Delta Industries - Next:Project Daedalus (11th May)

Delt4

I meant the kill rotation function from mechjeb, but it could also work with SAS.

ah yes.

in the vid, how did u launch from runway? did you land there or do you have a sneak peak of v0.15 :P

ah yes.

in the vid, how did u launch from runway? did you land there or do you have a sneak peak of v0.15 :P

I just launched from the launchpad and landed there you can see it also at the MET

I thought a bit about what i could model next and i think i found something

Project Daedalus

Daedalus.png

I know the Daedalus has 6 propellant tanks but i don\'t how i can place them properly.

EDIT:added upper stage

EDIT2:More Detail

Daedalus2.pngDaedalus4.png

The detailed fuel tanks on Daedalus...

Huge_item_holyhandgrenade_01.png

I just tryed to build it from this concept :)

adrianmann1big.jpg

How would you feel if I made an official trailer for this mod? ;)

If you want to do that you can go ahead :)

At the moment i\'m trying to get the parts into KSP

Here is the staging that i have in mind.

engine > 6-fuel tanks > decoupler > engine > 6-fueltanks > pod

daedalus.PNG

Also a render of the Daedalus in space

Daedalus6.png

Lol, that render looks silly, in a good way :P I will get to work on that trailer. I will also follow updates as I see a lot in the future of this mod!

Is it a nuclear puls engine?? ???

Yes it is a nuclear puls engine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Daedalus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_pulse_propulsion#Project_Daedalus

At the moment i\'ve got a problem. :(

The second stage is almost done, but when i connect the lower fuel tanks to the engine through the engine just grey out.

daedalus6.PNG

Also i still need to do nodes proberly to have 6 fuel tanks, but i don\'t know how to do that and i don\'t want to start with math on that.

Then i can do the upper stage.

I´ve got an Idea!!

You make many very little decoupler with a little SRB On top so it wokr like an real nuclear puls engine:

/-----\Upper Stage

/ / \ \ Booster

/ ---- \ Decoupler

/ / \ \ Booster

/ ---- \ Decoupler

and so on. These things are hidden in the rocket. When you decouple there is a short very strong burn which bring the rocket higher.

Can\'t you just put a node every 60 degrees?

At the moment it\'s this :

// --- node definitions ---

node_stack_top = 0.0, 5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -5.5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_fuel1 = 0.0, 3.2, 5, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_fuel2 = 0.0, 3.2, -5, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_fuel3 = 5, 3.2, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_fuel4 = -5, 3.2, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

//node_stack_fuel5 = 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

//node_stack_fuel6 = 0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

You could also have \'nuclear\' decouplers that decouple very hard, decouplers can be used for propulsion with the right values

I´ve got an Idea!!

You make many very little decoupler with a little SRB On top so it wokr like an real nuclear puls engine:

/-----\Upper Stage

/ / \ \ Booster

/ ---- \ Decoupler

/ / \ \ Booster

/ ---- \ Decoupler

and so on. These things are hidden in the rocket. When you decouple there is a short very strong burn which bring the rocket higher.

Maybe i\'m doing that later, but at first i need to solve the problem with the fuel.

I connected the fuel tanks to the engine, i\'m just not sure why the engine greys out and i don\'t want to connect every tank with a fuel line to the engine.

didn\'t someone try that whole ' decoupler ejection force as propulsive force' thing and end up literally billions of lightyears out? something about setting ejection force to like 1 to the power of 10 or possibly more?