Multiple docking ports?

You can connect any amount, but for structural purposes three will usually suffice:

screenshot155.png

However, if two craft are connected by several docking ports, only one of the connections transfers fuel. The one that came together first, but that it difficult to plan for.

If you want to try multi-port docking, I recommend installing the Docking Port Alignment Indicator. Once you learn to use it, the level of precision you have in casual single-port docking is more than enough for multi-port docking. I've never had to retry multi-docking, because all ports always connect on the first attempt.

If you want to try multi-port docking, I recommend installing the Docking Port Alignment Indicator. Once you learn to use it, the level of precision you have in casual single-port docking is more than enough for multi-port docking. I've never had to retry multi-docking, because all ports always connect on the first attempt.

yep. that mod is gold!

This big space tanker/carrier was assembled with 4 simultaneous clampatron Sr. dockings-

FTxmryN.jpg

It wasn't actually enough to prevent significant oscillation under time compression and maximum thrust.

If there's a mod that helps with simultaneous dockings like Jouni says, then I'd highly recommend it. It would sometimes take me many tries to get the two halves of this ship design correctly docked into each other.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.