Rocket Girls anime

RainDreamer

Because some people don't like subtitles or re-watching :wink:

On the other hand, most dubs are horribly mismanaged and is like listening to nails on a chalkboard. Most dubs can't get the emotions right either, not to near the intensity of the original. For example, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Season S. One of the more emotionally charged anime's I've seen, Funimation did an OK job... but the fight with Accelerator (first one) was seriously lacking in his maniacal attitude. The bridge scene was ok... but didnt give me goosebumps like watching the original does. Wording is off, so alot of meaning and what not is off... it just feels... off.

On the other hand, most dubs are horribly mismanaged and is like listening to nails on a chalkboard. Most dubs can't get the emotions right either, not to near the intensity of the original. For example, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Season S. One of the more emotionally charged anime's I've seen, Funimation did an OK job... but the fight with Accelerator (first one) was seriously lacking in his maniacal attitude. The bridge scene was ok... but didnt give me goosebumps like watching the original does. Wording is off, so alot of meaning and what not is off... it just feels... off.

Let alone Attack on Titan, Erin's voice is way too wimpy.

Anyways, about Rocket Girls, my older brother told me about it (he's way into anime, and in his 30s...), but I don't know if it's my cup of tea.

ToMAYto toMAHto. Ain't gonna argue Ford vs Chevy either:P

I don't know. Cowboy Bebop has a decent dub.

I don't know. Cowboy Bebop has a decent dub.

I'm not saying that there arn't good dubs, Gunslinger Girl is probably better in the dub than in the original japanese. Its just that in most cases, the Sub will always be better.

I'm not saying that there arn't good dubs, Gunslinger Girl is probably better in the dub than in the original japanese. Its just that in most cases, the Sub will always be better.

I'm not enough of an anime person to getting into a sub vs dub argument. Whatever floats yer boat, fellow human. Me? I don't really care if it's dubbed or subbed as long as it's good.

[quote name='Azimech']I've been watching an episode for 10 minutes (ep.6, youtube) and it surprises me as being very enjoyable![/QUOTE]

[I]Reverse Polish notation[/I] help reenter better no doubt xDr we got a life saver here xDr

A bit too much fan service for a weird guy like me too, but nice [URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sh%C5%8Dnen_manga"]shonen[/URL] alternating quality space stuff and side stories.

Enjoyed the first 6 first episode even if some certain specific [I]shonen[/I] layer stuff tend to make giggles a little, let's see what's next 6 to go. Edited by WinkAllKerb''

[QUOTE=WinkAllKerb'';2298066][I]Reverse Polish notation[/I] help reenter better no doubt xDr we got a life saver here xDr

A bit too much fan service for a weird guy like me too, but nice [URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sh%C5%8Dnen_manga"]shonen[/URL] alternating quality space stuff and side stories.

Enjoyed the first 6 first episode even if some certain specific [I]shonen[/I] layer stuff tend to make giggles a little, let's see what's next 6 to go.[/QUOTE]

If its got "fan service" Then I'm not interested. I've been burned on that before, I.E. Strike Witches. That series had such potential, only to find out its mostly random crap with way too much fan service in every. single. episode.

Then again... I'm not like most guys who are more attracted to the more conservatively dressed women than one that leaves little to the imagination. I'm also a sucker for a good shoujou romantic comedy, or romance anime in general, see Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso (or Your Lie In April, I dare any sane, living human being not to shed a few tears during that one)

[quote name='Sovek']If its got "fan service" Then I'm not interested. I've been burned on that before, I.E. Strike Witches. That series had such potential, only to find out its mostly random crap with way too much fan service in every. single. episode.[/QUOTE]

Fan service is the worst. You have to watch things when you are alone for fear of sudden cleavage and heavy breathing. And what makes it worse is that a lot of the time it's teenaged girls who fall victim to the fan service gods. This show in particular is bad for it, but the story and rocketry made up for it, I think.

@sovek, FS is decreasing amongst episode, shonen are shonen with all related cultural, historical, socio, local/export anime market related stuff in the background. If your interested in space, it's easy to not pay too much attention, if you don't know anithing about space it could be a good introduction to it ; )

( [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime#Industry[/url] )

this also ([url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Anime[/url]) Marvel Anime is a series of four television anime series and two direct to video films produced in collaboration between Marvel Entertainment and Japanese animation studio Madhouse is not anecdotic at all, also madhouse is the studio that worked on opm wich i linked a litll' bit earlier.

(Jap and korean anim are popular for a reason, because of the many many process evolution on many levels.) Edited by WinkAllKerb''

I suggest you could have a look at "soul eater" anime, 24 or so episode this one is kinda interesting because "bones" studio staff ironise a lot around all the anime process used in the animation industry.
Highlighting each process with some small scene recursive or not when necessary amongst episodes and the story itself.

The whole anime is kinda a satyr of the whole animation industry and what most studios are asked to include by scope statement agreement related to audience aim (local, international [or some specific country, or a main market with some why not adjustement because i might please there too while sticking to main aim by local / cultural / historical sort of correlating shared stuff and potential additionnal income], ages /gender/ etc. etc.) in the manga/manwha/comics they re porting to tv.

(if you want to have fun watch a few episode of the spin off "soul eater(not)" after you will get the difference straight ; )

[u]Edit:[/u]

Sort of applying chemistry to social and psychological stuff // related "movement" to make a quick and simple analogia.

[SIZE=1]"Chemistry is a branch of physical science that studies the composition, structure, properties and change of matter.[1][2] Chemistry deals with such topics as the properties of individual atoms, how atoms form chemical bonds to create chemical compounds, the interactions of substances through intermolecular forces that give matter its general properties, and the interactions between substances through chemical reactions to form different substances."

"Animation is a branch of media communication science that studies the composition, structure, properties and change of society.[1][2] Animation deals with such topics as the properties of individuals, how individual interact with each other and form communities, the interactions of communities through frontier bind that give matter its general properties, and the interactions between communities through the animation as a communication medium to form some differents communities."

it work more or less like that ... not what anyone can call an exact science but there a few process in place ...[/SIZE] Edited by WinkAllKerb''

[quote name='lajoswinkler']I had to search what fan service is. Oh my. LOL
Yeah, it's a dumb thing to do, especially when characters are minors. It's just wrong and besides, stupid.[/QUOTE]

I don't really mind it too much when the characters are supposed to be like 17+ and it only happens in a couple of episodes (see Ami in Toradora!), The problem is when thats the shows only... well.. selling point, and on very young girls, I.E. Strike Witches.

The main attraction to anime for me is namely for the plot line and story. Probably why I've tried going through Azumanga Daioh two or three times, only to get bored with it halfway through. It still sits on my hard drive, unwatched. Same goes for Lucky Star.

Oooo, neat! So it's like Moe Space Brothers.

Update: I just watched the first four episodes and I can see why a fellow Kerballer would bring it up - in fact I'm surprised I didn't hear about this sooner! Those people at the SSA are practically Kerbals, what with how they keep blowing up the space center because some pyromaniac tried to supercharge the SRB fuel and so on xD Edited by parameciumkid

[quote name='parameciumkid']Oooo, neat! So it's like Moe Space Brothers.

Update: I just watched the first four episodes and I can see why a fellow Kerballer would bring it up - in fact I'm surprised I didn't hear about this sooner! Those people at the SSA are practically Kerbals, what with how they keep blowing up the space center because some pyromaniac tried to supercharge the SRB fuel and so on xD[/QUOTE]

Please don't compare this show with Space Brothers. Rocket Girls is complete crud compared to it.

I enjoyed both, but Space Brothers has a better plot, more character development, and very emotional moments. It is slow-paced, though, so if you're not into that...

Anyways, I only watched this series in 2015 because I would have been too prudish to watch it a few years ago. Edited by Pipcard

I know that, but I would prefer to see Space Brothers in an animated form, with voice acting, soundtrack, etc. I wouldn't have had the same emotional reaction to some scenes if I was experiencing it in a manga format. I just don't know how long I will have to wait for the anime to start back up again, or if it is really on permanent hiatus. Edited by Pipcard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.