Undescovered part Easter egg?!

HafCoJoe

I was reading through this thread about awesome aircraft when I read about the A-10 Warthog. In the middle of watching a video, I found

. Familiar anyone?

DSC_8663.jpg

Although I'm sure this is probably a very common ladder design, I still find it cool.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

That's actually a very standard design of ladder for fighter jets. The real version telescopes out extremely fast as compared to the KSP variant too, mostly because it's a passive telescoping mechanism (ie. gravity does all the work for getting it to extend).

The most obscure part Easter egg that I know of has to be either:

1) On the little radial air intake, there's a label that says "WARNING: THIS DEVICE SUCKS."

or:

2) On the circuit boards on the 2.5m probe core, some of the integrated circuits are labeled things like "Thingamajig" and "Oscillotatotron."

Both of these things are barely visible with the highest quality textures, but they're there.

Oh, and on the four-person Mk2 passenger module, there's a hole in the back right window, and it says "KRU-K4B1N MK2" between the windows.

I should make a list of all the parts' words and phrases... there's a lot of stuff that isn't seen very often at all.

I just spent way too long looking through photo galleries of various fighter boarding ladders. I think you're right - no other aircraft seems to have that style installed and painted bright yellow. I'm impressed that no one's noticed before - I guess we don't have too many real world A-10 pilots or ground crew on these forums!

I just spent way too long looking through photo galleries of various fighter boarding ladders. I think you're right - no other aircraft seems to have that style installed and painted bright yellow. I'm impressed that no one's noticed before - I guess we don't have too many real world A-10 pilots or ground crew on these forums!

It's been brought up several times in this forum

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.