Just played the demo last night...

KSPlayer

You call this a Simulator. Let me tell you. It\'s more than that! ;)

Welcome To The Forums

No offense intended. It simply strikes me as incredibly fun and more like a simulator (useful simulation of real-world physics) than a game (suspension of disbelief required.)

No offense taken, I am sure. If you want a space sim, try Orbiter. Then come back and call KSP a simulator. ;P

While KSP is a simulator in the rudimentary sense of the word, it tries to remain accessible to those of us that don\'t have engineering degrees or other math-based skills and does so very well. 8)

As long as KSP allows casual play with little math needed, it will succeed. As soon as I have to do any math in my head, on paper, or on a calculator, KSP will cease to be entertaining.

Arrr!

Capt\'n Skunky

No offense taken, I am sure. If you want a space sim, try Orbiter. Then come back and call KSP a simulator. ;P

While KSP is a simulator in the rudimentary sense of the word, it tries to remain accessible to those of us that don\'t have engineering degrees or other math-based skills and does so very well. 8)

As long as KSP allows casual play with little math needed, it will succeed. As soon as I have to do any math in my head, on paper, or on a calculator, KSP will cease to be entertaining.

Arrr!

Capt\'n Skunky

Actually, didn\'t you have to use the paper, calculator, and your head when this was at the earliest stages? = :D There weren\'t any orbital maps back then. But once you get the hang of it, you memorize them. Thats what makes KSP so entertaining. Hard at first, but it\'ll even out slowly, giving a sense of achievement. 8)

Back in the day you had no orbital map , and if you got over 400k you would fly out forever , this was before a star or the Mun was added.

I was able to land on the Moon with a Delta Glider, and I don\'t have any sort of training , except for knowledge I\'ve learned from KSP.