[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

I went to download the laser weapons pack and it didn't have the bombs :(.

Can someone tell me how to get the bombs pack or show me the download Link? (Not the missiles, some people get confused with that).

I just use the missiles as dumb bombs. If you mount the missiles on decouplers, then fire the decoupler, they will drop as would a normal bomb would. They still detonate on impact, too.

Having issues with docking camera, for some reason I get a lot of noise on the screen. If anyone knows of a way to resolve this issue that would be great, might possibly have to do with refresh rate, I'll have to check. Anyways if anyone can help that would be great, pic below for what it currently looks like.

Also, experiencing a fair bit of crashing, seems to be caused by a memory leak, not sure if the cause is related to the graphical issues, or possibly just the use of the docking cam. I'll have to play the game without using the docking cam and see if i can replicate the problem. Anyways, one problem at a time.

EDIT: So after some time, I seem to get no more memory leaks, the only thing I changed was wiping out my debris. Even though I didn't have a lot of debris, there must have been conflicts since the new mod patches. All is well there.

Also, I fiddled with everything in my graphics setting to get the docking cam to work and look correct, and I came up empty. Nothing I did changed the effect on the camera so I'm still stumped over that.

http://i.imgur.com/4b8hGJw.jpg

Is the red grain on the docking cam normal?

http://i.imgur.com/hNEgFd6l.png

I'm using the standalone version.

Can anyone possibly provide some insight on this issue?

Regarding the Robotic Arms pack, is there in the works an update to fix the control problem of what is grabbed going wild? I love the arms and design, which is why I've been trying to make them work. :)

Edited by JeffreyCor

There seems to be some kind of conflict between this mod and Kethane. I'm not the only one. This one is an odd one because Kethane looks to only half load.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/23979-Kethane-Pack-0-8-4-Find-it-mine-it-burn-it%21-Now-w-Toolbar-Critical-bug-fixed?p=861826&viewfull=1#post861826

I had this mod installed first, and it worked right out of the box. I had made a couple of rovers, transferred electricity between them, and was content that it was working. I had left KSP alone for a while. Tonight, I decided I wanted Kethane, so I went and installed it. It LOOKED like it worked, and installed correctly (The grid on the planet is a dead giveaway), but when I started a new Sandbox mode to `play`, no Kethane parts were there. I checked the debug stuff, saw that there was mention of Kethane parts, and stuff, checked the log file and saw that it successfully loaded Kethane stuff, so I was scratching my head over this. I then went backwards in time through Majiirs thread to see if I could find something about Kethane needing to be 'activated' in Sandbox mode, but, came across the aforementioned link first. I removed the Romfarer directory, relaunched, and all the Kethane parts are available.

I'm not pinning this on YOU, but just wondering, from your angle, what might the cause be?

Hello Romfahre,

i installed the lazor System version 32b and the lazor Guided Weapons(http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/lazor-guided-weapons/) but it only shows me the items of the lazor system an not the missiles. I guess the missiles should be in the science tab, i looked in every tab but i couldnt find it. There was no crash and i couldnt find something suspicious in the debug screen( alt + F12 ). Is it a bug or was it the wrong download-page?

but thanks for this cool mod :D

Windows7

Ksp .23

Edited by ChocoCookieWithMilk
spelling mistake

Regarding the Robotic Arms pack, is there in the works an update to fix the control problem of what is grabbed going wild? I love the arms and design, which is why I've been trying to make them work. :)

This is a physics issue inherent in the way the game engine works (you can see the same effect with KAS). If you're using the robotic arm in space, the best way to avoid the problem is to disable any and all reaction wheels on both the ship with the arm attached and the vessel you intend to grab, and also if possible exit to the space center and return, which puts the vessels 'on rails' and removes residual movement. Also unless the item you're grabbing is very small and light, use Caps Lock to reduce the movement speed of the arm.

Hello Romfahre,

i installed the lazor System version 32b and the lazor Guided Weapons(http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/lazor-guided-weapons/) but it only shows me the items of the lazor system an not the missiles. I guess the missiles should be in the science tab...

Yes, they should appear in that place. The three directories containing the missile parts should be installed under KSP\GAMEDATA\ROMFARER\Parts , if that is where they are, look in the KSP.log for any error messages relating to the Lazor system and its parts.

This is a physics issue inherent in the way the game engine works (you can see the same effect with KAS). If you're using the robotic arm in space, the best way to avoid the problem is to disable any and all reaction wheels on both the ship with the arm attached and the vessel you intend to grab, and also if possible exit to the space center and return, which puts the vessels 'on rails' and removes residual movement. Also unless the item you're grabbing is very small and light, use Caps Lock to reduce the movement speed of the arm.

Actually before finding these arms I used KAS in space with an arm a put together and did not have this problem, which is exactly why I asked if this one was being worked on since I liked these better. :) While I CAN get the same problem with KAS, using undocked mode resolves the problem entirely. While the magnet there doesn't have an undocked option, which is why I used the hook, I would imagine there should be some way.

I will certainly try the disabling of wheels on the host vessel (there was none on the target and made of only 2 light pieces). Anything that might work is worth a shot :)

...used KAS in space with an arm a put together and did not have this problem... Anything that might work is worth a shot :)

How did the size of the KAS arm compare? I think it's partly the length of the robotic arm and it's own mass that have to be considered, and the effect of the magnetic grab. If you've ever watched the real thing in use on the ISS you will know how excruciatingly slowly they have to move it, for pretty much the same reasons :) Such a severe problem with a light target of two pieces sounds extreme though, there must be forces sneaking in from somewhere. Good luck.

Yes, they should appear in that place. The three directories containing the missile parts should be installed under KSP\GAMEDATA\ROMFARER\Parts , if that is where they are, look in the KSP.log for any error messages relating to the Lazor system and its parts.

Lol now it works i insalled it wrong xD

Edited by ChocoCookieWithMilk

How did the size of the KAS arm compare? I think it's partly the length of the robotic arm and it's own mass that have to be considered, and the effect of the magnetic grab. If you've ever watched the real thing in use on the ISS you will know how excruciatingly slowly they have to move it, for pretty much the same reasons :) Such a severe problem with a light target of two pieces sounds extreme though, there must be forces sneaking in from somewhere. Good luck.

It was roughly the same size as the shuttle one. I did indeed notice the speed issue, had to turn the IR speed down to .1 in some cases. The good news is these arms do work wonderful on the moon construction truck especially in combination with the EVA lazor functions. Finally getting the moon base I wanted without it blowing itself up :D

I'm using the docking cam... but I'm regularly getting spammed with null reference exceptions. Does this have issues with other mods? At present I just have to remove anything by Romfarer and my game runs fine. But I really want my docking cam!

When the bug occurs I cant access the game menu or quicksave... so its a game killer.

I'm using the docking cam... but I'm regularly getting spammed with null reference exceptions. Does this have issues with other mods?...

None that I'm aware of, and I run a lot. I think you need to try to isolate the cause, because it's not the Romfarer plugin, assuming you're using the current release.

Did you manage to fix it? Or do you just not use Romfarer stuff any more...

I have it fixed (knock on wood, don't want to jinx it now :) ). Here is all the mods I'm using (current versions too) in case it helps:

Toolbar, Action Group Manager, Atmospheric Sound Enhancement, Beastly Science, BioMass, Crew Manifest, Deadly Reentry, Extraplanetary Launchpads, Orbital Contstruction Re-Redux, Firespitter, Ion Hybred Electric, KAS, Kethane, L-Tech, Infernal Robotics, Procedural Fairings, Smart Parts, MechJeb, Near Future, DORMOMAN, Nova Punch, Osprey Afterburnders, PWB Engine Fairings, Real Chutes, Remote Tech, Lazor System (plus the camera and robotic arms), SCANSat, Scene Jumper, Surface Lights, Targetron, Tarsier Space Tech, TAC Life Support and Fuel Balancer, Tweakable Everything, Wolf Pack Aeronautics, and Module Manager.

I am running Mechjeb, B9 Aerospace, and TRYING to get the Romfarer lazor pack to work.

I extracted the Romfarer base and the Lazor Guided bombs pack to Gamedata, but neither are working... Running 0.23 KSP and Windows 7... Please help! I really like the Lazor system for the Flight Guidance (makes flying larger, less responsive aircraft a DREAM) and cannot play without it anymore. :X

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.