[0.17] Electrical Energy Plugin | v1.5 (Oct 12)

Kreuzung

Ion engines...  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Ion engines...

• ...should stay infinite (only using energy)
    • ...should use a bit of normal fuel too
    • ...should use a bit of RCS fuel
    • ...should have their own fuel type
    • ... are for idiots (do not vote for this option!)

The OP is a lie. I could release a new version right now, but I\'d have to completely remake a lot of config files for all the stuff based on this plugin, and I want to go off earlier today, need to know about the sorrows of dumb Werther for German class test tomorrow, and I rather repeat that all before I have to read through the whole book five times in 50 minutes ;P.

Adding next version in the next minutes. It adds nothing really new, but removes ships using 1.2 from the .sfs, so you should try to get rid of them before installing.

+Added a new part module, ModuleKrPowertechSupport, it can be applied to SolarPanels_adv_PowerTech (or the ZO2 version) from PowerTech to make them produce energy
*Airfilter now works even if not activated with staging
*Energy now uses part resources (left the old stuff in for compatibility)
*Tweaked the Void Bukerneering battery to use the new system
*Tweaked the Void Bukerneering ion engine to more realistic values (made by rkman)
-if there was something else, I forgot it...

Did some quick&dirty stuff in the code to prevent harmless NullRef errors, I know it could be done better but it doesn\'t do harm and I didn\'t want to spend more time that I could use to learn a bit for school instead...

Edit: Before someone searches the battery state, you can read out the values in the right-click menu.

The 1.3 update doesn\'t seem to be working properly for me.

I install the 1.3 plugin, the VB parts and MuMechLib.dll 1.8.4.1, but in-game it says that the battery is not available for the current KSP version (0.15.2). The ion engines work with the batteries, but they don\'t drain any energy (and the batteries have a white question mark icon instead of the yellow fuel tank icon).

The battery works fine if I install the VB parts from 1.2 together with the 1.3 .dll, it is just the 1.3 VB parts that are buggy.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Nope. You\'re just confused.

That \'not aviable\' and question mark is a little problem with KSP I couldn\'t solve, the solution was just too easy ;P

The batteries drain slowly, think I\'ll make the engine a bit less efficient...

Yes! I see it now, it\'s just the icon that is bugged.

On another note, the solar panels are VERY overpowered now, the new MRZdynaVolt panel can refill a battery in just over 1 minute, while the old one charged 0.1 energy per second or something like that.

Yes! I see it now, it\'s just the icon that is bugged.

On another note, the solar panels are VERY overpowered now, the new MRZdynaVolt panel can refill a battery in just over 1 minute, while the old one charged 0.1 energy per second or something like that.

I multiplicated the values with 50 \'cause I thought that PowerTech_MuMech used Physx frames instead of seconds. I\'ll have a look on it and release a new version of the parts soon.

For some reason, when i click on the ion engine, it does nothing, i cant place it. i can place the battery tho.

Save http://svn.mumech.com/KSP/trunk/Releases/MuMechLib.dll in your plugins folder.

I multiplicated the values with 50 \'cause I thought that PowerTech_MuMech used Physx frames instead of seconds. I\'ll have a look on it and release a new version of the parts soon.Save http://svn.mumech.com/KSP/trunk/Releases/MuMechLib.dll in your plugins folder.

What i dont get, is i have mechjeb 1.8.4 >.< guess ill just have to re download it.

The MechJeb .zip contains version 1.8.4, which is not the newest one (althrough it contains the newest version of the autopilot stuff), use 1.8.4.1 from the link above or the Camera plugin instead.

First post from a long-time KSP fan and newbie to adding mods...

... where do I put the 'Source' folder with all the .cs files in it? I searched my KSP folder and couldn\'t find any other files with that extension and there doesn\'t seem to be any documentation in this thread.

Help!

C.

First post from a long-time KSP fan and newbie to adding mods...

... where do I put the 'Source' folder with all the .cs files in it? I searched my KSP folder and couldn\'t find any other files with that extension and there doesn\'t seem to be any documentation in this thread.

Help!

C.

Source files are for other modders, to see the source code of it, you dont put it in KSP.

EDIT: Excuse me? the electrical engines deliver 2 THRUST? in the picture, you were flying with one engine that had 2 thrust? ???

Source files are for other modders, to see the source code of it, you dont put it in KSP.

EDIT: Excuse me? the electrical engines deliver 2 THRUST? in the picture, you were flying with one engine that had 2 thrust? ???

In the picture, I\'m flying with the engine from the Deep Space Mission pack. And I was going down. And it was the old configuration anyway. ;P

*Tweaked the Void Bukerneering ion engine to more realistic values (made by rkman)

Those fuel consumption and thrust numbers i posted where just experimental and as it turns out, to cheaty.

Currently i think the fuel consumption must be such that the ion engine can not run full throttle all the time with 2 solar panels on the craft, taking into account that zo2 production should be running near 100% of the time.

so is the update safe to download yet, or will it break my KSP?

for the heck of it, ion engine sound file (modified stock LFE sound):

Thanks for the sound 8)

I tweaked it up to 4 thrust and .15 energy consumption (Maraz\' engine has 8 thrust and .2 energy consumption, but it\'s much larger).

The plugin should be save to download, but it does nothing without the new part configs, which probably remove ships using the old config from the persistence file. Backup the .sfs, if it\'s broken post here, maybe it can be edited manually.

Having some trouble trying to turn some Kosmos panels into ones that will produce electricity. Hopefully somebody can help out.

I\'ve got them to produce electricity, But it only seems the actual panel I laid to wants to actually work. As in the others added by the symmetry feature don\'t register, They produce no power even though their deployed. And it dosent\' seem to actually take into account how much sunlight its getting either, Its 100% efficient when deployed and 0% when undeployed, No inbetweens.

I\'ve tried adding the line of code in the OP alone and not changing the module, This gives the above results, Changing the module to part makes them unanimated (As i was expecting it to) changing the module to SolarPanels_adv_PowerTech like the dynavolt panels, That gives two efficiency windows in the little right click menu yet still only one panel wants to work, And it dosen\'t seem to be producing the number I\'m telling it to at all. I\'ve got one small weak panel and one large powerful panel reporting the same efficency of something like .325. And the other window (The one you added i think) is telling me i\'m getting 2.8, the number I set it for, So I\'m not even sure what the hell is going on there.

Somebody lend me a hand please, this is starting to drive me mad here haha. I feel I\'m so close to getting it all worked out.

Edit : :\'( Now it seems their working in symmetry, Except this one that is half shadowed, which i can live with. I\'ll edit this again if i ever fully understand what is going on haha. Still, Help would be appreciated. I\'m very confused by the efficiency & current energy gain readouts atm. Are they two totally different things?

Edit 2 : Okay so it seems that there is a fine point of angle as to where the panels will decide to work. The panel can be covered in sunlight, But as long as the base of the panel isn\'t in sunlight then it registers as 0 efficiency. As soon as i align a spacecraft to be in the perfect position as to give sunlight onto the base of the panels it snaps up to 100%. Is this just something with the kosmos panels or is this something new you added in? I feel like it\'s not recognizing the shape of the unfolded panel and instead seems to use the amount of sunlight on the undeployed model to determine its power output.

If it is something to do with the kosmos panels I can live with it, But it just seems weird to me that it wouldn\'t take into account the shape of the unfolded panel, I feel I\'m missing something on your plugins\' end. Might be wrong though and this could all be a product of the Dynasat plugin. Also, Solar buddy 2000 Dosen\'t seem to do anything for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.