

Bobcat's ISS, American Pack, Soviet Pack, H.O.M.E. Starter Pack

FusTek Station parts

Quantum Fuel Transfer, Quantum Struts,

Tac Fuel Balancer

Mechjeb 2.0.8

Chatterer

Aviation Lights

and the Warp Nacelle mod (part no plugin)

System specs - Acer Aspre 5733 Intel I3-370M 2.4ghz, 6gb ddr3 ram, Intel HD Graphics (laptop can't fix that)

http://www./download/d7299ivv9h0nrpr/MIr_Launch_Problems_craft_And_Outout_log_File.zip

What version of the Soviet Pack are ya using. The first one Bobcat put out after 0.20 hit had issues, you may wanna redownload it to make sure your using the fixed soviet pack

I'm using the 1.8.4 version but the only difference between the two is Rom's DLL which I deleted when I installed the updated docking cam, Also deleted the rom plugindata folders in the soviet pack and ISS pack to be safe.
Did you delete the old KAS plugin?

I figured it out now. I didn't realize that the orientation of the line on the laser model affected where the laser could actually shoot, so even though the visual effect of the laser showed them shooting into the ground, 2 of them were actually shooting sideways.

Yay, nice video, thanks :)

Edited by Romfarer

ehm.... i don't know if what i will saying is already been said, but i have a problem. when i open the "Subsystems", the word, exemple, "Lazor Guided Flight" appears, but i can't open that.

loCtYvt.jpg

Edited by SiceX

ehm.... i don't know if what i will saying is already been said, but i have a problem. when i open the "Subsystems", the word, exemple, "Lazor Guided Flight" appears, but i can't open that.

loCtYvt.jpg

Looks like you are missing the textures, make sure you only have one Romfarer.dll in your GameData. The soviet pack had it in, in an earlier version.

Not sure if it has been asked, but can anyone tell me why the fuel transfer system just randomly quits? I'm at about 300 meters from the target, have the main lazor and yellow lazor pointed directly at my target, but just randomly, the system shuts down. I've got a tonne of electrical power at my disposal (8 RTGs, as well as 4 large solar panels) but I either have to quit right out of KSP or relaunch my saved game. Going back to the station, then going back to the flight just doesn't seem to work. Everything shows green. I've got the target locked, I can see the status report that the target goes out of range, then comes back, but, I just can't seem to transfer resources.

I found a bug in the robotic arm. Flying a Space Shuttle (CSS), I've extracted Unity node for the ISS from the bay, moved it to the dock, then released (all using Buran's robotic arm). The node snapped onto the dock, and upon docking, the arm camera disappeared and arm was no longer usable, though still drawing power. The switch to activate/deactivate camera was still present, but didn't do anything except toggle the power drain. The situation returned to normal after returning to tracking station and back to the shuttle. I managed to reproduce it.

Not sure if it has been asked, but can anyone tell me why the fuel transfer system just randomly quits? I'm at about 300 meters from the target, have the main lazor and yellow lazor pointed directly at my target, but just randomly, the system shuts down. I've got a tonne of electrical power at my disposal (8 RTGs, as well as 4 large solar panels) but I either have to quit right out of KSP or relaunch my saved game. Going back to the station, then going back to the flight just doesn't seem to work. Everything shows green. I've got the target locked, I can see the status report that the target goes out of range, then comes back, but, I just can't seem to transfer resources.

Does the yellow lazors have line of sight to your target vessel? The system is designed to set fuel transfer rate based on the number of yellow lazors with line of sight to the target vessel. In addition the distance also matters, but you will only see deminishing returns beyond 500 meter. There is also a max range for the transfer where the transfer as the deminishing returns will eventually lead to 0 transfer rate.

If it is not working like this, please take note of what actually happends and give me some steps to reproduce the bug, thanks.

I found a bug in the robotic arm. Flying a Space Shuttle (CSS), I've extracted Unity node for the ISS from the bay, moved it to the dock, then released (all using Buran's robotic arm). The node snapped onto the dock, and upon docking, the arm camera disappeared and arm was no longer usable, though still drawing power. The switch to activate/deactivate camera was still present, but didn't do anything except toggle the power drain. The situation returned to normal after returning to tracking station and back to the shuttle. I managed to reproduce it.

hmm, i need exact steps to reproduce for this bug, and along with the full log for when after this have happened.

Edited by Romfarer

Hi Romfarer,

Can you please introduce some sort of oscillation damper perhaps for when the arm is attached to something and then it slowly but surely starts oscillations that lead to destruction. Like, I don't know, resonance detection or something as there clearly is something resonating. It really drives me nuts that after I spend like 20 minutes lining modules up only for it to start oscillating and shake itself apart...

Thank you in advance!

hmm, i need exact steps to reproduce for this bug, and along with the full log for when after this have happened.

I'll soon try to reproduce it on BobCat's Buran, I'll post a log then.

Hi Romfarer,

Can you please introduce some sort of oscillation damper perhaps for when the arm is attached to something and then it slowly but surely starts oscillations that lead to destruction. Like, I don't know, resonance detection or something as there clearly is something resonating. It really drives me nuts that after I spend like 20 minutes lining modules up only for it to start oscillating and shake itself apart...

Thank you in advance!

you can stop the oscilation with struts. As in strut the base of the arm to the vessel, just like you would do with any unstable part. The robotic arms is the most unstable part in the game, and it gets progressively unstable the more mass you lift with it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.