TCP connections

Hi,

I was wondering what might cause KSP to make a connection to the USA, even with all the options disabled.

connection proof:

my0ZcLt.png

Ligações TCP=TCP connections

Filtrados por KSP= Filtered by KSP

That ip is from somewhere in Chantilly, Virginia.

CALL_HOME = False

DONT_SEND_IP = True

SEND_PROGRESS_DATA = False

CHECK_FOR_UPDATES = False

I honestly don't know if you can get to it again from the GUI. You can edit settings.cfg to turn it off, if you don't change many of your settings from defaults you can also safely delete settings.cfg and start again, but that loses all Graphics, Audio and more importantly Input settings which take a long time to set up for gamepads and joysticks.

The IP resolves to softlayer.com, a hosting service. Is this a stock install? I know some mods check for updates (though you have to permit them to do so).

Indeed, an IBM subdivision.

Would this have anything to do with regard to starting KSP via the KSP.exe or Launcher.exe ?

I own the server in question.

I don't know exactly what it's doing, since there are a number of services running on that IP. It's possible that a mod (or mod manager) is checking for updates or downloading new versions, since I'm hosting some projects for other folks. It's also possible that you have an old copy of ModStatistics floating around. If that's the case, you can either (a) set "disabled=true" in GameData/ModStatistics/settings.cfg or (B) delete all copies of ModStatistics.dll in your GameData directory.

That said, I don't touch that server these days, so I wouldn't worry too much in either case.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.